It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Resisters League plans Blockade of IRS on March 19th!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

War Resisters League plans Blockade of IRS on March 19th!

www.warresisters.org

On March 19, 2008, we will set up a nonviolent blockade of the national Internal Revenue Service .quarters in Washington, DC, as part of the day of actions against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Just as military recruiters supply the bodies for the war, the IRS supplies the funding. Just as some soldiers have the courage to resist the war, we — as tax payers — should have the courage to resist paying the taxes that send soldiers to war. We call on all war opponents to help dramatize our opposition and to disrupt business as usual by joining this nonviolent blockade.

For at least this one day — March 19, 2008 — we need to create a disturbance in the smug complacency of the IRS/Pentagon money-axis.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
WHOA...I wonder what will come of this? I haven't seen any media coverage of it yet, but this takes some guts IMO.Going . to . with the tax-men to send a message of no war-funding?...How much do you want to bet they all get audited for this stunt? HAHA

www.warresisters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Great idea, but three days notice? Unfortunately, I see this as a big bust.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

It depends-How many people are a part of their league? Also, giving more .s up notice might also give TPTB more time to set up countermeasures and barricades. As it is, I'm sure the riot police will probably be all over this.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The People have the right to peaceably assemble, but what constitutes "peaceably"?

For example, if they block streets, is that fair? It hinders everything going on in the area. I'm not so sure this is a good idea. I think there are other ways to get one's message across...

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join