It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much youth hanging around at ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm 42 and I talk utter bollocks at times, some may say quite frequently, and some, if not most, of these youth's talk much more sense than I ever will.

Some of the exceptional members here on ATS are much younger than I and offer hope for the future.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As someone already stated, Age is just a number. Maturity levels differ with each person. ANY aged person can be immature, or mature, depending on the environment, state of mind, etc...

(Mostly) all members are here for the same reason. To discuss topics, offer insight, debunk, encourage, find truth, etc.. Older, and Younger. Everyone here has an interest, if not, why are they here?

I think its great that some younger people are here to learn about world events, from the another perspective. Not from the Governments/Media's tainted version of it. Learning to think for themselves...learning to look at something from different angles. Learning to ask questions, they never thought to ask.

Although, there are some, who give the younger generation a bad name... its not fair to paint us all with that brush.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am 17, I found ATS when I was 14, I dont post all that much, I try to avoid posting actually, I am here to learn, and what I have learned, the youth have some interesting things to say, and in all honesty, the stupidest most arrogant ignorant unthought out posts I have seen have been from people who can only back up their claims and opinions with "ive been around the block a few times" as in, they are not youth, but more 30's, 40's, what have you, not to say the youths as you put it dont post stupid content, but we cant really back whatever we say up with the whole personal experience card, no, not all of us have been around to long, personally, I have done a lot of amazing things that have changed me, matured me as i will put it, though I hate to say I am mature, far from it, immaturity comes with being a teen, though I can tell you that the teens that hang around ATS are far more mature then the teens who would rather spend their time doing things that dont fit the T&C.

So, be glad that the youth you see here are here, all it means is that we are willing to learn, we have an open mind, and the the world isnt completely doomed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Young men are fitter to invent than to judge; fitter for execution than for counsel; and fitter for new projects than for settled business.
-Francis Bacon

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A recent pic of me on the computer browsing my favorite website, BTS

get real

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well im 19 and I dont claim to be an expert on anything, but as far as Im concerned the youth are the future of ATS. I admit there has been alot of immaturity and lack of research and effort in some recent topics, but you learn from your mistakes.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
After all those wonderful replies, I guess I`d rather rant no more.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is a win loss situation. Younger people can be just as smart as everone else. Its just when you get the 10 year old no brained "YOU ALL ARE NERDS" in here when we have a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join