It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to Prove Time Travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think we could write letters to the future and get answers in a few minutes.

For example, write a letter on copper or gold and incase it in concrete with a opening lid so it is easily accessible and will be safe for a few thousand years.

On the letter ask the finders to leave a signature or some kind of marking on the letter that they are from the future.

Then bury the concrete incased letter in a well known popular place where it will be found far in the future when Time Travel may be possible.

Have the future finder respond to the letter on the date you placed it in the concrete incasement and buried it.

And if you bury it at 12:00 pm have them respond at 12:05 pm.

So if there are future Time Travelers you should get a response in 5 minutes.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Intersting idea. I like the logic in it but have some problems with it.
1/ If 'they' could travel back in time (or at least send an object back - IE your letter) why would they not have done so already?
2/ If they haven't already done so due to an issue of 'disturbing history' (the whole paradox thing) why would they change their mind just because of a letter?
3/ Some say you can only time travel as far back as the creation of the first 'time machine' If you leave your letter before the machine is built you wont get your responce until this time

I wont hog all the negatives. I will leave some spce for others. Looking forward to some possible answers.....

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It might be a good idea to bury the letter with something that emits sound and radio signals on a rotating amplitude and frequency schedule - that way those who may arrive in a neighboring dimension, slightly out of phase with our own, might be able to detect it and respond. If you bury your letter with the emitter you just might get your response before you write it.
If there is no response it might be their way of saying nothing at all thus getting no response could quite possibly be definite proof of Time Travelers appearance.

new topics

join