It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed a ufo last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hi My name is Codie Myers. I'm from Martinsburg West Virginia. I'm 19 years old and last night I witnessed a ufo at 9:30 pm. Me and my girlfriends dad were on our way to take me home on a country or suburban road. and on the way to my house in this open grass field there was a giant red ball it was fire engine red. it was not anything ive seen in my life before. now my girlfriends dad is a really smart and it takes alot for him to believe something, and when he saw it he slammed on the breaks and stopped in the middle of the road. when we were looking at it it was really low solid round fire engine red ball it was very big it was about a football field away from us above this grass field that is huge.. could possibly have cows in it it had a white glow around it now it was not a plane not any kind of plane at that not the sun or moon. it was hovering above the ground about the height of the top of a water tower. and it had nothing to do with a water tower cause I just done my research and there is nothing there. well when we were observing it a car came so we had to move. well we knew it was something out of the ordinary. so we went 10 seconds down the road to turn around and came back and it was gone. I think other people witnessed it I tryed to get pictures or a possible video but my phone died it had battery life too which doesn't explain anything to me. I know what I saw, I wish you guys would write me back and let me know you got this and your thoughts about it I have more details and stuff and my girlfiends dad will tell you the story too I think I have something worth your time so please let me know something. Thank You

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Eyewitness13]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow!

That's quite an experience, thanks for sharing.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more from the other witnesses as well as anything else you can add to the account.

Have your girlfriend's dad register and join the thread, won't you?

A lot of people here take these events very seriously, don't let the doubters and skeptics get you down.

I'm a little confused when you mention "watching you guys show" though, what show is that?

While I don't claim to be one myself, get ready to be grilled by the experts here.

Did you hear or smell anything unusual?

Did it touch down?

How high up was it?

Have you gone back to the area in the daylight to look for any ground level physical evidence?

And lest I be remiss; Welcome to ATS, Codie/Eyewitness13.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome here! Kick of your shoes and relax because this will be your home for the time to come.

It's a very interesting eye witness account you've posted. Is there any chance also other people saw it. (near a highway or town?) Did the local media report on it?

I'm looking forward to hear more from you.

There is one thing I should tell you about ATS... there are also people trying to disprove you. However don't try to see it as attacking you. Try to look at it as a bunch of people trying to find out the truth. And in order to find the truth you have to be critical.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My mother saw one just like that over a golf course in 1970. Inexplicable.
I never hear about the big red ball ones.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness13
Hi My name is Codie Myers. I'm from Martinsburg West Virginia. I'm 19 years old and last night I witnessed a ufo at 9:30 pm. Me and my girlfriends dad were on our way to take me home on a country or suburban road and on the way to my house in this open grass field there was a giant red ball it was fire engine red it was not anything ive seen in my life before now my girlfriends dad is a really smart and it takes alot for him to believe something and when he saw it he slammed on the breaks and stopped in the middle of the road when we were looking at it it was really low solid round fire engine red ball it was very big it was about a football field away from us above this grass field that is huge could possibly have cows in it it had a white glow around it now it was not a plane not any kind of plane at that not the sun or moon it was hovering above the ground about the height of the top of a water tower and it had nothing to do with a water tower cause I just done my research and there is nothing there well when we were observing it a car came so we had to move well we knew it was something out of the ordinary so we went 10 seconds down the road to turn around and came back and it was gone I think other people witnessed it I tryed to get pictures or a possible video but my phone died it had battery life too which doesn't explain anything to me I know what I saw and I watch you guys show all the time I never miss a episode I wish you guys would write me back and let me know you got this and your thoughts about it I have more details and stuff and my girlfiends dad will tell you the story too I think I have something worth your time so please let me know something Thank You

First off, welcome to ATS. I am certainly no expert in ufo/alien sightings (I focus more on ghosts than on ufo/aliens) but I would like to hear more. I would like to hear your other details and what your girlfriends father says. It seems to me that you saw a ufo. Im also wondering about the possibility that you two were abducted.

edit to add: I edit to much!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well when I mention the show I sent that to the ufo hunters on the history channel forgot to take it out. Now there were more cars around and it didn't touch down that we saw cause it was shielded and we came up and it became visible and it was in the air about 2-3 telephone poles high up in the air it was not blinking solid it was huge it was really red I said in he topic fire engine red but now I'm thinking that was to be easily confused it was like a brite red marker with I think a round white circle in the middle and bright white light around it I''m thinking of calling the paper and asking if anyone else saw it but I don't know if I should do that and if you have anymore questions let me know and I'll answer them as best as I can .

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Who flies in the red balls? Greys?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well when I mention the show I sent that to the ufo hunters on the history channel forgot to take it out. Now there were more cars around and it didn't touch down that we saw cause it was shielded and we came up and it became visible and it was in the air about 2-3 telephone poles high up in the air it was not blinking solid it was huge it was really red I said in he topic fire engine red but now I'm thinking that was to be easily confused it was like a brite red marker with I think a round white circle in the middle and bright white light around it I''m thinking of calling the paper and asking if anyone else saw it but I don't know if I should do that and if you have anymore questions let me know and I'll answer them as best as I can .

I personally think its a good idea to contact the paper to find out if anyone else said anything about it. also check out mufon.com and nuforc.com you can report your sightings there and see if anyone makes a report there in the next few days

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Any sound?

Did it seem to project it's brilliance from within?

Was it illuminated from without by the white light?

Did it appear to be solid?

Could you draw a picture and post it?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I know what I saw and I watch you guys show all the time I never miss a episode I wish you guys would write me back and let me know you got this and your thoughts about it

I take it this person has already sent this sighting to another source, a radio or tv show?

In any case, sounds like an interesting sighting, never heard of anything quite similar. The part where the OP explains that his cell phone had a full battery and that the battery died while he was trying to get a pic of the craft:

That's a trademark of many close encounters with crafts... sometimes the headlights of the vehicle goes dim, watches go crazy etc.

Good sighting. Too bad no photos or video but to have multiple witnesses is special, I've had that experience a couple times.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ats eyewitness13,

Your story sounds remarkably like my sighting 2 years ago this month, as yoursighting was a huge red glowing ball, my sighting was a huge red glowing ball also. Yes please, as another poster said, ask your girl friends father to join ats, most of us here want to hear both sides, as one may remember some details the other may have missed. I look forward to reading about more of your sighting.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have a small favor to ask of the original poster. Could you please edit your post to add some punctuation? At least throw a few periods in there from time to time. It would make it far more readable.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ok It looked solid and we had the radio on and I don't remember hearingwhen we were looking at it now and I didn't hear anything and the red was glowing as was the white around it and I found a picture on the internet that looks just like it on google and its on a thread on here wow has alot to do with mine www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread299168/pg1

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyewitness13

Thanks!

Anything else you can add to the subject today?

Have you asked your girlfriend's father to join us here?

How about a drawing?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So it looked like this

Seeing that up close would be awesome. Good sightings popping up this month

new topics

top topics

join