It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you sacrifice for disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

I would sacrifice my freedom and my vote. Wait, they have already taken them away anyway, or at least made the meaningless.

Seriously, it is an odd question, but an intriguing one. It would be nice to be proven right and laugh in the faces of people who have called me 'spooky' when I have told them that ufos and aliens are real and that there has been a systematic effort to cover up their existence for years. Maybe the mystique of not knowing is what makes this whole subject interesting though. To answer your question, I honestly don't know.

reply to post by projectvxn

You make many good points. The mass hysteria element is one that almost makes me agree with them in their concealment of the existence of extraterrestrials and their influence on our affairs, assuming this is actually the case and I am not a gullible believer in some new age religion (I have considered this to be a possibility. I am not infallible!
).

Continuing on that point, I am not sure if I even really want official disclosure because I just don't have enough faith or trust in humanity to cope with it. Hey, who knows if I could really deal with it myself? I agree with you about being realistic on what disclosure would actually bring though. Personally, I would not view it as things being all "rosy". I have always thought that they greys were not concerned with our well-being anyway. I am not convinced that the Gov would have any interest in helping out the rest of us with the advanced technology they acquired either. It seems to me like they want us to ruin this planet.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Exopolitician]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
Hypothetically assuming that you wanted the truth to come out, what would you give up or sacrifice if you knew in doing so, the world could have disclosure?

Is it really up to the government to disclose the facts? Do they speak for us as citizens or do we?

Regardless the comments you may encounter here in this thread (I have not read any yet, not until I comment!). The question you pose is brilliant and brief. I really like it. So rare!

I digress into fantasy and think about what I would be willing to sacrifice if disclosure were to occur upon sacrifice.

Oddly, I find I would not sacrifice anything! Seriously, this struck me as odd as it may have struck you upon reading it. My conclusion is simple: I wouldn't give up anything because I do not put much credence in anything any government has to say. No government, not one has managed to end war, create unification through peace, compassion and understanding and tolerance- so I am to ask myself what would I give for the truth? Well, world leaders are supposed to be better, more civilized and more enlightened than the rest of us- which is why they "control" the world, supposedly guiding it and us into being better- them being- the best examples.

Now, since this is not the way it is and if anything the direct polar opposite- disclosure from liars, murders, thieves and worse- holds about as much value to me as having a bad case of diarrhea.

Your hypothetical question is brilliant as it is poignant and I wished I had run across it when I was a little less jaded, perhaps?

What made your post brilliant to me is not that it served to confirm what I believe or grounded it even further into my psyche- it is a question that caused me to pause and think, before during and after.

I hope my disillusioned response is in no way offensive- because that was not my intent at all! I really gave thought and pause- rather than blow it off as ridiculous or superfluous- at least I am not that full of*SNIP* yet!!!!

I look forward to more posts and questions from you. I gave you a star for bravery and courage because many on here can be terribly cold to such an infantile question- it is because they forget the old adage- "from out of the mouths of babes"....!

[edit on 18-3-2008 by dk3000]

[edit on 18-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitician

Mass hysteria is not a solid fear for me...How long can people freak out before they begin to realize that their lives are passing them right by? How long does
one freak out before the rent is due?
I think these are more pertinent questions..

The only time I would see mass panic would be when they show up in droves and scare the hell out of people.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I guess it is a question of character. I am twitchy, nervous and a worrier. This is why I should never be given a firearm.

Indeed though, who is to say that people wouldn't revert to worrying about every day things like paying their bills, even if we found out that those little green men were real.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't think it matters because it will never happen.

Disclosure of any kind will come at the appendages of aliens themselves. Assuming they are real (and I think they are) they have almost complete control over how much of themselves we see, hear, and know. If they exist their technology is so advanced as to border on what we would consider magic (magic itself something of a technology).

Now: What happens if and when they "go public"? How does our government handle it?

If the aliens seem to be friendly, will the PTB denouce the aliens as monsters here to enslave and consume mankind?

