It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

green vs grey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is a serious question and one I hope ATS members can help with.

Back when I was a kid, aliens were referred to as "little green men", now as an adult I never hear the words...insted all I ever see is "greys". Which leads to the question, exactly when and why did the green turn to grey?

What is the history of the grey (the terminology rather than the actual history) when compared to green men.

When was the first "little green man" reference, and when was the first "grey" reference?

Why does no one ever see these "little green men" any more?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
This is a serious question and one I hope ATS members can help with.

Back when I was a kid, aliens were referred to as "little green men", now as an adult I never hear the words...insted all I ever see is "greys". Which leads to the question, exactly when and why did the green turn to grey?

What is the history of the grey (the terminology rather than the actual history) when compared to green men.

When was the first "little green man" reference, and when was the first "grey" reference?

Why does no one ever see these "little green men" any more?

The term "little green men" i believe is more of an science fictional nature than in encounters of them.

But there has been encounters with supposed green coloured aliens.

Here some is some history of "green little men" Wikipedia link

And here about the "Grey's" wikipedia link

Hopefully this will help you somewhat

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
they were actually brown skinned aliens who wore green suits. for traveling purposes. something to do with light or stealth.

the grays and browns wear no clothing on their planets. but when they leave their planet they have to wear suits. and they have different colors. I suppose the green suit was more suited for earth..as it was greener and they wanted to use the suits as a camouflague.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So it seems that the term "little green man" has been around before the UFO stuff arose into mass media, meaning its likely it was just used to describe aliens as another unexplained creature, while a little while later Grey became the term used to describe aliens during the 1800's.

So maybe my question has been answered, they have both always been around, its just mass media has removed the less fanciful green version from the world and relegated it to the sci-fi of olden times.

Thanks for the input guys, I can sleep better tonight

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
glad to help. check out my thread about the alien encounter I had.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

I'm always pleased when i can help other ATS members when it comes to there sleep.....

Well, if knowing that we are visited by something unknown could make anyone sleep better that is....

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
they were actually brown skinned aliens who wore green suits. for traveling purposes. something to do with light or stealth.

the grays and browns wear no clothing on their planets. but when they leave their planet they have to wear suits. and they have different colors. I suppose the green suit was more suited for earth..as it was greener and they wanted to use the suits as a camouflague.

You might be on to something here... Remember the movie "Fire In The Sky"? When he was floating up that cavern and saw the space suits... Gray space suits with big black eyes, then a brown alien grabbed him... That is supposed to be based off a true encounter and is presented as fact/non-fiction... Whether it is true or not, only the guys it happened to would know that... And if they passed the lie detector tests as the movie shows then it might just be true...

Also wasn't the little alien from Roswell, EB, a green alien? EB is probably the alien that started all the interest... Being green would explain why we referred to them as little green men...

top topics

join