It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here ever been followed??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
when I was younger, I was walking home one dark night and heard a strange noise. I kept looking over my shoulder and all around, but I couldn't see anything. Then, I came to an intersection where it was a little lighter and saw that a puppy had come up behind me. I crossed the road. It did too. I walked along the street, and it followed me; so yes, emphatically I have been followed.

You folk who have been followed, if you have nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong, then why worry? Or maybe, just maybe you're a bunch of paranoid delusionists?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Creepy.
About the boyfriend, I mean.

I have been followed three times. Luckily, I read enough books, and have an idea of when I am being followed. I don't know why I was followed, but in order to catch them, you can't do anything extraordinary. Like, no sudden turns, or speeding up or slowing down. Use traffic lights. Slow down as you approach a green light, (they should be to your left) and let a light go yellow on you. If they slow down too, for no reason, they are following. If you want to lose them, do the same trick, but speed up at the last sec.

A LOT of people go missing every year. It's not always paranoia. Interesting idea about a mind wipe. Sometimes I notice that I'm missing time, and I wonder why my brain is so fast all the time.
Story for another thread.
-Jason

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Okay..... this sounds unbelieveable.... but today I just got more validity to this....

I'm being indirectly followed by someone who's my doppleganger.

He's stalking all my friends, and they think I'm the one doing it.

I've also had quite a few vehicles with gov't plates follow me. A week ago, I was driving to work, when I noticed that I was copmpletely surrounded by cars with gov't plates, led by a black caddilac and a black lincoln with gov't plates also.

Oh and a few weeks ago, I almost got hit head on by someone in a jet black lincoln, who seemed to purposely swerve into my lane. Luckily, I was on my toes, but the weird thing is that right before that happened, I got panicky and thought that I was lost. and at the time, I was looking from side to side to see if I saw any familiar landmarks, which eventually I did, but right before my full attention returned to the road in front of me, this Lincoln swerved like fluidly and seemingly with purpose, into my lane, like less than 50 feet in front of me, and we were both going like 60. If I had been wondering if I was lost one second longer, I'd be dead right now.

Strange things are afoot.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
this Lincoln swerved like fluidly and seemingly with purpose, into my lane, like less than 50 feet in front of me, and we were both going like 60.

Maybe the purpose was to change lanes?
Question: How many black lincolns are there in the U.S.?

Originally posted by indierockalienIf I had been wondering if I was lost one second longer, I'd be dead right now.

But if you were 'both going like 60" then you/he wouldn't have hit each other!

I guess the lesson there is to keep your attention on the road, don't use your cellphone, smoke, or change the radio while driving, and you'll be a lot safer.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I'm interested to know what exactly did I say or not say that would lead you to not believe my original post?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Everyday I look out my kitchen window and see a big black Chevy Surburban with tinted widows sitting across the street.

But I don't worry about it. It's just my neighbor Darnells'. He needs to get a tranny for that thing and get it off blocks!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
One time long ago, I thought I spotted a friend driving around at night on a rural road. I started to follow the car and see there were 2 people in it. I knew he had a girl friend and this car was the same as the one he drove.

The guy must of noticed I was following and he started to make turns on back roads till he fully realized he was being followed. He than pulls into a drive way and stops. I pull in behind him and he rolls down his window hanging his head out, where as, I yell his name out and he goes no.

I see it is not the guy I know and I back out and split. I bet this guy was freaked from the experience.

I usually have a shallow IQ tail gating me when driving, even changing lanes. Is that the same as being followed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes......By the FBI. They were horrible at it. I found out from a lady that works in their office, and I took the idiots across the country on the most boring trip ever. lol.....Drive for 10 hours, sleep for 8. From TX to Las Vegas, then back to Mississippi. Then up to Ohio and 5 days in a Motel 6 in Oklahoma....eating pizza...Doing nothing....I turned off my cell and told nobody what I was up too...The end is nothing came of it, except a friend with ATF told me they think I am INSANE.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

Same here dude, I've been followed by dogs several times. What I usually do is keep walking as usual and ignore them. I have also being followed by cats, I use the same tactics and they go away.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
my post got erased, so I have to write this whole thing, over again.

