It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the big bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hi all had an idea which i was hoping for some feedback
I know many talk about the big bang and if it is what really happened then what was before the big bang.

Well I started thinking of the internet and cyberspace in general, i foresee that one day the internet will be similar to our universe but in a digital realm. There will be AI , we will play virtual game in this digital universe and so forth , now let say the AI in this digital universe had the same question, they would see the turning on of the internet as their big bang , they would not know what was before it cause there was nothing before it in their digital realm only a before in the parent reality (our reality)

Couldn’t we say that this could explain what was before our big bang the turning on of this universe by a parent reality ?. Perhaps what we call artificial is incorrect perhaps we should use the term sub reality or child reality rather than artificial , who are we to say that our infant digital reality will not become a fully blown universe which eventually gives birth to its child reality ?

What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How about the idea that if the big bang theory is correct, then the expansion of the universe is just one half of its cylcle, and when its expanded as much as it can (or will), it contracts into the 'big crunch' thus completeing the other half of a cycle. Meaning that the universe has no creation or destruction an is infact infinate.

I am not saying this is what I believe, and I have no science or quotes to back it up, simply just an idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Let us assume the "big bang" theory is actually sound, I don't think it is so much, but let us assume it is.

Scientists on this little tiny orb in this big space assumes a "big bang" because of a light wall they can not see past and thus they assume that is the distance in time where the big bang happened.

Who's to say there is not something outside that light wall? Who's to say we are not just a universe floating in another system that is part of a bigger universe?

Mankind has the bad habbit of trying to fill in the Holes of understanding with Junk as long as it fits their theory.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whenever this topic about the big band comes to be I always remember this notion by a Heretic called Menochio that in the 16th century dared to express what may have been the earliest views of the big band and was burned at the stake for been a treat to the Church.

Creation: All was Chaos, and out that bulk a mass formed, just as cheese is made out of milk, and worms appeared in it, and these were the angels, and among that number of angels, there was also God, he too having been created out of that mass at the time.

Crude but interesting

peluche.scrapping.cc...

[edit on 17-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I agree Incarnated. I think if we don't know then we theorize or fill in the holes like you said. Things change in time and so does science. We are all the time finding out that this theory and that theory are incorrect and for the longest time it was known as the truth or the best possibility. The big bang theory is all it is, a theory. Some say that God said it and bang it was, while others go with evolution and science. I say why worry about it, I think it's to big to comprehend.

[edit on 3/17/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouldy crumpet
Couldn’t we say that this could explain what was before our big bang the turning on of this universe by a parent reality?

The usual flaw in trying to understand what happened before the big bang is to assume that time always flows in the same direction (or that it has any direction at all). It's probably more accurate to think of time as a multi-dimensional recursive loop that expands at the same time it spins back into itself. So there really is no specific point in time at which the big bang happened. More like it has always happened, it's always happening, and it will always happen.

What "turned on" the universe was the consciousness of a living thing. A point of view. Which then also spun in all directions through time, creating itself and reality along with it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
if atoms are made up of mostly empty space, then can we even say we have a physical universe?

Its much easier to fathom infinity without the constraint of the material illusion.

We need things to seem physical to navigate the illusion and create names for particular parts of the fractal from the different perspectives of it.
If science has proven that even the smallest particles are made of empty space and energy; what makes anyone think that our fractal explosion(big bang) did not come from another fractal?
as above so below?
I dont know what I was trying to say, but think about it, there had to be some sort of WILL and INTENT for any sort of creation to exist. Even if life never existed in the entire universe and it was all rocks and dust, that still takes a heck of a lot of intelligence and motivation to even lay out the first most basic foundation of ANYTHING that would allow for the growth of rock formations or crystals, gravity, time or whatever.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
I dont know what I was trying to say, but think about it, there had to be some sort of WILL and INTENT for any sort of creation to exist.

I think it's pretty well accepted at this point that at least on a quantum level (and presumably moving up through there), it's not possible to remove the observer from the equation. If we are not here to experience the universe, either individually or as a consensus, then we can't say for certain that it exists in anything but a huge number of possible virtual states.

I know of no good proof that shows the universe would exist or continue to exist if there was nobody or nothing around to live in it

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

good point! So its like there is only really one consciousness which thinks reality into existence, and creates parts of its idea that can be conscious too, but from within the grounds of the idea; from the inside out rather than the outside in?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I like the idea that if the big bang was true, that in the big mass that was created out of nothing or just the right cir#ances intelligence was part of it, because without and intelligence sprouting out of the mass it could no be harmony.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi
How about the idea that if the big bang theory is correct, then the expansion of the universe is just one half of its cylcle, and when its expanded as much as it can (or will), it contracts into the 'big crunch' thus completeing the other half of a cycle. Meaning that the universe has no creation or destruction an is infact infinate.

I am not saying this is what I believe, and I have no science or quotes to back it up, simply just an idea.

I also thought of this, some time ago. I fact it will be clever in the sense that as the big crunch occur, nothing, absolutely nothing will remains or be pass to other civilizations, a clean start each time.

Except, I read that instead of slowing down, the expansion is speeding up, and I also read that there is not enough matter or attraction to stop that expansion.

So the universe will expand until everything is so spread out, until all star vanish, until it get completely dark and cold.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree the expansion of the universe is ongoing even today, so since the beginning of the universe as by the theory we have not stop expanding.

This was discovered since the 1920s with the Hubble's law that galaxies move away and that the universe at one point was compact and now is expanding.

www.big-bang-theory.com...

Sometimes in the pursue of evolution and creationism we forget that the Universe is all part of the enigma.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree the expansion of the universe is ongoing even today, so since the beginning of the universe as by the theory we have not stop expanding.

This was discovered since the 1920s with the Hubble's law that galaxies move away and that the universe at one point was compact and now is expanding.

www.big-bang-theory.com...

Sometimes in the pursue of evolution and creationism we forget that the Universe is all part of the enigma.

If you have an initial explosion, you expect the expansion to continue, but eventually slow down.

But the strange thing is, they discovered that instead of slowing down, it is speeding up (like there an hidden force acting here).

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
good point! So its like there is only really one consciousness which thinks reality into existence, and creates parts of its idea that can be conscious too, but from within the grounds of the idea; from the inside out rather than the outside in?

Possibly in the same way all the individual living cells in your body work together to allow your existence. A cell in my finger isn't aware and can't comprehend what I'm all about, but I know there's a cell there, even though I can't really see things from its point of view, either. And if I die, then that cell is going to die, too.

All of this, then, working on multiple dimensions and backwards, forwards and sideways in spacetime. That's my guess. How would you test such a thing?

top topics

join