It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis don't credit US for safer lives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Iraqis don't credit US for safer lives

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Iraqis are finding their lives more hopeful but give the United States little credit for the improvement, an international media poll finds.

Instead, poll respondents credited the Iraqi government, police and army.
_____

Asked whether the "invasion was right," 49 percent said it was. The previous high had been 48 percent in the first poll of the series, by ABC News in February 2004, a virtual tie with the current level due to the poll's 2.5 percent error margin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

In August, 57 percent of Iraqis had replied that it was "acceptable" to attack U.S. forces. The poll released Monday found that number had dropped to 42 percent.

Likewise, 47 percent said last August that the foreign coalition's forces should leave Iraq. In the new poll, that had dropped to 38 percent.

At the same time, most reported that their own lives were going well. In August, fewer than four in 10 said that; in the new poll, 55 percent said it. More than six in 10 said local security was good, 19 percentage points higher than in August.

Looking ahead, however, fewer than half expect their country to be better in a year's time. Still, that number, 46 percent, is twice the percentage of last August, when only 23 percent expected a better year ahead.

I added the extra quotes because there is alot of fascinating information in that article.

I guess what we can take from the article it appears that while the rest of the world is shifting its views against the war, it appears that Iraq is going the other way.

I also find it wonderful that their general populace is finding security in their own armed forces and government and they see a better year on the horizon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/3/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I also wonder whether this poll showing the Iraq support for the war and reports that the US populace is finding support again will alter the promises made by presidential candidates to bring the troops home.

[edit on 18/3/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The poll was conducted Feb. 12-20 through interviews with a random sample of 2,228 Iraqi adults, including oversamples in Anbar province and in Baghdad and other major cities. The margin of error was 2.5 percentage points

Iraq has a population of (in 1997) 22,219,289. So this poll represents .0001% of the population. I also have to question who the people that were polled were? I would imagine that there is a huge population of people who are not even able to be polled because they have no electricity or other means of contact and if they were to be given the same poll, who knows what they would say.

Forgive me, but this poll just stinks of propaganda.

top topics

join