It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bottom About To Drop Out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes, a "service economy" has to be artificially kept afloat, and we have been designated as such for over a decade.

I have no idea what you are talking about the end of the world, but apparently you are a new age believer.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sure is SELL SELL SELL! dump all your stocks! get out while you can...the SKY IS FALLING........Please sell your stock so I can buy it cheap
JK no the only bottom falling out anyplace is within the DNC....and that is GOOD news!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Loyd,

If you are alone then you have it made. I have a wife and two daughters and I didn't marry an ugly woman. I am starting to question my wisdom of that decision...
Raising pretty daughters scares me more than the friggen economy sometimes.

If it helps any this is what I am doing...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Sure is SELL SELL SELL! dump all your stocks! get out while you can...the SKY IS FALLING........Please sell your stock so I can buy it cheap
JK no the only bottom falling out anyplace is within the DNC....and that is GOOD news!

See Loyd.. This is what I am talking about. TX here is the balance I take comfort in...
For every three panicking "me's" there is one of him. When the TX's of the world stop posting you know they went underground with their rich NWO buddies and it's time to take your pretty women and get the hell out of dodge!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I found this site entertaining and it relates to the thread.

The Rapture Index

Maybe the site creator is on to something.

The index is currently at 168 and has seen a high of 182.

According to the site.
Rapture Index above 160: Fasten your seat belts

The Rapture Index has two functions: one is to factor together a number of related end time components into a cohesive indicator, and the other is to standardize those components to eliminate the wide variance that currently exists with prophecy reporting.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner but what is this about?
MAJOR POLITICAL BOMBSHELL: DEVELOPING
www.drudgereport.com...

Could it be the suspension we are all waiting for? Could it be Bush in shakles? Could Cheny be in Jail in Iraq?

Edit:
Sorry, yet another sex scandle... Whatever.. What is it with people and affairs? They should be kicked out of office. If you can't be loyal to one how can you be loyal to many?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Perplexed]

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Im not trying to insult anyone on here, so dont take this the wrong way...

It would serve a lot of people in this forum to take a few college level economics classes. The recessions are unavoidable. They happen when the economy gets too big for its britches and evens its self out. Do people not remember that before the boom times of the Clinton terms, America was in a recession. The Great Depression lead to great booms in the economy. It is call cyclic recession. We have prosperity, then we have not so good times. Then from that we have prosperity and so on and so forth. Now, mind you I am not an expert in economics, but I have had 3 college economics classes and 2 finance classes.

I wasnt alive yet, but what about lines at the gas stations in the seventies and things like that. America will be alright. Its not just Bush's fault. He is very short sighted for not thinking anything is wrong, but its not all his fault. The market just has a way of working its self out....its almost like it has a mind of its own. Please actually research the Great Depression and things like the Dust Bowl. I dont think it will get that bad. I dont think people know how bad things actually were during the Depression.

Im not saying everything is hunky dory, just that there are too many paranoid people here Buy stock in the oil companies....they seem to be doing pretty well these days.

Anybody know the unemployment rate? That is a very true telling of the economy. I believe the depression had something like 30 percent unemployment....I think we are around 5 percent. The sky isnt falling yet, Chicken Little.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just trying to understand. Why is this thread in skunk works? Sounds like an honest thread with good questions posed. Can anyone answer this for me?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I know that we have had difficult times before, but this time, I have a terrible intuition. I have sold my house, and I'm looking for a smaller place, probably out in the country. I can plant a garden there. I told my husband to change his 401K to something else, that the 401K's were going to fail. (I read it in the Dead Sea Scrolls). I hope we can recover, but I don't know, I rely on my intuition, and I have a bad ominous feeling.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Im not trying to insult anyone on here, so dont take this the wrong way...

It would serve a lot of people in this forum to take a few college level economics classes. The recessions are unavoidable. They happen when the economy gets too big for its britches and evens its self out. Do people not remember that before the boom times of the Clinton terms, America was in a recession. The Great Depression lead to great booms in the economy. It is call cyclic recession. We have prosperity, then we have not so good times. Then from that we have prosperity and so on and so forth. Now, mind you I am not an expert in economics, but I have had 3 college economics classes and 2 finance classes.

I wasnt alive yet, but what about lines at the gas stations in the seventies and things like that. America will be alright. Its not just Bush's fault. He is very short sighted for not thinking anything is wrong, but its not all his fault. The market just has a way of working its self out....its almost like it has a mind of its own. Please actually research the Great Depression and things like the Dust Bowl. I dont think it will get that bad. I dont think people know how bad things actually were during the Depression.

Im not saying everything is hunky dory, just that there are too many paranoid people here Buy stock in the oil companies....they seem to be doing pretty well these days.

Anybody know the unemployment rate? That is a very true telling of the economy. I believe the depression had something like 30 percent unemployment....I think we are around 5 percent. The sky isnt falling yet, Chicken Little.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by PokeyJoe]

Wow. Talk about brainwashed zombies. Your professors are wrong, college boy. College is designed to make you stupid. When you wear you black robe and are handed your scroll, this is a Masonic ceremony declaring you are now dumbed down enough to work in their system - that's why you where a square hat with a limp phallus on it.