Years after the events I wrote about in my post, above,
I was looking through court records from the county's archives, on-line.
I found the arrest record of my old girlfriend from my story.
She had the longest record of any person in the county.
It took up 25 pages.
So, just because you can not think of a reason for being followed does not mean it is not happeneing.
What is in the past of every one you know, that they are not talking about.

As for confronting these people,
One time I caught one of them looking for me and started to follow him.
He was surprised and freaked out.
He was driving a white unmarked crown victoria with no plates.
He spun his tires and ran through an intersection by going right around cars stopped for a red light and drove right through cross-traffic, towards the nearest cop station.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I kinda followed someone 2 nights ago and I think I freaked them out too. I live on a hill with limited parking and I see a neighbor getting ready to leave and I need a parking spot. Instead of sitting with my hazzards and blocking traffic , I circle around the block and by the time I come back around the spot is empty normally. well apparantly whoever was driving the car in front of me thought the same thing. I had never seen that particular car before so I assumed the person was lost and I'm paying no attention to them. so they slow down past the spot and then make a right hand turn. I see my neigbor is still taking his sweet assed time so I circle as well. The strange car is slowly driving past the spot, as I pull up I'm thinking "this guy must really be lost!?!"... I'm also thinking my neighbor needs to invest in an engine block heater or autostart if he's so worried about his car warming up!...the strange car slows down and makes a right again. I follow suit. now the guy is gunning around the corner screeching his tires. on the 3rd time around the block as soon as he sees my headlights he hauls @$$. by this time my neighbor is slowly pulling out and I slide into the spot. The strange car comes up the block with his lights off and driving very slowly pulls along side me and stares at me with an expression that was half fear and half confusion. I smile and wave and say , "parkings a bitch on this street eh?" and his face changes to relief as he half smiles and replies "I Know man , have a good one" and drives off. If I was him I guess I might have been a lil paranoid thinking I was being followed when it was just coincedence. I'm not saying any of you AREN'T being followed but I pose this question. What do you do in your life that would cause someone else to take time out of theirs to follow you? (besides being an ATS'r because we all know how exciting our lives are, so exciting that we spend countless hours on this forum searching for truth) The truth is you are most likely a tad bit high strung or paranoid. The SCARY truth is ,if those guys you invision in your mind actually want you, they'll get you and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My buddies and I were being followed once from a strip club. We where headed to the whore house and when we got there we were all drunk and pumped up. We approached the white car and it took off way fast and kicked up some rocks one hit me in the chest.
I think he got one of us confused with someone else or something.
(None of us had enough money for the hookers so we got chicken fingers instead.) The end.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
haha, well, when i was 18 my friend got this big dark green plymouth? van, it was one of those huge block looking vans, well we had the great idea to just follow people for nothing, to see what they'd do, we did it for about a month every few nights, entertained the hell out of us! You'd be surprised how many people start making crazy turns and backtracking if they think they're being followed, one guy pulled over in a gas station parking lot at like midnight or so, and started walking up to the van, it was in a city so there were plenty of people around, and my friend calmy rolled down the window and asked him for directions, and he gave them to us. . . didnt question the following incident. . .oh great times

if we had a video camera, we'd be rich like the jackass guys. . .

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Writing things down and taking pictures is valid, as others have already posted to this thread. Another thing to do is letting people you know know what happened, as well as making a report to your local police department. This way, the have the incident on paper. Then if it happens again, use some of what others have posted, like writing things down like he license plate number and any pictures you take of the vehicle. Then you can take that material down to your local police department and making a larger, more complete report out the next time it happens It may be that the first incident was nothing, but why take a chance if your safety and well being may be at stake? It is always better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I was followed once, but it was my sisters ex boyfriend. She had just dumped him because he was hitting on me and turned out to be a class A jerk. He sucked at following me so I drove around town for a while then stopped at the police station. He took off when he realized where I was pulling into. A few nights later he called and threatened to kill me, along with a bunch of other threats. What sucked for him is that my mom was very good friends with the chief of police and babysat his boys for him for years. He looked into it and we never heard from the ex boyfriend again.

