It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange figure in my photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm hoping that someone here could possibly have an explantaion as to what the figure might be in my photo. I'm not sure what it could be but I'm 100% certain there was nobody behind me at the time the pic was taken. The photo was taken a few days ago outside the Theatre Royal in Newcastle, England. Looking back over my pics I only just noticed it.

Here's my photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks like another person who was moving at the time the picture was snapped. I don't see anything paranormal about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Id would have to say that you just didnt notice him when you took the photo.

They can be quite sneaky them young Geordies you know

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thanks for replying. My friend who took the picture also says there was nobody behind us but as certain as we are, we could both be wrong. It scared me a little when I first saw it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It looks like someone turning around to look at you and Ms casey

Did you notice if anyone else was there when you walked to where the pic was taken?

It does look normal though ..

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm not so sure either.. looks like someone moving or turning around quick or trying to get out of your picture.. lol
but the girl on the left is cute! lol sorry.. someone had to say it. hehe

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To me it looks like there was a person walking by. it looks like the realized they were in the shot so they turned and tried to run out of the way creating the effect you see in your pic. Plus the fact that you arent really that sure if there was some one behind you or not. Were there other people in the area? If so it is possible that they walked behind you with out the two of you noticing.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
To me it looks like there was a person walking by. it looks like the realized they were in the shot so they turned and tried to run out of the way creating the effect you see in your pic. Plus the fact that you arent really that sure if there was some one behind you or not. Were there other people in the area? If so it is possible that they walked behind you with out the two of you noticing.

It is possible that someone could have been behind us, but it only took a second to take that pic and I would have seen the person. The street the pic was taken on is really quiet and there wasn't anyone else there at the time. That and my friend who took the picture told me he didn't see anyone when he was facing toward us.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Looks like another person who was moving at the time the picture was snapped. I don't see anything paranormal about it.

I would say that it's either a blurry person passing behind, or a damned and tormented spirit reaching out from beyond the veil of death to warn of impending doom. It's a toss-up.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A camera exposes film or a target to record an image through the lens at a given rate of speed according to light conditions and film/target type.

The light around us is alowed to move through the lens at a over a given time.

This can cause bluring if the shutter speed, on the lens, is slower then the objects moving around the range field of the camera target.

The flash burns an image "moment" onto the target of the camera, but the movement in the background is captured.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leona88

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

It is possible that someone could have been behind us, but it only took a second to take that pic and I would have seen the person. The street the pic was taken on is really quiet and there wasn't anyone else there at the time. That and my friend who took the picture told me he didn't see anyone when he was facing toward us.

Hmmm... Well I dont really know what to say then. My gut tells me that there is nothing paranormal about it, but then again I am only human, I can be wrong. Infact it is VERY possible that I am wrong and it is a ghost. It just looks to me like a typical photo with a person quickly walking into the frame than turning and running out of frame.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That is crazy. It looks and feels paranormal to me. I got a chill looking at it!

By the way, it appears to be looking at you, except half the face is gone.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Brain2100cc]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brain2100cc
That is crazy. It looks and feels paranormal to me. I got a chill looking at it!

By the way, it appears to be looking at you, except half the face is gone.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Brain2100cc]

Hmmm... I dont find it crazy at all.I dont know much about photography but I do know a little. I challenge anyone with a camera that allows you to adjust the shutter speed to Try this: Slow down the shutter speed( I really dont know what would be an appropriate speed) have some one stand in one spot but tell them to move around some. If done correctly you will see an effect similar to the figure in the background of the picture in question. Try it. See what happens. It should be fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think it is a person. Whenever I use the auto focus on my camera the background is blurry and the foreground is clear. I get a similar effect.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like maybe someone was stepping out of the shop/flat behind you,and was turning as they shut the door and walked off.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Definatly a person caught in the motionblur of taking a snap....besides, how many ghosts do you know that wear a brown leather jacket?

As for an explination as to why you possibly didnt notice a person walking behind you....

visit this link and follow the instructions carefully to observe how selective your brain can be.
hvattum.net...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hmm.. at first I thought it looks just like someone got in the shot but.. the time stamp looks the same as on my old SE K750i camera phone. If that is the camera that was used the guy must have been moving very quickly to cause that blurring effect as i have loads of photo's with people moving around in the background and that hasn't happened.

Also, there doesn't seem to be an open doorway or anything for a person to be in that position for and if he was opening or shutting the shutter on the shop front, they would have known someone was there.

You are usually aware of people in the background if you're taking a photo, especially if there are few people around so the fact that the photographer says he didn't see anyone is a bit strange.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It says your shutter speed was 1/8 of a second in the EXIF data, which is actually a long time. So, like the general consensus here, I'm going to go with it being a person in motion.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Also, there doesn't seem to be an open doorway or anything for a person to be in that position for and if he was opening or shutting the shutter on the shop front, they would have known someone was there.

It looks like there is a steel roll down type of door that is used for stores there. The figure in the picture is in the correct position to be unlocking the door.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
slow shutter speed will cause this effect if there is any movement at all. Seems to me the kid was walking and the slow shutter speed picked up his range of movement. This will create that ghostly effect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join