It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does God STILL care about Jews??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Why did Jesus appear as a JEW?

There are many reasons why Jesus appeared as a Jew, but one that springs to mind is that of prophecy. In order for Jesus to be the Messiah he had to be a descendent of King David (a Jew), which is fulfilled genetically through Mary and legally through his earthly father Joseph. We get these from the lineages in the Gospels.

In regards to the main question, God still cares for the Jews but the thing is the Jews don�t care about God. The bible said that the Jews would reject their Messiah, which they have. So basically the gist of it all is that on the day of Pentecost God turned his grace to the gentiles (non-Jews), as opposed to how it happened in the Old Testament. During the tribulation of the end times God will return his focus to the Jews (ie. the 144,000 of Revelations) and return to His Old Testament self, by that I mean lots of wrath and fire works.

This is only an extremely short run down on this topic; I certainly can�t do the subject justice in a few lines. But the bible deals quite extensively on the subject of the Jews.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
thats what i thought also, untill i learned deeper of the jews.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
God always has, and always will care about the jews. Keep in mind, the 'gentiles' were his second choice. this means that these 'holy men' who run the catholic church are just there by default since the jews rejected god's blessing all those years ago. God is a very patient entity, though, so I'm sure that he still loves and cares for the jews, since they are his chosen people, and he favors them above all. In fact, I'd wager that if the jews were to embrace jesus, the catholic church would start to mean alot less. not that it isn't already worthless in my eyes anyway.

I used to be a religious person, but I have since been disilussioned with the entire idea of god, and all that junk. I am now me. And I'm seriously researching norse paganism...but still, no decisions on religion until I'm good and ready.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I DID NOT DELETE EM LOL...

I AM NOT JEWISH ALSO...

JESUS APPEARED AS A JEW AND THEN HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE A NEW RELIGION!!! LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I AGREE WITH U ALL...

I DONT HATE THE JEWS OR WHATEVER I JUST WANNA KNOW CAUSE THIS IS A KOOL QUESTION

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
??...well, the story line is that the God of the Hebrews,

made a 'covenant' with that group of people-->

'they' would be monotheistic and he in turn would
bless them & their seed for the rest of creation reality...

the rejected messiah was not a disqualifier of that covenant...but a necessary function of someone, in
this case the Jewish population (in Judea) under subjucation of the Roman Empire..(where is Vatican?)

so. IMHO, the pagan/gentiles/romans of those times,
did not 'inherit' anything from the Hebrew/Israel/Jew
monotheist GOD.....
Christianity etc, was usurped, the myth embellished by
diabolical men...especially when Constantine merged
the pagan & christian communities....politics & religion=beast....

enjoy the amusement rides,
admission is free->
its getting out when a price is exacted !!!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
This is problably a REALLY stupid question but it does make a little sense. In the Bible God saved the Jews from slavery right??? Yes. He must of really loved them to go 2 all that trouble to free them. When Hitler did all that very BAD things to the Jews during most of our lifetimes, what trouble did God do to help them??? I am a Christian and I DO believe in God. I hope He forgives me for writing this mean stuff about Him. I just wanna know why did He help the Jews back then and NOT now???

What makes you think God is not helping them now?

These people have been able to keep their language, culture, religion and identity alive through two thousand years of Diaspora. They have survived and prospered through centuries of institutionalized discrimination often culminating in slaughter. They offer the world advances is science and medicine way out of proportion to their population. And don�t forget Israel, the Jewish state that within 24 hours of it�s independence was faced with the invasion of the armies of five nations, and won!

God�s covenant with Abraham wasn�t a ticket to an easy ride. Remember, God made that covenant and within just a few generations the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt. Serving God has its rewards, but if you get an easy life out of it, it�s incidental.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
also some good reading: "the protocols of the learned elders of zion"

OMG..you fuc*in moron....You should know by now that the "the protocols of the learned elders of zion" is complete BS...dont make me break out the evidence man..cause that is some BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
you cant even talk to me.

go back to your "jesus was black" crap.

one member said it best when he said.

"UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THEM, SHUT THE F*** UP"

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
also some good reading: "the protocols of the learned elders of zion"

OMG..you fuc*in moron....You should know by now that the "the protocols of the learned elders of zion" is complete BS...dont make me break out the evidence man..cause that is some BS.

YOU COULD NEVER COMPREHEND THE PROTOCOLS TO BEGIN WITH, YET YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN DISPROVE THEM?

FIRST READ THEM, THEN COMMENT, UNTILL THEN, STFU

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Ashlar]

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
God first of all judges each of us individually.

But let me ask you this?

Why did Jesus appear as a JEW?

God doesn't judge
Where did humans get this silly idea of judging? We ARE God. God is ALL that is. Judging is assuming something is bad or good or evil or nice or pretty or sad or happy... but God is ALL those things. We're part of the ALL aren't we?

We judge each other CONSTANTLY, and take it upon ourselves to "punish" other humans, as we play the role of "God". We assume knowledge of what we think God SHOULD be doing, and for us he acts too slowly so we also assume the role of "executioner for God". We seem to be in a rush to eliminate all our "enemies", which just somehow happen to be ourselves. We're chasing our own tail.

Judgement is a human concept. If you are the body, and certain individual CELLS of your body come into conflict, do you suddenly JUDGE them or something? Does any cell of your body "wrong" or "bad"? Once again, human subjective concepts. Must think outside the box...

And I'm not talking to you Neo specifically, I'm talking to everyone. Why the shallow thinking?

Does God like the Jews? Does God hate evil? Does god do this... do that... blah blah. 3rd density level thinking, very restricted and boxed in concepts. Very subjective and relative interpretations of the limitless.

We are trying to squeeze an ocean into a cup. Why not expand the CUP to fit around the ocean? Open thy minds, humans

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
interesting concepts lilblam, do you belong to any religion?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
interesting concepts lilblam, do you belong to any religion?

Religions are very restrictive and dogmatic aren't they? They assume the role of "teacher" and try to impose BELIEFS upon people. Belief is once again an ignorant concept all together. Belief is a conviction that some assumption is true simply because you want it to be true. One cannot argue with a "believer" since the believer will use "faith" instead of logic, and it is absolutely pointless.

Religion is a replacement for what could be knowledge. Religion takes your hopes and insecurities, wraps them in a nice package, and presents them to you with promises of either damnation or salvation, depending on whether you believe the package or not. This is blackmail, and only works on a weak, closed, FEARFUL mind.

Knowledge is all one needs, and ritualistic, dogmatic.. and most of all.. simplistic views of reality restrict knowledge severely. Reality is INFINITELY complex, there is no LIMIT to what is possible, until YOU set a limit.

EDIT: on that note, good night

But think about this, only ignorance and fear would cause one to set a limit if there really is none.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Lilblam,

but God does judge you my friend.

he decides when you are ready to sit at his side, is that not judging?

you know what I mean.

you also know partly why Jesus appeared as a Jew. You know about the special role that Jews are to play in future and why Christ was concerned that they would see it through.

You also know that when his pleadings fell on more and more deaf ears that he turned to the gentiles as the new saviours of mankind.

will they be?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I suppose, there still existing, a few decent Jews that their G-D continues to look over them....

But it's those atheist ZioNazi's bullies that I doubt that he loves. While, these "types" were once sent to wonder the desert for 40 years, I doubt that anything short of FEDEX'ing them straight to hell would be acceptable to the decent Torah Jews.

These next few days - as the World Court @ The Hague litigates the abuses and extortions the LIKUDNIK killers are visiting upon the downtrodden Palestinian's with their "illegal" SECURITY FENCE is a time when the world's eyes are on Zionist Israel and the other "evil Twin" the US, that looks the other way as long as the carnage is on the Palestinian's side.

TheAZCowBoy
Tombstone, AZ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join