It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to Track the new Spy Satellite? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Take a look here...On the first one on the list. When will this be available for us to track??

www.n2yo.com...

Please help.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Being launched that short of time ago, the orbit data sent it not up to date. Just whenever they get around to updating a public site. I don't know the turn around time though.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Maybe its' still bouncing around changing orbital paths to obtain visual data that isn't on the final released path, therefore more difficult for our enemies to protect their sensitive sites without knowing in advance where/when to expect the satellite passing overhead.

could be

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Maybe the fact that its a spy satellite?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Then how come its listed on the tracking page in the first place?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
all spy satellites are able to be tracked, now as to what the satellites actually do, thats classified

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hi,

OK now I can see the data in the list for USA-200. but when I click on Track It...Nothing is on the map.....
www.n2yo.com...

When can I expect it to appear??

[edit on 5-4-2008 by infocon_delta]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Unlike civilian satellites, the orbits for these things are not released to the public.

Basically the orbits are only known once amateur astronomers and satellites trackers are able to watch them over a period of time and get enough solid observational data to nail down their orbits.

top topics

join