It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 Tether Incident - Mystery solved! Breaking News!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ok....
This was interesting first it was ice particles, nasa said at first that they were very common....
Now it is dust particles... I think space needs a go over with a vacuum cleaner.

The thing is though i dont find either explanation valid on this.

If there is something that is infront of a camera in close proximity to the lens and you film something that is far away and also bright.
You should not get those shapes, further more dustparticles are not round

Filming something like this with two or more different objects claimed to be infront of the camera going against another very very far away object from the camera and passing by it seemingly going behind this tether thing, which is very bright, should make the dust particles look like black holes with a little glare around them.

Is this happening here? No

Remember that particles are less than 1mm in size....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Well typed Squiz! Concise and to the point. Lens artifacts, ice particles and various debris large and small, can easily be ruled out by checking out if it changes paths/orbit/direction...or speed, in my opinion. So, until a major collaboration of different scientists form a consortium and submit say a 4 hour DVD detailing each and every object's path in the video, it's speed and probable path, showing if it deviates from course and if it does not etc...I am still thinking there's enough evidence of some of these objects being under intelligent control, albeit human or alien. You lost me on the "vortex" thing though, if you would, please explain, ty.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh and one thing I did forget to mention, I am sure a lot of you watch "The Universe" series on the History Channel, I remember seeing an episode on there which addressed the problems of gravity and basic distance as far as us exploring other planets with live humans and one thing caught my attention...it talked about astronauts that go outside the space shuttle to perform various mechanical duties etc...and it was talking about space debris, dust, junk, broken satelites, just all kinds of debris as well as dust particles, rocks, etc whizzing around out there....

Well, this episode said that just a 1 cm particle of rock or dust or debris, if it hit an astronaut, outside the shuttle, in the chest, would feel like to him, a baseball, hitting him at 300 MPH in the chest.....which led me to think about the tether incident...if all of those things "swimming and swarming" around the tether are debris, dust, space junk and nothing else.... just THAT fact alone, that there was THAT much debris, how could the Space Shuttle, even come back to us whole? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi.

I have said this before,but to me these objects look almost biological!
The whole film clip is reminiscent of looking through a microscope at some sort of sample on a slide.

Who is to say that some kind of lifeform does'nt exist like this in space!
It is the ones that change direction,accelerate,and slow down that i find the most interesting,and these objects certainly look as if they have some sort of "will" of their own.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

And also if they were in close proximity to the camera, i think it would be unavoidable for some of that dust to hit the lens, and anyone would notice that

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

Exactly Balez,

Hit the camera, hit the astronauts outside the shuttle, heck, hit the space shuttle for example, say a golf-ball sized chunk of rock or a soccer ball-sized chunk hit the shuttle?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
dis info propaganda.

The video still shows that the object is unknown and being tracked. so Therefor this should reinforce the tether incident footage and make it more credible.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
No mystery solved... NASA has lied every time about anything usual, and there nothing different about this incident. Of course NASA is gonna say its dust, lens flares, balloons, ice crystals, and swamp gas... I wonder what NASA has to say about the footage of orbs appearing and disappearing right in front of the camera? They can't and won't...If we could get unfiltered and unedited footage of space activities we would find plenty of evidence, but unfortunately the footage we get goes through a sanitation called NASA..NASA is the one hiding it from all of us, so why would you believe anything they say about whats on the video?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202

Astronaut: "Well the long line is the tether um and there is a little bit of debris that ah kind of flies with us - and it's illuminated by the sun...."

Well there you have it! It's debris which is iluminated by the sun, causing it to reflect the light (it now looks like a lightsource) and if that debris is now out of focus, the light it reflects will look like the one in the video I posted.

Mystery solved!

Ahh because we all know that if it were something else, they would have said so..

Astronaut: "Well the long line is the tether um and there are a lot of alien craft and space dwelling life forms floating around that kinda follow us - and they're self illuminating ...."

Excellent work !

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

LOL!

You deserve a star for that one

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
Ok....
This was interesting first it was ice particles, nasa said at first that they were very common....
Now it is dust particles... I think space needs a go over with a vacuum cleaner.

And space being a vacuum... wouldnt that .. would space... Umm..

oO

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Ok....

And space being a vacuum... wouldnt that .. would space... Umm..

oO

Yes yes i know, i was trying to be funny so funny ... failed miserably...

But still, NASA's excuses continue to change i guess....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yeah, im not going to repeat all the facts why the tether thing has nothing to do with UFOs, because some people are just too stubborn.

But tell me one thing.

If what we are seeing are discs of some kind, why are all of them aligned in the same way, why does it look like we are watching them from above? Every single one! If those were really disks, dont you think that we would see some of them tilted, a profile here and there, and so on...

Thats probably the best explanation as to why those were not disks, simply out of focus particles.

Or maybe they have some sort of energy plasma vibrating shield which makes them kinda transparent and orb-like

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007

If what we are seeing are discs of some kind, why are all of them aligned in the same way, why does it look like we are watching them from above? Every single one! If those were really disks, dont you think that we would see some of them tilted, a profile here and there, and so on...

