It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 Tether Incident - Mystery solved! Breaking News!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

Repost of his interview:

... The 'toilet flush' you mentioned was actually a supply of waste water dump that we
periodically have to do. The fuel cell and waste water are stored in tanks, and when those tanks get full they get dumped through the nozzles overboard. The water freezes as it is dumped and makes a huge
cloud of 'snow'. We typically dump the retrograde to allow orbital dynamics to help dissipate the cloud away from the orbiter, but there is always a portion that stays with us since the cloud expands very rapidly in all directions when it hits a vacuum. It is not unusual to have a cloud of ice crystals around the orbiter at a variety of
distances for several days after dumps. As much as I would like to think some type of UFO was around, the fact is there was not anything up there that we did not understand.

Thanks nablator. As someone else pointed out, the orbital corrections make this a little difficult to believe, though debris could remain roughly in same orbit but more spread out. The more spread out, though, the more difficult to explain how it can be seen at all.

More problematic is that it still doesn't explain relative movement in mutliple directions and it doesn't explain changes in direction and velocity.

Still it could be debris.

Lately, I've been far more intereste in how on earth we're supposed to see a tether

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 987931

Self-illuminated? Well not according to Oberg.

Well according to the NASA issued report THEY say it was still generating plasma glow until it crossed the terminator and was no longer in sunlight...

That fact alone is VERY interesting, as it indicates that the electricity they were hoping to tap into is not reliant only on the magnetosphere of Earth, but effected by the solar radiation... Perhaps THIS is what caused the unexpected overload

I am sure Mr Furry will perk up at this

In the video Mission controls specifically states that what they are seeing is WIDER THAN EXPECTED... another thing the skeptics ignore...

But thanks for posting the reflective ability of a thin strand of copper

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.projectprove.com...

This view from the docking ring camera, aboard another Shuttle flight during rendezvous with ISSy, shows us the International Space Station passing IN FRONT OF the cross hairs! No, not really. The staion is not passing before the cross hairs; this is an optical illusion created by the camera itself.

Randy

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What is interesting about the video is the pulsing of the ufo's.I would agree that a spinning piece of debre reflecting light could have an outward spiral but when you watch sereda's video he shows a pulse coming inwards also.A reflection of light would'nt behave like that.Dissinformation I wonder.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I wonder if the critters are pissed off at all that space junque we leave floating around up there

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
See this post....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So the upshot, nablator, Balez, WFA, and WG3, is no one really knows, right?

You can guess, but it can never be pinned down.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Look, I read dozens of posts, and it seemed to be skirting one of the most obvious elements of this video: the size of the object that appears later in the film, being a scaled-up version of many of the smaller "debris" around the tether.
This object clearly demonstrates that it is behind the tether. The tether is 12 miles long. A minimum size for this object basically has to be 3 miles in diameter.
Even if you were to argue that it is in a massive discharge phase - static, magnetic, whichever method - that still wouldn't be able to logically reduce its size to anything under 2 miles in diameter.
Now, what could this possibly be? Is this really so easily explainable? A trick of the camera? What trick? Have you reproduced this effect, complete with the black hole in the middle and a strange notch on one side? Along with the very-rapid spinning nature of the object as revealed by careful analysis?

What the HELL kind of camera effect can produce this? WHAT IS THIS OBJECT.

Richard W, Portland, OR
[email protected]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I know that STS-75 was well explained here or there. Particles of space debris around the shuttle, and some optical artifacts.
On this topic, some guys very well explained different aspects: orbital trajectories, forces involved etc etc.
David Sereda just speculates all sort of basic physics in his documentary.

I just like to add my own little experiment, showing how little defocused particles near the lens camera, may appear to be behind distant tethers. This is one constantly quoted phenomenon on dismissing the little particle theory by many people, and Sereda himself: "look, it passes behind the tether, they are huge, miles in diameter!" "you have to be moron to think that those disc may be in front of the tether" - Sereda says.
Or not?

The movie is self-explanatory:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by depthoffield
The movie is self-explanatory:

Sir, you're a man after my own heart. I love experiments that get at the truth. I've conducted several myself on subjects discussed on ATS. It's an excellent movie and congratulations on your experimental results. It's refreshing when someone actually bothers to conduct an experiment to test the theory and provide empirical evidence on the truth of the matter. Far better than all the armchair theorists putting up wild ideas that lack any scientific basis and even less understanding of the physics. I assume you posted it to YouTube? This ought to help people make up their own minds on STS-75, rather than being brainwashed by Mr Serada's gobbledegook. Unfortunately, it won't.

WG3

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The tether video amazed me the first time I saw it (on Google Video with great quality). It was confirmation at last! I watched it maybe 3 or 4 times back to back. After a while my natural skepticism was provoked by the way the objects moved in a straight line. I watched again and focused on one object at a time. One direction, straight lines. Intelligently propelled craft were ruled out. Some bizarre vacuum/space bug life was ruled out, again due to straight direction of motion.

