It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any land/sea level pictures of the Indian land bridge/ 'adam's bridge?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I've heard a bunch of stuff about this thing being made by ancient advanced technology, but have never seen any close-up pictures to show what's really going on with it.

These are about the gist of what I've been able to find...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Nothing odd about a sand bridge if you ask me.

Check this site for a simple explanation of the rama bridge.
meinvincible.sulekha.com...

However I have not been able to find any pictures taken at sea/land level of that particular sand bridge

Why do you think it to be mysterious?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

However I have not been able to find any pictures taken at sea/land level of that particular sand bridge

Hardly surprising, I'm afraid.

The patch of sea around Adam's bridge (at places you can wade out literally kilometres at low tide) is one of the most heavily patrolled and defended in the world. There is a Sri Lankan naval blockade over most of it, and the Indian Navy and Coast Guard patrol the rest. The idea is to stop Tamil Tiger rebels and their supporters in South India from crossing back and forth. Hardly anybody goes there without a very good, war-related reason, and they're not allowed to take photographs.

There are some old photos from the years before the war (which began in 1983), but they're in books and people's photo albums, not on the Internet.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Hindu mythology states that the bridge was built by the followers of lord Ram. They were described as a race of monkey-like beings, who were physically strong and agile; and apparently it was these people who contructed this land bridge by using brute force more than anything else (lifting and throwing sediment in a line).

Im not sure if these photos indicate a land bridge of natural or man/monkey-made formation though.

Even science is split on this issue (albeit because it is a political issue in India as well).

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good info so far, thanks.

Originally posted by freakyclown
Why do you think it to be mysterious?

I'm just trying to figure out if there actually is anything mysterious about it or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sand bars are natural. I have seen countless sandbars in the US that form a bridge from one island to another. Science is fun.

top topics

join