Thats probably the best explanation as to why those were not disks, simply out of focus particles.

Or maybe they have some sort of energy plasma vibrating shield which makes them kinda transparent and orb-like

I've also been thinking about that...
But look at the tether (if you see the entire clip) you see that it also expands like seeing it from above, explained as electrostatic discharge or something if remember correctly.

But i could remember it wrong

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

One also appears out of nowhere.

The objects have a distinct vortex pulsing through them.

If on side of the debris would be relfective and the other wouldn't, you wouldn't see the debris if the non-reflective side would be turned towards the camera but once it rotates to it's reflecting side, it would start reflecting light making it look like it appeard out of nowhere.

The pulsing can be explained by the rotation of the debris.

And like some other members said, why do we only see the UFOs from 'the top' ? (if those a really UFOs and if thats their top)

I've watched the video over and over and over again and I must be either blind or we're talking about different footage but I didn't see any 'UFO' pass INFRONT of the tether.
If they really were UFOs I think atleast a few would pass INFRONT of the tether, so I still think that it only looks like those things are going behind the tether while they're actually going infront of the tether.

As for those things changing direction, well maybe the collided with other space debris that we cannot see because it is not reflective, this would explain how those 'UFOs' could change their direction and/or speed.

did I miss something?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think this little video was quite good

It shows an objects course around the tether

Ofcourse it could have been a piece of junk hit by other pieces of junk....

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You lost me on the "vortex" thing though, if you would, please explain,

Thanx for the comments LateApexer, The you tube versions really doesn't do it justice, the vortex, this spiral pattern seen below pulses through some of the clearer ones moving from the extremities to converge at the centre over 3 or 4 frames repeatedly.

Originally posted by redshirt0202
If on side of the debris would be relfective and the other wouldn't, you wouldn't see the debris if the non-reflective side would be turned towards the camera but once it rotates to it's reflecting side, it would start reflecting light making it look like it appeard out of nowhere.

Then it should disappear again as it continues rotating, it doesn't. Similar objects in other NASA clips also show this sudden appearance.

The pulsing can be explained by the rotation of the debris.

Really? if your able to see a high res version you'll see what I'm talking about, it's more than just pulsating. it's a vortex.

Someone still has to explain how some dust/ice can change direction in space independently of the others, this is the simplest and most difficult observation for the debris explanation to overcome.

And no I don't think they are flying saucers in the traditional sense, acknowledging that the tether, appearing as it does to be much thicker by many magnitudes (most likely ionization) could it be that the objects are incurring the same effect? I think so, at the very least I would say that we are not seeing their true shape and they most likely are not solid at all.
I'm open to valid explanations but debris close to the lens just don't cut it.
In the clip provided in the OP the object is a star or planet, can the same effect be replicated with an object close to the lens as NASA claims? serious question btw.
Then all we have to do is explain the movement, the vortex the pulsating etc.. You can see clips with debris floating around, it doesn't look like this sort of thing. Hey it may not be alien but it is a mystery.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by squiz]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Then it should disappear again as it continues rotating, it doesn't. Similar objects in other NASA clips also show this sudden appearance.

Who's to say it rotates quickly? Maybe it makes one whole rotation around it's own axis every 5 minutes or so, which would explain 'UFOs' coming out of nowhere and then disappearing again after a while.

In the clip provided in the OP the object is a star or planet, can the same effect be replicated with an object close to the lens as NASA claims? serious question btw.

This I don't know either. I'll see if I can find something.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by redshirt0202]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Hit the nail on the head

(long post but bare with me)

"A 1999 study estimated there are some 4 million pounds of space junk in low-Earth orbit, just one part of a celestial sea of roughly 110,000 objects larger than 1 centimeter -- each big enough to damage a satellite or space-based telescope."

110,000 objects larger than 1 centimeter.

And yet we have hundreds maybe thousands of objects in the same view. Showing one small area of Low Earth Orbit (LEO). And by judging the size against the tether (and the fact they go behind it) these things are much bigger than 1 Centimeter.

"Some of the objects, baseball-sized and bigger, could threaten the lives of astronauts in a space shuttle or the International Space Station. As an example of the hazard, a tiny speck of paint from a satellite once dug a pit in a space shuttle window nearly a quarter-inch wide."

Source:
SPACE.com

Now a space shuttle window isn't your average double glazing.

"The six platform-shaped forward windows are the thickest pieces of glass ever produced in the optical quality for see-through viewing. Each consists of three individual panes."

Innermost Pane: 0.625 of an inch thick

Center Pane: 1.3 inches thick

Outer Pane: 0.625 of an inch thick

IMO these facts alone are more than enough proof that what we are seeing is NOT debris.

/rich

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yes yes i know, i was trying to be funny so funny ... failed miserably...

But still, NASA's excuses continue to change i guess....

I thought you didn't mean it in a humorous way, and when i thought of it along the lines of a "vacuum cleaner for space" I laughed.. A vacuum for a vacuum - The hoover for nasty spots. Guaranteed coverups no questions asked..

lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join