If the aliens seem to be hostile, will our government make an effort to protect us? Would they finally show off some of that marvelous tech (like ground-to-space weapons, etc.) so many of us suspect they have? Or would it be like Independence Day, where elements within the gov't knew-or had reason to believe-the visitors were hostile, and covered it up even past the point where the aliens had slaughtered millions and levelled dozens of major cities? Even at the end of ID4 we're left wondering how much foreknowledge of aliens our gov't disclosed after-the-fact, since at the end of the movie only a handful knew the secret.

See, I am under the assumption that the military/industrial/intelligence complex knows a LOT about UFOs and their occupants. Whether that includes direct contact, some kind of "deal", etc. is a matter for debate but for me there is no question they've been hiding something for many, many years. The heavy redaction of documents gained through FOIA should be enough to tell you there's something huge going down with this.

But they can't tell us about it for a number of reasons.

First, there's the fairly obvious point that they have a lot to lose if they tell the "truth". Faith in gov't is already at an all-time low. Exposing such a huge secret, perhaps the most profound truth since Jesus supposedly walked the Earth, through credible sources the masses can trust would shake any faith the world has left. Terrorism would increase exponentially. Armed revolt would break out before the PTB are ready to deal with it. People already on the edge might decide that, instead of just listening to Jim Marrs and Alex Jones, they should take matters into their own hands and destroy the Elites once and for all in a vigilante free-for-all. I don't know about anyone else here, but the majority of folks I know are so stressed out right now by bills, job insecurity, high health care costs, no vacations (or no money to take vacations), exponential increases in workload with no reward, skyrocketing gas prices, increasing food prices, outrageous rent, the housing market crash, recession, etc. etc. etc. that they're right on the edge, just waiting for that one excuse to blow off steam and make someone pay. I think UFO disclosure would be one Hell of a catalyst. Besides that, disclosure of UFO reality including the release of UFO-derived technology would irrevocably upset the balance of power between the Elites and the rest of us.

Second, with all they have to lose, they have nothing to gain. After an alien-controlled disclosure like the old "landing on the White House lawn" they could gain by denouncing the visitors regardless of friendship or hostility, or they could gain by allying themselves with aliens (if they haven't done so already). Before such an event they get nothing from it.

And we can't rely on science this time. Mainstream science laughs in the face of UFOlogy. I remember a few weeks ago Larry King had a special about UFOs after the Texas thing got really big, and the "mainstreamer" they brought on was a complete, arrogant prick--he discounted all witness testimony because even pilots with 20,000hrs don't qualify as "trained observers" in his book. Science as an institution will not help us, and may be complicit in the cover-up.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I doubt the Government will ever go on the News one day and spill out everything. Never. Though if that did happen, I guess you can really call it News. Instead, if they will disclose anything. They'll try to ease it out. Like maybe one day say that they may have contacted an ET Civilization. Then theres always the Landing Scenario, where they just come with thousands of ships and everyone can see for themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
I doubt the Government will ever go on the News one day and spill out everything. Never. Though if that did happen, I guess you can really call it News. Instead, if they will disclose anything. They'll try to ease it out.

Sure, that's just the way they'll slowly build their house of lies. They'd make up some nonsense about discovering a signal from another planet, when it's really just a code cooked up by the CIA. Then after most people believe that, then maybe they'd release some lies about contact. And so on. Build it up, little by little, so they can slowly get everybody to believe we're under attack or something, so they can lock us all in prison camps and barbeque our babies.

Or something like that, for the more paranoid among us.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've just had an epiphany. Consider what disclosure looks like. They don't wanna come out and just say it for several reasons. But that isn't what is important, what we need to realize is that disclosure is taking place RIGHT NOW.

Look at our own Clifford Stone Archive. Little by little we are being fed more and more factual information on the matter, and while everyone is screaming for disclosure, no one seems to notice that the truth is coming out. Heh, It's funny that they are actually telling us the truth and no one is noticing. It's going by so slow that it doesn't even look like disclosure.

There are 100s if not 1000s of archives in the public forum that harbor government documents on the matter. To say that disclosure isn't happening is ridiculous.

I'd like to thank the Air Force SAC, The CIA, OSI, and every other government agency. You guys are ok.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join