It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Attended Hate America Sermon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
newsmax.com...

Contrary to Senator Barack Obama’s claim that he never heard his pastor Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. preach hatred of America, Obama was in the pews last July 22 when the minister blamed the “white arrogance” of America’s Caucasian majority for the world’s suffering, especially the oppression of blacks.

Senator Obama has sought to separate himself from his pastor’s incendiary remarks, issuing a statement Friday rejecting them as “inflammatory and appalling” but failing to renounce Wright himself for his venomous and paranoid denunciations of America.

In his press release, Obama claimed, “The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity [United Church of Christ] or heard him utter in private conversation.”

Appearing on cable news shows this past weekend, Obama claimed when he saw recent videos that have Wright making such comments as “God damn America,” he was “shocked.” Obama implied that the reverend had not used such derogatory language in any of the church services Obama attended over the past two decades.

So do you believe that Obama lied when he claimed that he never attended any of Wright's "hate" sermons?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No, although I don't have any evidence to show it either way. My belief stems from a tendency of candidates to distance themselves from areas of controversy and seek moderation and maximum appeal.

This is standard operating procedure for campaigning and I'm sure he has some well paid folks advising him on how to handle the situation.

As for the Rev., I personally haven't seen anything I really am offended about or seen anger that is undue.

You'd think after generations (in the multitudes) of abuse, bigotry, and sadistic policies, people might still be a bit angry and mistrusting of the government that enabled or enforced such things.

40 years or so isn't nearly long enough to remove the centuries old stain of American culture and bigotry.

I endorse anger and indignation, I wish to foster it, and fuel it if I can. Indignation is the fuel of change, not moderation and pacification.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Obama is the type of person who refused to get low down and dirty when attacked by Clinton. Why would that be any different in this context ?

You can't just join the dots by inference to suggest otherwise.

Do I agree with everything my friends say?
...No

Do I know everything my friends say?
...No

Am I responsible for everything they do or say?
...No

Am I entitled to distance myself and say that has nothing to do with me?
... Of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have two words for you regarding Obama.
Tony Resko.
Please don't tell me Obama is above the corruption, etc, etc, etc.
The house and land he bought from Resko belies that fact. I wish I had someone that could have sold me a $600,000 piece of property for $100,000.
And as for the Rev. Wright, he wasn;'t just a friend. Obama had put him in charge of his campaign strategy.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Nobody's above corruption; however, some are more susceptible to it.

And Hillary and McCain are MUCH more so than Obama.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Nobody's above corruption; however, some are more susceptible to it.

That is probably true.
I think that's because Hillary and McCain have been in the Senate longer than Obama. Eventually, the allure of corruption gets most of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As part of Fair and Balanced Reporting, it seems that the original article had it's facts wrong:
www.nytimes.com...

By WILLIAM KRISTOL
Published: March 17, 2008

In this column, I cite a report that Sen. Obama had attended services at Trinity Church on July 22, 2007. The Obama campaign has provided information showing that Senator Obama did not attend Trinity that day. I regret the error.

NY Times-all the news that fits, and then some.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You know even if he did hear that, I have to defend Obama somewhat...

I don't always agree with what my preacher says on Sunday, but I don't leave the church because he says it...

I go to church to be in the presence of the Lord. Now it is my preachers "job" to lead me in the direction I should be going, but ultimately my personal responsibility to develop and maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, no matter what my preacher says...

Just sayin'

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
but this was no ordinary pastor of his church.

He states numerouse time's he is liek a UNCLE TO HIM....

Yet a man he call like a UNCLE.......
spew's out racial hatered.. and GD america...
Prove's obama is a lier..i never heard any of this before *snip*.

comon sense i knwo if my friend's are rasict's or not and so did he.
and if i cll a man liek a uncle i have known for 20+ year's as obama did with rev wright.....he knew that man was rasict...and hated america.

so obama saying i never knew he was like that...is basicly saying you *snip* will belive what ever i tell you.

sorry to say the man's lying threw his eye teeth. he knew he was rasict ect....

if he lie's about this he will lie about more than that.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Not only that, but Obama made him the spiritual adviser to his campaign. I can't see how anybody can call themselves Americans and vote for someone who listened to someone who hates America. He went for 20 years. Twenty years.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Not only that, but Obama made him the spiritual adviser to his campaign. I can't see how anybody can call themselves Americans and vote for someone who listened to someone who hates America. He went for 20 years. Twenty years.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What people NEED to realise that this jsut wasn't some guy that Barrack Huessain Obama heard Preach a few times...

HE has been attending this Church for 20 years!!!

HE let the man Marry him, and his wife.

HE apointed the Pator to be his Spiritual advisor.

After 20 years of hearing him preach.. he should have picked up something.. i mean come ON...

20 years, lets say he went only once per week... or so.... thats 50 weeks X 20 years... he may have heard this man Preach OVER 1000 times.... but did not have the ability to hear the Anti-American tone in his speaches...

Please... what Obama said today was a slap in the face of anyone that knew of the situaiton... I can only hope he is Outright lieing and not that daft...

I can't even get on him that much for being a Racisit(Pastor), after only glancing at the princeipals of the church, it was evident, that in ANY stardards, that the churh was a major house of Rasict whorship.. that only cared obout people that were black...This country has given the black comuntiy much leanancy in this reguard... let me rephrase that, this country allows EVERY OTHER group, other then whites, to be rasist... This point is no clearer shown by that of the 'Reverands' Jessie Jackson, and Al SHarpton.... both of whom i have had the displeasure of speaking with...

It is one thing for someone to preach hate against another race, we have seen this for ages, but it is an entire diffrent notion when you say....

"God DAMM America"

Barrack should be dead in the polls now...

But then again McCain should have been dead when he sponsered the 'Amestiy Bill Horror' last year with Feingold, and Kennedy...

So what do i know...

Mabye this will be a boost for him... mabye this episode brings out all the America Haters.. and they unite... behind the Anti-American President...

For the people that hate America, this is your man... if you wish to destroy the last reminates of the American way of life, this is your chance...

If Obamas Pastor speaks what you think, here is your man....

Obamas pastor is like an Anti-Semetic Jew.. it is just wroung...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So do you believe that Obama lied when he claimed that he never attended any of Wright's "hate" sermons?

Wow. All I know is, While a million racist SOB's were paying pay per view for watching girls in bikinis swoon over oiled up gay gays wrestling each other, our next President was in the Church he grew up in.

Wow. I kinda do want to vote McCain now. He only bombed his own own carrier and crashed 5 planes before giving up troop positions to save his fingernails.

I mean I want the most COMPROMISED crazy person that can't lift his bazillion year old arms in Office. Not a half black dude, that goes to CHURCH! Ugh.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I guess all you Obama groupies are now looking at each other with looks of confusion. Where's the new deal? Where's the great change?

He's got a wife that hates America, a Pastor that is a radical racist and he earmarks millions of dollars for his wifes hospital. He sounds like a smelly corrupt politican that will say anything to win. Same old song and dance. Nothing to get excited about. The groupies can go home now and watch American Idol.

new topics

top topics

join