It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Question Asked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Today at dinner, my daughter (age 7), out of no where, asked the following:

"Is this the first time I lived?"

This really caught my wife and I off guard, because we never discussed reincarnation with her, and it did kind of stun us.

We asked her how she thought of such a question, and she got a little upset. We explained there was nothing wrong with the question. It was a very good question. We just didn't think she would ask a question of that depth at such a young age. To which, she responded, "Does that mean I'm a genius?!?" Ah, my lovely daughter. I don't know where she gets this from.

To make things more interesting, my son (age 5) started arguing with her.

"You've lived before. I'm sure of it."
"Are you sure?"
"I've seen you. I am sure."

Honestly, my wife and I are very puzzled where a lot of this came from. Looking at my daughters personality, I would guess she is a young soul. Very innocent and open minded, and sees wonder in everything.

But such strange questions!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have no way of knowing. but I think all kids ask those kinds of questions as they grow up..it's part of learning. Just tell her that ,yes she lived before and that she lived with god in heaven. and she was sent here to make you all happy.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I agree that all kids start questioning things like this as they grow up. I guess we weren't expecting it until she was in her tween years. This just seemed a bit early to us.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
well, i have no kids. but most children know or become aware at about that age. 5-7 or so. I would say, talk and write this stuff down like in a journal.

I knew I was not from this earth when I was 6.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I believe they are true questions and they are the true questions of children before the cognitive supression they suffer during school and their false implantations of worry in the child.......

Ask them questions on it and see if they are vivid or not their answers may shock you...and just don't put everything down to a childs imagination ...they still need a refernce point so where do they orriginate from...as a parent that is your area....

Good luck and all the best...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Hi TLomon,

Having been a Pastlife Regression Therapist for the last 15yrs, I can tell you that this is far more common than you might think. Someone else already mentioned that children are very aware of what we grown-ups would classify as 'paranormal'... but to them it's as 'normal' as anything else in their lives because they haven't had it forced out of them as their minds become formed and influenced by the world around them, suggesting that 'there is no such thing' or 'it's just imagination' etc etc etc.

The mind is extremely maliable and therefore easily manipulated. That's why (as a regression therapist), I NEVER use hypnosis. It doesn't matter how good RT's are at their job, it is all too easy to inadvertently 'plant' a suggestion in the mind of someone who is under hypnosis. Obviously this is exactly what you need if say ... your trying to help the client get over a phobia ... or to stop smoking ... but it's the last thing you need when trying to retrieve pastlife memories. The results of the memories under such circumstances are often tainted and therefore the results are inaccurate ... which kind of defeats the object !

Now, if you'd like to find out a little more about your daughters 'strange' question the best advise I can give you is don't make a big deal about it ... keep it all very casual.

You might begin by asking her ... 'if' she had lived before ... where does she think it may have been (she might not have an answer, so don't push it ... this is very important ... never suggest options by saying something like ... 'could it have been ****'). But if she seems willing to go along with the conversation, you could also ask her what she thinks her name might have been before. One of two things could happen (1) she might not have the answers available/she might not want to take it further (2) it might open the floodgates and she gives you a full account of a previous life.

What I find particularly interesting here, is that her brother recognizes the fact that they'd shared a life together before this one. This is very common ... as the same group of souls seem to be drawn together throughout numerous lifetimes (albeit in different roles/gendre's etc). He obviously seems to have had thoughts about this but never mentioned it before your daughter asked the question ... this is (as I said at the beginning), because he has never seen anything weird about it ... he will just see it as any other memory he has from his life here with his current family.

If you decide to prompt your daughter to open up about any memories she might have, you may find that your son will automatically fill in any blanks that she may not have the answers for. But above all remember to keep it all very natural ... don't push if nothing is forthcoming. I say this because you mentioned your daughter got a little upset when you asked her 'why she'd asked if she'd ever lived before'. This could quite likely be because she doesn't actually have the memories available ... but she may just have had the idea pop into her head because of a strange dream ... and this seemed (as young as she is) like a logical assumption.

If you have any questions or you need more advise you can u2u me. You might also be interested in some of the details on my website about Pastlife Memory (click the link in my signature).

Woody

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I hope you've kept your receipts! No information gleaned from past-life regression has been shown to be accurate. No clinical trials have ever yielded anyone able to repeatedly recall accurate information, or any accurate information they wouldn't know.

If you believe it, fine. Just be aware it's a scam.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Believing is creating ...u should know by now that proof is not needed for someone with cognitive dissident...

And if you can make millions of that well hey welcome to earth...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi dave420,
Was this post directed towards anyone in particular or is it a generalization ?

Originally posted by dave420
I hope you've kept your receipts! No information gleaned from past-life regression has been shown to be accurate. No clinical trials have ever yielded anyone able to repeatedly recall accurate information, or any accurate information they wouldn't know.

(1) 'I hope you kept the receipts' ... This is a bit confusing, I just reread the posts so far and no-one has mentioned that they've had 'regression therapy' ... let alone paid for it !

(2) 'No clinical trials have ever yielded anyone able to repeatedly recall accurate information, or any accurate information they wouldn't know ... er hum ! are you confident about that statement ? And if so, where did you get those statistics ?

The reason I ask is not meant to discredit you ... I would be genuinely interested to know if this is a scientific fact (links to where you sourced the information concerning clinical test being carried-out would be of great professional interest to me - thanks in advance for links you will be providing) ... or are the statements you made based on your personal opinion/experience ?

