It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Struggle for Iraq is the First 'I-War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Struggle for Iraq is the First 'I-War'

www.rawstory.com

This is the war in 2008 — coming to a computer near you.

Wars have often been defined by the new technologies that shaped them. The Civil War was the first photographed conflict in U.S. history, news of World War II was delivered by movie news reels, television made Vietnam the living room war and Desert Storm was the first war broadcast live by satellite.

Historians will likely remember Operation Iraqi Freedom as iWar v1.0. The Web has done more than quicken reporting from the battlefield; it has made war interactive.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say this likely true in more ways than one...In recent times, the Main Stream Media has all but coordinated a blackout on the subject, as to which has created a supposed 'rise in public support' concurrently in polls.

Now the only real place to get the news on a day to day basis of what is going on, appears to be the internet. And those being updated and educated on the daily happenings don't quite appear to fit the mold of being happy with the direction this is going as the folks being polled, at least from what I read on the various sites.

So, could it be that the Internet may very well be the final determining factor of which direction these invasions and occupations go, since the MSM is no longer doing their job?

Hmmm....

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join