It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Shot Friend, Video Game Blamed...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Aww....personally I love WoW. I met my partner on WoW. We play WoW and other games together all the time.

I grew up playing video games. My dad was a gamer and us kids just kind of followed suit. I have never had a violent impulse due to video games. That being said my dad discussed with us the implications of the violence we saw played out on our screens.

Today, some of the violence is extreme, I admit ( Gears of War anyone?). But is it any worse then some of the films you see? No.

The responsibility lies square on the shoulders of the parents.

It's easy for people to jump on the bandwagon of video games cause children to act out violently because then it absolves them.

The real reason is that parents do not have the time to raise their children anymore. They are too busy working their asses off to pay their mortgages.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Man i'm still sticking with my explanation that some people just lack anger management and are willing to go to the extreme. i don't think that Hitler played any video games right?

What about that Korean college student at Virginia Tech? I don't think that he played any video games.

Video games are scapegoats for illegal activity. It's sad how those politicians are focusing on banning video games when Iraq is a no man's zone and the economy is crippling.

<< 1  2   >>

join