It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Lilith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A question that has been plaguing me for a few days now.

The Adversary was created from light.
Adam and Lilith were created from Soil.
Eve was created from the Rib of Adam.

The Adversary refused to accept that one created from soil was equal to one created of light. Thus he was banished to live with those of soil, forever challenging them.

Lilith refused to bow to Adam, as she had been created equal. She was cast aside.

Eve and Adam had eaten from the tree of knowledge. They thus were cast from Eden, and had severed their direct connection with God.

Lilith, however, did not eat the forbidden fruit. What had supposedly happened to her?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Great question. I wish I had the answer for you. I will do some research on the 'net' and see if I can find out anything and then I'll post it back here.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I've done a bit of research on the 'net about Lilith over the last hour or so. I haven't been able to find out what happened to her. I've found that all three major religions, Jewish, Christian, and Islam all have tales of a Lilith type character in them. She is referred to in Isaiah 34:14. Lilith is even mentioned in Gilgamesh, a story from the Sumerian Empire. But in all that I've read or heard of about her, I have found nothing that tells of what her final fate was. Wish I could have been a better help on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gear

According to the National Catholic Reporter, Vol. 34, Issue. 43; "In ancient Jewish legend, Lilith was Adam's first wife. She was expelled from the Garden of Eden and in later tradition was regarded as a demon"

Also in a journal titled Judaism Vol. 43, Issue. 1, the abstract before a poem regarding Lilith descibes her history, "According to Jewish myth and legend, Lilith, Adam's first wife, would not submit to his domination. She took on the characteristics of a demon, developed wings, and flew about vowing vengeance for the treatment she had received at Adam's hands."

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Never studied Lilith a day in my life OP, but I can put two and two together and connect the dots.

There are two creation stories in Genesis.

One is of the physical creation and one is the spiritual creation. They are somewhat similar but have some different meanings regarding the reverse roles of spirit and flesh.

Here is my take.

Lilith must be the wife of Adam where Adam as man lived within Lilith as God or spirit, but when they both sinned, they were separated into a different appearance of man and woman in a physical and opposite sense, Adam and Eve, whereby Eve is made from a physical rib of Adam.

The Lilith version of creation, she would have been actually made from 1/2 of the spirit of God and then flesh covered over it to form a physical being.

At the last day, which is also the first day of the creation (the beginning and the end or Pandora's box), Eve birth's the spirit of man and it returns back to Lilith again and the garden is renewed.

Hope this makes sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gear

I think I married her.
sorry sorry, thats a joke. Lilith wasn't that evil.

Lilith I do believe is a myth, just about as much as the myth that two people would have enough genetic diversity to populate an entire planet. Really people think about it. Adam & Eve have Cain & Able (2 boys) Cain kills able cause god didn't like Cain's offering so he is the only boy left at this point. Who do you think that Cain had to procreate with?
Even if Adam & Eve had other children, still people it's all in the family time here.

Lilith has many legends associated with her. Some say that she raped Adam and beget some children for him. Others say that she became a demon, others show her vowing vengeance upon men and inhabits their dreams to drain their virility. Oh wait she might be my ex wife

new topics

top topics

join