It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here ever been followed??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was followed the other night on my way home from my store. I'll admit I can be a little paranoid at times but in this case it turned out to be helpful. I noticed that a minivan had been following me for a few streets and turns so on a whim I made a few turns to double back the same direction I was coming from. The minivan made the same turns. Now I know why I doubled back on myself but why would this random vehicle also be doubling back?? After I made another turn I sped up and jumped in front of someone who was about to back out of their driveway. I then made another turn at the end of the street and another and slowed down to see if the minivan was going to pass the street I was currently on. It did pass the end of the street slowly as if looking for something. I then drove away and headed home in a not so direct fashion.

Now by no means do I think the government is following me. They would have no reason to plus they already know where I live and what car I drive. What freaks me out is that it had to be just a person that for whatever reason needed to know where I was going. I never got a license plate because it was night time and the minivan never got within about 30 feet.
If this has happened to you please share any info that might be useful.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For at least half of my life I have been a victim of electronic harrassment. The harrassment involves being followed wherever I go, including out of state and out
of country. My advice to you is that if you continue to notice weird happenings like
you mentioned you should do your best to ignore it. That is all I can do myself to get
peace of mind from the harrassment. It is an everyday occurrence in my case, and
I'm not being followed on the ground but rather from the air using helis, small planes,
jet aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles. But I push on and try not to let it get me down.
Here is my story www.belowtopsecret.com...'. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Thanks,
Greydawn

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I get followed sporadically. Had a mini-van incident not too long ago myself actually.

There are a few things to consider though. We live in a surveillance society. Coming to places like ATS will make you more aware of things you would have been oblivious to in the past. A lot of times when people are followed, they just happen to fit a description, or are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then you also have to consider that everyone is now under electronic surveillance all of the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When i was a lot younger one of my schoolfriends followed me home from school, without asking.

Which i considered to be rather disrespectful, after a fashion.

I ignore the other guys who follow me.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

Thanks for the reply, I read your post and all I can say is wow. If I had that much stuff going on I would be going crazy. I'm hoping mine was a one time incident. I guess I'll find out in a little while when I head home tonight.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Was it a green Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager? That girl follwed me once too. I slowed down and then she slowed down....it was kinda funny.

It's always possible they mistook you for someone else like even their stalker or cheating spouse or their lover. I've been followed by road rage drivers a couple of times. Once I went into a store and out the other door across the street. The guy called the cops and the dumb*** cop ran my plate so the guy found out where I lived. He started calling my house and harassing my wife. "You stole my story" -Shooter, Secret Window

Paranoia is no fun for the victim. Been there more than a few times.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yeah, that why I am hoping it was just a one time thing. The idea that someone out there is going to be following me around for whatever reason kinda freaks me out. The electronic surveillance while wrong is at least passive and if it is happening to me it is not affecting my day to day life.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I don't know what kind of make and model the minivan was, the only thing i know is the color. It was silver.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have learned to cope with it as best as possible. I don't react to it the way that I used.
I first became aware of it around age 12. Up until recently I had no idea why it was
occurring. I went through every idea in the book as to why I was chosen to be an
experimentee. I used to think it was something about me that got me chosen to be
a victim of HAARP like weaponry. I would blame myself for what was going on. Come
to find out that it wasn't anything that I did to make me get chosen for the experiment.
A source of myne suggested to me that I was chosen because I have an average psycho-
logical profile and that alone can make you a candidate for this type of experimentation.
My source also said that it is likely PSY-OPS units high above the typical agencies. The
reason for experimenting on me is because If I represent the average man then I will
react to these imposed circumstances the same way the general population would. So
what I am in effect is a guinea pig being tested on with advanced sciences that the guys
on top intend to use on the general populations in the future. It is all data collection pure
and simple.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I accidentally wandered onto a military base on my dirtbike, and got chased by a humvee. I went back the way I came, and hauled a lot of arse until they were no longer chasing me.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yes, I have, and it can really be creepy! I would advise you to carry a camera and a video camera whenever possible, so if it becomes a problem, you will have some proof to give to the police!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, I got used to being followed a long time ago. My dad was a leading aerospace engineer back in the day, with ultra-above-top-secret access (no, he never discussed his work). They checked out the families of such people and I was, of course, one of them.

Around the time my dad retired, I was living on a cul-de-sac up in the hills of LA, on a street that, even if you were looking for it, was hard to find. Usually when someone who didn't live there managed to get there, they would turn around and leave.

Well, one day I was home and went out to get the mail. Parked across the street was a pale-green "narcmobile" - you know, a Plymouth or Dodge sort of nondescript sedan. Inside were three men, and I kid you not, they were all wearing sunglasses. One was at the wheel and the other two were in the back. They watched me as I pulled mail out of the box, and about 30 seconds after I went back inside, they started up the engine and left.

What is more interesting is that we had an Atari 800 (this was a while ago) that we had connected to the web (at 350 baud!) through a phone we had gotten at Radio Shack. One day it stopped working and my roommate, who was attending CalTech at the time, took the phone apart.

