It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory on John Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When I first became familiar with the John Titor story, he was already long gone. Like many people, I didn't know what to think. My first reaction was that it was a fantastical tale but then as I read through the archives I became fascinated. I wondered could it be possible?
Soon the cry of hoax became loud and strong: inconsistencies were pointed out, predictions did not come to pass. And yet, there are two factions for and against John Titor.
I came to my personal belief that the person was not a time traveler. But then I began to wonder about his/her motives. Why construct such an elaborate hoax without, so far, gaining any recognition or notoriety for what is in effect a great piece of creativity?
I wondered about the name. The hoaxer probably wouldn't have used his own name, and so purposely chose John Titor. Let us examine the name.

John

English form of Iohannes, which was the Latin form of the Greek name Ιωαννης (Ioannes), itself derived from the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן (Yochanan) meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its consistent popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered as saints. The first was John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ and a victim of beheading by Herod Antipas. The second was the apostle John, also supposedly the author of the fourth Gospel and Revelation.
www.behindthename.com...

John the Baptist

It is worth noting that John baptising by water and his successor by fire has parallels with Sumerian mythology. Enki, who the Babylonians later knew as Ea, had become known as Oannes by the time of John, and Oannes is almost identical to Ioannes, which is how the name of John the Baptist is spelt in the original Greek of the New Testament. Enki/Oannes was the god of (pure) water, and although the first god, the god of creation, over time he lost significance, while the sun god grew more important. Hence in folklore of the period in the surrounding region, Oannes, god of water, was superseded by the god of the sun, the god of fire. That this folklore surrounding Oannes may have influenced a narrative built around a historic figure named Ioannes, is of course somewhat tenuous, though the connection is frequently made by those who question the Historicity of Jesus.
en.wikipedia.org...

Johannites

The Johannites are a sect of Gnostics who reject Jesus Christ, and instead posit that the true savior of the world (sent to fulfill Old Testament prophecy) was in fact John the Baptist, as he was performing baptisms before Jesus' birth.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Templars are thought to be Johannites.

Oannes is, according to legend, a mysterious figure who introduced the concepts of civilization to man. He is credited with teaching the Sumerians agriculture, writing (cuneiform), architecture and mathematics.

Titor

A search reveals that Titor is part of a Hebrew phrase meaning "do not bear a grudge against your kinfolk."
books.google.ca...

LO tiTOR - Do not bear a grudge.
www.mjc.org...

I feel he chose the first name John to symbolize he acting as some sort of prophet, or benefactor of mankind. Maybe connected to the Gnostic traditions, Templars, Illuminati, Masons through the Johannite heresy.
Choosing the last name Titor, he is perhaps mocking the Zionists who wronged him in some way. Maybe he holds a grudge against the Zionists, the NWO.
Titor's prophecies are conveying to us a plan, maybe the plan of the NWO, of which he was a part, but now is estranged from it. Such a person would necessarily wish to remain anomymous, and never be put in the public eye.

Maybe John Titor is trying to tell us something, in the form of this elaborate 'hoax,' so we can save ourselves from what is to come.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by TheComte]

new topics

join