My interest is not just professional ... but personal. The reason I became a Pastlife Regression Therapist all those years ago was the result of a personal experience. The experience involved my own spontaneous pastlife recall. That means it just happened ... I never had regression therapy ... in fact I didn't know anything about such things before my experience.

This is also why I am vehemently against using hypnosis in such practices ... because I want my clients to have the same 'clean' recall that I had 'spontaneously'. As a result of my experience (incidently this was the first of four pastlives that I have recalled in detail - also spontaneously), I researched names/places/situations that I'd recalled to try and prove to myself whether it was in fact real ... or a vast figment of my imagination ... or even if it might be the result of some kind of bizarre mental breakdown.

As a result of this research I 'know' without a shadow of doubt that what I experienced was pastlife memory. I knew my way around places and what they looked like prior to any modern development. Places that I'd never been near in this life ... or even read about. On top of that when the memories were coming through and I was recalling conversation, they were in the local dialect of the area ... not in my own accent.

Now ... so confident am I on this matter, that I am willing to put my professional reputation on the line - right here and now - by thowing out the shout to anyone on ATS who has the means to set-up and carry-out these 'clinical tests' that dave420 mentioned, to substantiate my experiences as reality. I don't know what such tests would entail but I would be happy to undergo whatever was deemed necessary ... reliable ... and safe, including a lie-detector test.

THIS IS A GENUINE APPEAL, SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP PLEASE U2U ME.

I'm happy for the tests to be recorded and the results made public here at ATS.

(3) 'Just be aware it's a scam' ... I would just like to say that whilst I can't speak for all Regression Therapist, I can assure you that none of the work I carry-out is a 'scam'. I think this is proven in the fact that I often work for free.

Woody.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

You're actually quite misinformed about this. Well, okay, perhaps not completely misinformed. I think it's far more difficult to get past-life information than some think, but it's certainly possible. And there isn't much doubt in my mind that reincarnation is real after having studied the subject for a few years. The work of Dr. Ian Stevenson, alone, is enough to convince me, but I've read so much more.

But you are correct that the accuracy of the information gained during a past life regression is questionable. I have gone through a past-life regression and a life-between-lives regression. I wasn't impressed with either experience, but I'd like to try again some time in the future.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Tlomon,

You might be interested in a book called Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman. It's a fantastic book that deals directly with the sort of stuff your kids are experiencing. I highly recommend it.

After you've read that, you might be interested in reading some of the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. His research is fascinating, but a bit dry.

John

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Your children seem to be very bright! They also seem to be open minded and free thinking, which is a very good sign.

If they ask such questions, i would suggest you reverse it and ask them "Do you think you have lived before"?. Or try and present them with the different scenarios (ie. you are reincarnated/ you lived with god/ whatever other theory you may wish to present to them).

Jedimiller suggested telling them that they lived with god... thats fine as long as you offer them the different choices. Even children can make their own choices, they dont need to be brainwashed into believing something. If you let them choose, and they choose a path themselves they will stick to it much more firmly!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting thread. All I can really do is concur with what has been said already. Children begin by being very in tune with the paranormal and unfortunately, they are discouraged from it all too quickly. I don't want to tell you how to raise your kids, but I'd suggest nurturing their intrigue and imagination. Imagination is the gateway to clairvoyance and psychic intuition and so often when kids have a wild imagination, we think little of it. For example, your daughter might start talking about her past life and it might seem as though she's using her imagination to fabricate a story for a bit of fun. On the contrary - if you believe in these kind of abilities - it's entirely likely that she's actually using her imagination as a gateway to genuine past life regression.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
From my understanding of human thinking it is imposible to provide truth and evidence for such things as reincarnation or past lives. But ibelieve if you trally work hard you can obtain such information

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by TLomon

Your children seem to be very bright! They also seem to be open minded and free thinking, which is a very good sign.

If they ask such questions, i would suggest you reverse it and ask them "Do you think you have lived before"?. Or try and present them with the different scenarios (ie. you are reincarnated/ you lived with god/ whatever other theory you may wish to present to them).

Jedimiller suggested telling them that they lived with god... thats fine as long as you offer them the different choices. Even children can make their own choices, they dont need to be brainwashed into believing something. If you let them choose, and they choose a path themselves they will stick to it much more firmly!

I totaly agree here...
Do you kids a favour and let them express what they think they might know and allow them to understand that reincarnation is a worldy wide belief and accepted in may cultures and religions and its not to be shoved aside...

But also you know you kids best and we can only give you a perspective that would be fing in an un complicated family life...maybe you can't talk to them freely about it...so maybe explain it n a way that no one gets offeneded...How well the beauty of beaing a parent...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What precocious children you have. I am going to watch the thread. It reminds me of something my son said around the time he was 8 or so. It was during the time of very general sex ed in school and at home.
He said that he got to pick me as his parent this time. It was an odd enough conversation that I remembered it. I am going to go back through my journals and see how it came about. It really made me think, but I never pushed the topic.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
it is a wide belief in many cultures that a soul group get to pre arrange their parents and friends and other positions prior to incarnating on this plain..

It would not be un common for the new arrivals to have some reminence of this ...Of course only to be crushed by adolecents and false teachings...

And since i believe that the flow of incarnation has come to a hault untll the accension process is complete...There are probably goin to be a few more of these children popping up..

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gmac1000]

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gmac1000]

top topics

join