Economics are a hoax. If you would have went to Cambridge, they would have explained it to you. "The Market" is totally artificially controlled from the top. They do what they want to us. You think the "Great Depression" was an accident? Do you even have the slightest notion what the Fed is or does? Do you know what causes inflation? Or what "central banking" means? It is a debt money system. Of course it collapses. But because there is absolutely nothing underneath us at this point, and our entire "service economy" is held up by borrowed money, we are going to hit the ground incredibly hard. Ask you professor what a "service economy" is. Or look it up. It is meant to just keep a country afloat until something can replace it. We have no where to go but down. Stop deluding yourself, it is pathological.

Also, it "won't be as bad" as the 1930s? Ha! Are you high? In the 30s like 97% of the population was agrarian - capable of growing their own food. What percetage of the populace can grow their food these days, you think?

And again, this depression is not going to end! Were going to prop ourselves back up with "service"? What?

The plan is the continent is going to be 95% Spanish speaking in like 25 years! This is all written down by people working at the UN! Welcome to Mexico homey, you better get a job in the prison industry, join the military, or learn to #ing swim.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

voting means nothing, waste of time, they dont even count.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I agree, the "college economist" is pretty foolish. If you read why bernanke bailed out bear/stearns with 200billion of our tax dollars, you see they felt if they didnt our whole financial system would collapse!!! thats what they said! Secondly, its not just an american depression we are talking about here, its a collapse of financial systems all over the world. Also as stated above, americans in city's nowadays have no idea how to procure basic needs when our system collapses...how many in big cities will be able to grow food, hunt, etc?? I live in a desert right now, but im moving to a more temperate area just because when i can no longer pay my utilities (and im a hospital worker and well off) I at least wont have to worry about exposure threat and can put all my concentration on hunting/fishing to provide.
Make no mistake, all the "stimulus package" and other incentives you see being tried are the last death throws of a dying system....and the rich are scrambling for securities themselves by changing their dollars to euros and other currency....so we should all be too. Several countries no longer trade oil in dollars and have switched to euros, and many countries are dumping their dollars as well. These are never good signs, and im sure they are not just doing it for gits and shiggles.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
LMAO! Ok, so now Im a brainwashed Masonic zombie, who has a college degree....what the hell do you do, flip burgers. Not everything has to do with the Masons....get over it.

As to my previous post, I stand by it because its the true. I have yet to see anyone give me a good reason why I am wrong. Whether or not you have the learning capacity to admit it or not is a different story.

Booming economies are followed by lean economies. It justs gets too big, and cannot sustain itself, so therefore a natural correction must take place. This stuff isnt a secret....you should do some research.

Oh wait, I guess that everyone who wrote the papers and articles is probably a Mason or part of the NWO, huh?

Oh yeah, college boy huh? LOL. Dont get it twisted dude, im a grown ass man.

You people ready to run for the hills over a little down time in the economy really crack me up. I guess no one remembers the actual last recession that we had....seemed to work out ok.

Bottom of the line is, the dollar got greatly overinflated, so the economy needs to straighten its self out.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I agree, the "college economist" is pretty foolish. If you read why bernanke bailed out bear/stearns with 200billion of our tax dollars, you see they felt if they didnt our whole financial system would collapse!!! thats what they said! Secondly, its not just an american depression we are talking about here, its a collapse of financial systems all over the world. Also as stated above, americans in city's nowadays have no idea how to procure basic needs when our system collapses...how many in big cities will be able to grow food, hunt, etc?? I live in a desert right now, but im moving to a more temperate area just because when i can no longer pay my utilities (and im a hospital worker and well off) I at least wont have to worry about exposure threat and can put all my concentration on hunting/fishing to provide.
Make no mistake, all the "stimulus package" and other incentives you see being tried are the last death throws of a dying system....and the rich are scrambling for securities themselves by changing their dollars to euros and other currency....so we should all be too. Several countries no longer trade oil in dollars and have switched to euros, and many countries are dumping their dollars as well. These are never good signs, and im sure they are not just doing it for gits and shiggles.

Go ahead and pack your survival goods right up next to your Y2K survival kit. How'd that work out for you?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think the truth lies somewhere between what PokeyJoe is saying and what the doom and gloomers are saying. What I don't like is how many economists are saying that we are in uncharted waters and they don't know what to expect. I also don't like all of the paralells between now and 1929. The worst aspect of this whole mess, in my opinion, is I have absolutely ZERO faith in our leadership to lead us through these difficult times.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I placed this post in the Skunk Works simply because most people think you're a paranoid nut if you have a different perspective on things than the party line.

I honestly hope I'm a paranoid nut now after reading a few of the headlines today..

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is what others outside the USA are forcasting for the states.....

www.leap2020.eu...!-Global-systemic-crisis-September-2008-Phase-of-collapse-of-US-real-economy_a1298.html

In the United States, this new tipping point will translate into a collapse of the real economy, final socio-economic stage of the serial bursting of the housing and financial bubbles (1) and of the pursuance of the US dollar fall. The collapse of US real economy means the virtual freeze of the American economic machinery: private and public bankruptcies in large numbers, companies and public services closing down massively (2),...

....and for you NWO buffs.....although i might be stretching it.....

Towards a nationalisation of parts of the US banking system
If the Fed continues to act as it has been doing, its next « great intervention » could be to nationalise part of the US banking system! Indeed it has already started taking upon her the bad balance sheets of a growing number of the country's financial institutions…

oh!....to live in interesting times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join