What he found was a big blob of solder making hanging the phone up an impossibility (which meant that merely tapping into the line would allow anyone to listen in on conversations in the room). Although fairly certain that the phone had been tampered with, he took the phone to an expert friend of his at CalTech. The friend said that there was no way the phone ever could have worked with that solder blob there, and that the phone had definitely been tampered with.

Needless to say, I grasped the feeling of being raped that day.

But as the years progressed, I got used to the idea that I was likely being surveilled (I mean, I have not exactly been quiet about shady things going on in the gov't...). I figure there is little I can do to stop them, so worrying about it is just wasted energy.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes !
This was like fifteen years ago.
I worked second shift, so I would get home at like midnight.
This was before cell-phones were common, so I would wait to see if my girlfriend would call to have me come over.
Someone had my line tapped.
I saw the guy messing with the box that fed the whole building and he acted very strange when I asked him what he was doing.
My girlfriend lived in the next town, and you had to drive through a long streach of undeveloped land, to get there.
There would be no one else on the road, late at night.
There was a road, in the middle of all that, that went to the state prison. Apparently they used that as a staging area for their vehicles, to follow people.
My theory is they used me, basicly, as practice, like to hone their techniques.
They would get behind me and get into position before they would turn their lights on.
So, I would be driving along with apparently no one else on the road, and all of a sudden there would be five or six cars behind me.
One night, the car right behind me turned on a great big light that was in the center of the grill.
I freaked out and turned off real fast into a dirt parking lot of an un-used motel, to get away from them.
They did not follow me into the lot, but after I thought I was away from them and went back on my way, it did not take long for them to get back on my tail.
One night I was going to take my girlfriend to my house, probubly 2:30 am.
I headed off in a right angle to my destination, to go a different way, on the interstate.
I told her I was sick of being followed.
I got to the on-ramp amd there was a cop parked in the middle of the ramp and a female cop came up to me and said the interstate was closed.
She did not give me a reason, like construction, or an accident. No, just the interstate was closed.
I ended up going back to the road I normaly used and got followed, again.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, good to see I'm not all that paranoid then since quite a few of you have your own problems of being followed. As far as I could tell nobody followed me last night so hopefully it was a 1 time deal and I'm going to chalk it up to mistaken identity.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ummmm weird. I'm in a bit of disbelief that so many of you were followed around and that a good portion of that were not fluke one timers.

I have not been followed as any of you have described. Are you sure you aren't just being overly paranoid? We all have to be a little paranoid to even register for a site such as this (and I believe a good amount of paranoia is helpful, it heightens your awareness) and some more than paranoid than others so are you sure it was real?

For any of you who have this as an ongoing problem you should start posting video of you being followed and show a span of days and weeks too.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I've been followed, family phone tapped. My good friend has been all her life. I didn't help by being the way I was. When I was in LA I was certain that people came in my house and went through my things in the evening. In college it was the same thing, even got set up a few times. NO KIDDING. Maybe I know something I shouldn't? I do get the feeling that my mind has been wiped at times...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever been followed, But ever since I moved to my current residence (about 4 years ago) I have been increasingly paranoid about people following me. I may just watch to many movies and documentaries, but I can't help it!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

I had an ex-boyfriend that used to follow me. He would borrow other cars so that he wouldn't be noticed.

One time when he did that, I pulled into a police station parking lot, and honked my horn until somebody came out.

It was the last time he ever did that!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the subject matter discussed on this website, but the level of paranoia present here is stunning. Why in the world do any of you think you're important enough to be followed?

Seriously, think about that for a second. If everybody that posted to these sorts of forums had to be followed, whichever three-letter agency was doing it would have to employ a million extra employees just to do that type of surveillance. I promise you that none of you are that important. I'd be shocked if any of you had ever been followed by anyone related to the government.

Sure, it makes us feel important if we think we were followed by someone else who thinks we're important, but I really doubt that the government cares in the slightest that you exist. That's just a harsh reality you'll have to face.

Perhaps there are a small handful of people who participate in these sites that the government is truly watching. Considering that there are thousands of members on this site, the odds are that you people are not one of those important few.

Relax. Enjoy the outdoors. Get out more. Paranoia feeds on itself. It's an insidious thing. Once you start becoming paranoid, it's difficult to gain enough perspective to stop the avalanche.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My very out spoken father held various political offices for 20 years. During those years I, as well as, my mother and brother, were followed. It didn't bother me in the least at the time.

Now, if being followed, I will stop and hope the follower will ride by and I then will follow him. I have turned around in the middle of the street and faced my follower.

It seems people are afraid to confront someone following them. Why not stop them and ask what the heck they are doing following you?

I refuse to be intimidated by anyone.

There is the issue of danger and I am well prepared to defend myself.

Follow me and you might get more than what you bargained for.

OP I suggest you carry a camera and note pad with you at all times. Take a picture of the people watching you, document the event with every possible detail and then come back and present your evidence. Until then I have doubts about your being followed. I mean you no disrespect. I just find it hard to believe your story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join