It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which U.S State to fall first.....????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I was Wondering if any American citizens have stories or proof that their state /City is falling to a police state...

I was watching the news in Atlanta after the tornado hit and they now can introduce police control like they did in Orleans...they i saw that a man was arrested for not and i repeat NOT haveing a "permit to protest" Now what do we all have to say about that...???

Your on the mic..

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While I have my doubts that we're heading towards a full fledged police state, I'd have to say that if it were to occur, one of the southern states would be first.

Most likely it'd be Texas, with the excuse of setting things up to better deal with the illegal alien issue.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

Being arrested for not having a permit to protest is nothing new. It's been happening for a long time. (Not that I doubt we're heading to a police state).

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think the whole thing, like many before and to come, are to acclimate us to life in a police state to a point that we view it as normal. Few people challenge authority, and those that do, tend to be shot down by the courts. Everyone seems to be ok with giving up a little more freedoms everyday and freedom is a lot easier to give up then to gain.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well just so you know that you are not along with abusive authority...I live in BC Canada and the other week i woke up to my door being rammed in by the RCMP (canadian police) and was arrested handcuffed along with my wife and taken to jail....

Now thw cgarge was production of illiegal subtances...now not long after they arrest me they said they could smell "IT" whatever that meant then i was informed that the house next door which is close mind you but still a whole other seperate house was a small grow up and that they had got the wrong house...i still wasn't really thats suprised just as of yet due to the fact i'm from Belfast and Abussive Power is what i grew up with...

I didn't get an apology but i got a ride home from the station which was as close as i'll get to one....but my door was feckled and my dog is a little edgy now....

...So now we now that they can pretty much say they smell something regardless if there is a smell or not....and bust in your door and take you away....

Other valid points....4 cops all entered with hands on gun and as aggressive as could be.....and this luckily happened before our 12 yo daughter got home from school to see mom and dad wrongfully hand cuffed on the floor...

top topics

join