It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Tell the People or The people only get to know if they can afford it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ok, for those who don't know it is a book by an investigative writer named Georgina Bruni.

The whole title is: You Can't Tell the People: The Definitive Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery.

Product details

Paperback: 200 pages
Publisher: Pan Books; 2Rev Ed edition (9 Nov 2001)
Language English
ISBN-10: 033039021X
ISBN-13: 978-0330390217
Product Dimensions: 19.2 x 13 x 3.4 cm

And here is the synopsis:

At a charity party, investigative writer Georgina Bruni asks Mrs Thatcher what she thinks of UFOs. "UFOs?" says the aging baroness, "You must get your facts right, and you can't tell the people." Hence the title of this new book on the Rendlesham Forest mystery.
One night in December 1980, two USAF patrolmen reported seeing strange lights in Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk, between the twin USAF bases at RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge. Three more US servicemen were sent to investigate. They reported seeing "a strange glowing object... metallic in appearance and triangular in shape." The following day more USAF personnel, including the deputy base commander, found three depressions in the ground and later observed strange lights in the sky.

Was this the clearest evidence ever of UFO activity in Britain, or was it just another case of misconception and delusion? Whatever the case, the resulting silence from both the USAF and Britain's Ministry of Defence has led to the Rendlesham incident being labeled "Britain's Roswell". Twenty years later, Georgina Bruni tries to piece together the facts of the story.

Bruni says, despite all probable difficulties in the investigation that, "based on all the evidence, it seems obvious that there is a continuing cover-up to hide the details of the Rendlesham Forest incident." As always with this sort of book, what conclusions you draw tends to depend on what beliefs you arrive at the scene with. Clearly, however, You Can't Tell the People is a terse and rather thorough introduction to this unsolved mystery, and certainly worth reading for anyone with an interest in UFOs and the unusual. --David V Barrett --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Synopsis
This is the casebook of the world's only officially recognized UFO encounter that took place in the UK in December 1980. Previous accounts of the Rendlesham Forest incident have been flawed: people with axes to grind and little access to primary sources and discreditable single eyewitness accounts. Georgina Bruni has had access to police, Ministry of Defence and US military sources and her casebook reveals fresh information on the incident and the possible alien encounter that ensued. It includes interviews with those involved as well as other never-before-reported incidents in the area. The casebook also reveals details of the aftermath and the harsh treatment meted out to those who wavered from the "don't ask, don't tell" line of officialdom. 'While twenty years have passed, she brings new light to this story that just won't go away...' - Major General Gordon E. Williams, USAF (Retired).

So what is my point, well I thought this might be an interesting read and clearly I needed to find a copy so first stop Amazon.

Firstly I thought there must be a mistake or misprint in the price but no these really are the prices.

£132.79 to £303.78

What the heck is going on ?

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The MOD tells me that the Rendlesham Forest incident is a quarter century old and the case is closed.

Every time I mention Jim Penniston both seeing and touching the craft up close, they don't comment at all.

Apparently they don't think a UFO invading sensitive air space at a base which held nuclear weapons was any potential threat to national security either.

It's a big sham. Anyone who can't understand it by now is beyond ignorant.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The MOD tells me that the Rendlesham Forest incident is a quarter century old and the case is closed.

When you say "tells me" do you mean they personally tell you.

In other words have you investigated the case yourself ?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I guess this might have something to do with it, I have just discovered the author died on the 19th January 2008, my respects to her family.

Perhaps like an artists work publications only really start to appreciate after their authors death.

The book is out of print now but I hope they decide to reprint at some point if only for us poor folk who would like to know.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What amazed me the most about this case years ago was the recording Colonel Halt made in-situ.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Also for anyone that is audio challenged there is a transcript available at ufoevidence.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Here is an except:

Halt: O.K., we're looking at the thing, we're probably about 2 to 300 yards away, it looks like an eye winking at you. It's still moving from side to side, and when you put the starscope on it, it, it sort of has a hollow center, a, a, dark center. It's, It's, you know, like the pupil of an eye looking at you, winking. And the flash is so bright to the starscope that, a, it almost burns your eye.

Halt:We passed the Farmer's house and crossed into the next field, and now we have multiple sightings, of up to 5 lights with a similar shape and all. But they seem to be steady now, rather than a pulsating or glow with a red flash.

Halt:We just crossed the creek.

Soldier: Here we go, strong.

Halt:And, uh, we're getting what kind of readings now?

Soldier: Three clicks.

Halt: Three good clicks on the meter and we're seeing strange lights in the sky.

Halt: At 0244 we're at the far side of the Farmer's, second Farmer's field. And made sighting again, about 110 degrees. This looks like it's clear out to the coast, it's right on the horizon. Moves about a bit, and flashes from time to time. Still steady or __________ encounter. Also after negative readings in this other field, we're picking up, a, slight readings, a, 4 or 5 clicks now, on the meter.

Halt: 0305, we see strange strobe like flashes to the, rather sporadic but there's definitely something, some kind of phenomena.

Halt: 0305, at about 10 degrees horizon, directly North, we've got two strange objects, uh, half-moon shaped, dancing about colored lights on them. At, uh, what I would guess to be about 5 to 10 miles out, maybe less. The half-moons are now turning full circles. It's asthough there was an eclipse or something there for a minute or two.

Halt:0315, now we've got an object about 10 degrees directly South. 10 degrees off the horizon. And the ones to the North are moving. One's moving away from us.

Soldier: They're moving out fast!

Soldier: This one on the right is heading away too!

Halt: And they're both heading North. Here he comes from the South, he's heading toward us now. Now we're observing what appears to be a beam coming down to the ground. This is unreal.

Soldier: This one on the right is heading away too!

Halt: And they're both heading North. Here he comes from the South, he's heading toward us now. Now we're observing what appears to be a beam coming down to the ground. This is unreal.

Halt: 330, or 0330 and the objects are still in the sky although the one that's South looks like it's losing a little bit of altitude. We're turning around, heading back towards the base. The object to the, the object to the South is still beaming down lights to the ground.

Halt:0400 hours, one object still hovering over Woodbridge Base at about 5 to 10 degrees off the horizon, still moving erratic, and similar lights, and beaming down as earlier.

top topics

join