This left some kind of debris that had gravitated to the shuttle and was simply orbiting the shuttle. The only direction in space is forward etc. It made more sense than space having more life than a petri dish under a microscope.
Even if the popular contention that UFOs surround Earth is accepted, I doubt they envisage that level of activity.

Depthoffield, ArMap and others have demonstrated all the ways the footage can be explained; not 'explained away', but actually explained. Well done guys

The STS-80 footage is (embarrassingly) new to me, but very intriguing. Has it been explained? I've had the same sense of wonder I had with STS- 75 video first time around. I'm gonna check out the ATS threads and google the fella. Also going to S&F the thread for being interesting and informative via the replies.

Thanks everyone

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202

Astronaut: "Well the long line is the tether um and there is a little bit of debris that ah kind of flies with us - and it's illuminated by the sun...."

Well there you have it! It's debris which is iluminated by the sun, causing it to reflect the light (it now looks like a lightsource) and if that debris is now out of focus, the light it reflects will look like the one in the video I posted.

Mystery solved!

My feelings exactly

debris nothing more.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan

Originally posted by The Lizard King
They couldn't have been airy disk lense artifacts because the pass BEHIND the tether. Articles of the lense, lense flares, or airy disks, whatever you want to call them, would not pass BEHIND the tether.

I agree. Someone explain this? If those were lens artefacts, how the heck can they show up behind the tether? This alone, if true, proves the theory wrong.

Digital filter programs that are within the camera can select to "hold onto" an image and put the interference behind the main subject.

Do I think that there are objects that are clearly unidentified? Absolutely. And I don't think that the OP's claim of solving the mystery is applicable, however by nature I am very critical of digital imagery. Software can be manipulated and artifacts can be made that appear as genuine objects.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
.......... I assume you posted it to YouTube? This ought to help people make up their own minds on STS-75, rather than being brainwashed by Mr Serada's gobbledegook. Unfortunately, it won't.

thanks for the laudative words. Regarding above quote, of course it is unfortunately, because saying about basic or technical trivial facts to people who don't understand them is something boring for them, in opposition with extraordinary claims which are cool and mind smashing and thrilling.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Depthoffield, ArMap and others have demonstrated all the ways the footage can be explained; not 'explained away', but actually explained. Well done guys

In fact this was my only one post on ATS regarding Tether incident, and i've not demostrating a lot, just that "behind the tether appearance" is just an illusion, and we not have to be morons because Sereda says so in his documentary (con-man work)
Other people here argumented multiple aspects of the tether incident. It is their work. I don't know many names, because i am new here, and i've fully read about a year ago some topics here regarding Tether incident and don't remind any name. But I think, one disadvantage of the forums, is that, unless being sticky, the topics usually goes in oblivion even if they contain good value.

[edit on 11/1/09 by depthoffield]

[edit on 11/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There is always "something more". Reductionist methodology will shut down your mind to other possibilities. Its an alien environment. It cannot be defined by a single footage, or it becomes generalization.

The jury is still out no matter what anyone else says. We still havn't considered radiation pressure, field effects, changes of state, and all that I have not mentioned. So, no, neither you nor anyone else knows exactly what it is or why it behaves the way it does.

I am stamping this as case status:unknown

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redshirt0202

1. If that was dust particles, how on earth did they manage to film dust 80-90 miles away? That's cuz these are 2-3 notical miles wide dust particles.
2. If that was ice crystals, I never seen ice crystals pulsate, appear and accelerate. Some fancy ice crystals there.
3. And why is the fotage black & white? That's cuz NASA is using a special camera that is sensitive in the far & near ultra violet spectrum. These objects cant be seen in normal light spectum.

The sad part is that we have stumbled on real evidence of ETV & all we can do is say star like things, dust particles, ice crystals or debris that flies with us.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
this is a good video here

it's easy to see some of the crittters go behind the tether

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this is a good video here
it's easy to see some of the crittters go behind the tether

It's very easy to be fooled by optical ilusions.
like here:

this sequence is extracted from here:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

yes you can show some out of context examples that prove something goes in front but the tether video in my opinion is proof that something did go behind the tether

also none of the examples you post have the pulsating effect

correct me if i am wrong

why do you want to ignore the obvious ?

and why keep posting the same video over and over ?

i can see your video a few posts above the one you just posted again.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by easynow]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by redshirt0202

Oh? Tether Incident mystery solved? Then what do you say about this incident on the NASA Control Room screen? Notice the object? And no one there seems to care a damn!! Because for NASA, UFOs ain't no big deal!!

UFO/amoeba-like object on NASA control Room screen! Similar to the pulsating objects in the ‘tether incident’

Cheers!

Good video Mikesingh

that is the clincher right there.

you can see the giant critter and debri floating by at the same time !

i would like to put a Giant Fishing hook on the end of the tether and catch one of those , might be more fun than grouper fishing ? hmm..

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join