But I have never to my knowledge been followed by anyone of any real consequence. Me and my terribly interesting and dangerous secret filled life are so worth the time, effort and money of being followed. Yeah right..
I am no one to the govt, just a boring ol housewife. With my multitude of children, house cleaning ways, grocery shopping adventures and minivan of doom..(ooops.. shouldn't admit that... it could have been me following you?!!
), Every govt agency wants to follow me to make sure I don't do anything wrong, ok that and they want my awesome fried chicken recipe that granny gave me years ago.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My Wife and I had just moved into a new neighborhood, when we noticed the same old beat up pickup truck with a hand painted star on the door following us home every night.

After a couple of weeks my Wife mentioned the same truck had followed her to the Laundromat a few blocks away two weeks in a row. We started watching for the truck.

After a few days we realized this man would be waiting for us at the entrance to the development when we came home from work every night. We own a business and we were both working the same long hours and we got home about 9:30 PM every night. When my Wife went to do laundry it was usually about 10 PM because the Laundry would be empty and still open. It was a quiet rural area with no crime so she felt safe.

Then after a third episode of this man following her to the Laundry she got scared and I got mad. The next night he followed us from the entrance gate to our house again. He parked across the street and was openly staring at our windows.

I'd had enough so I went out in the street and confronted him. I found an old man, poorly dressed in a 25 year old, beat up pickup with a hand painted star on his drivers door. I demanded he tell me why he was stalking us and told him I was going to file a stalking complaint. He responded he had every right to follow us as we were clearly criminals who had no right to be in this neighborhood.

I asked why he thought we were criminals and he said it was because we got home so late at night and nobody was ever there.
Never occurred to this jerk that we worked I guess. He then revealed he was the HEAD OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH and that he had THE SHERIFFS FULL BACKING

The next day I find out from one of my neighbors the rest of the story. It turns out my Wife and I are the only residents living on this loop that are not members of the same church and they were pissed about the old owner selling to me. I called the Sheriff and let him know I had the whole story and was seeking an attorney and was ready to go to the media if need be. I never saw that sad old man and his hand painted star again.

If there is a point to my long story it is this; confront them if you think you are being followed as it may just be a silly old man, with to much time on his hands putting on a show for a bunch of stupid neighbors.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was followed 2 years ago, it was the scarest thing that has ever happend to me. I have talked about it before in a board but after i talked about it they started following me again, so I will leave it at that. But it does happend

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
Ummmm weird. I'm in a bit of disbelief that so many of you were followed around and that a good portion of that were not fluke one timers.

I have not been followed as any of you have described. Are you sure you aren't just being overly paranoid? We all have to be a little paranoid to even register for a site such as this (and I believe a good amount of paranoia is helpful, it heightens your awareness) and some more than paranoid than others so are you sure it was real?

The guys across the street were quite real, and there was no doubt about the solder in the phone... Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by Blaine91555

If there is a point to my long story it is this; confront them if you think you are being followed as it may just be a silly old man, with to much time on his hands putting on a show for a bunch of stupid neighbors.

I don't know if I would ever do this myself, being a petite woman. What if the guy had a gun, and the situation wasn't so silly?

I think it would be best to call the police in a situation like this and let them handle it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the subject matter discussed on this website, but the level of paranoia present here is stunning. Why in the world do any of you think you're important enough to be followed?

... I promise you that none of you are that important. I'd be shocked if any of you had ever been followed by anyone related to the government.

Well, sir, I know for a fact my house was being watched...it was shortly after I saw the narcmobile that my phone was tampered with, less than a week. And like I said, my dad had ultra-above-top-secret clearance. So I'm thinking maybe I am (or was) "that important."

[shrug]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join