It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of the Catholic Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
I'm not sure if this paragraph is referring to me specifically and if it does I'm not sure if it is positive (affirming that sources should be provided) or a negative (calling me a troll for isolated and limited forum participation).

I was agreeing with your first post that the OP needed to cite sources. And I was not calling you a troll, I was calling the people who I thought would soon follow trolls.

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
God commanded the destruction in the Old testament of many villiges of people who tempted the Irealites by their crimes and women..

so don't be a hypocrite.... He did that in the OT as well..

Oh, well that makes genocide alright then. Yay for God!

Before 1500 only one church has existed...

Are you serious? This comment isn't even worth citing references on because it's so incredibly false...

God did found a church and I will give you biblical passage after biblical passage to prove it even from the OT....

Name one that specifically says the Catholic Church is the one God intended to found.

there are 30,000 different denominations in protestantism, yet all divided, yet the catholic church still remains one..

Remains one? I know quite a few Catholics who don't seem to practice the same religion. The Catholics may have a very vocal head who speaks for the whole, but that doesn't mean the whole is one... It's also worth noting that there was a time when if you tried to stray from the Catholic system they'd kill you!

you se this ignorance bothers me greatly......

Ah, something we can agree on.

2000 years of saints were born from this church, the one in my signature. A whole list of miracles and stigmatist....

If you're not Catholic you don't believe in saints or stigmatics, so why bring that up? You have to be a Catholic for that hold any water.

Patiently awaiting your "Biblical proof", (though since you admit the Catholic Church chose what goes into the Bible any Biblical proof won't hold any water because how can you say for sure whether the Catholic Church didn't cook the books?

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
common sesne you souls have not....

And common decency you have not...

[edit on 21/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is one error in fact that has been posted in this thread.. Before 1500, there were many religions. Polytheism, Paganism, what evolved into both the Catholic and christian faiths, Hebrew, and Islam. And you can even throw in Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, and the many Eastern Religions. The Aztecs and Mayans had religion. Even Native Americans believed in what they called "The Great Spirit!" And the Jewish religion itself traces it's origins back nearly 5800 years. I do not belittle the person who posted that in this thread. I only wish him to be correct in what he posts. And like it says in the bible, "the truth shal set you free!"

<< 1   >>

join