It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This post removed at member's request.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I understand and don't
explanation of what is alternative and breaking remains vague

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
2hings ive just had a colonoscopy and im drowsy

and my keyboard is acting up...

topics are being watched, an modded, but some arent, when i was told a CNN story about a dj gettin ...

You have to remember that ATS is just like any other site on the Internet. If the Admins and/or Moderators on the site decide to do something a certain way, you can either continue to complain and be moderated more or move on to another forum. That is how it is elsewhere, and that is how it is here.

As far as the "cleaning up the 'Breaking Alternative News' forum" goes, I'm glad this is being done.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
could be that some of us do not know how to post anywhere but the "breaking alternative news" forum. I haven't posted in years (but a daily reader). I tried the other day to submit a new post, and could not figure out how to post in any other forum. It would just direct me to breaking alternative news. Could be I am an idiot
, but also could be part of the reason that you get a lot of posts in that forum. How do I pick which forum I wish to submit a post for? Maybe we should have a scroll down box to choose which forum we want when hitting the submit button to write a post?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by poolboy

When you hit the submit button on the toolbar above ^^^

You will see this:

News Submission This form is for the submission of conspiracy themed or other "alternative topic" news and breaking current events that fit within the topical themes of AboveTopSecret.com.

PLEASE NOTE! Off-topic submissions that do not relate to our "alternative topics" are subject to immediate removal.

New news-related threads that are important for ATS discussion but do not fit the above criteria should be posted to our current events forum.

Submit Political News | Submit General News | Submit Email Newsletter Article

The bolded above are links to the proper submission form.

If it fits on AP, hit the Submit Political News

If it fits in BTS, hit Submit General News

Hope that helps when you are trying to create News threads.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
it does thank you. (and prompt! wow) . But say I wish to post in lost civilizations for example. Can I choose to post in that forum? Again, I may be an idiot, but when I hit submit I only see the choice for breaking alternative news, political news, and general news.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poolboy

You can only make normal topics in those and for those you use the
Usual New Topic option.

Its only for news submissions for the news areas in the forum that you use the Submit option.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
ok.. NM!

[edit on 3/20/08 by Angry Danish]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
How convenient for China to have an "earthquake" to lift their world image. I wouldn't be surprised if the government killed its own people for the "ends". But remember folks, its the "means" that you live with.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This would of happened regardless if NATO or IRaqi troops were on guard. For sure.

BUT, it WOULDN'T of happened if Saddam was still under rule.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I take your point, SO. I think most do. In my case with my recent thread (still ongoing), I posted it in breaking news because I had a suspicion that the nature of the matter and the vastness of the potential harm implied a conspiracy or cover-up. I did not go into detail about that suspicion in my OP, as we are restricted in how much we can say, but I hoped that mods would read between the lines so to speak, and realize the potential magnitude of the problem, which is only now becoming apparent to the public at large.

Fortunately no moderator had any problem with my OP.

It wasn't until a little later that I was able to post evidence that there was indeed a cover-up or conspiracy (namely Florida dept of health delaying release of info about toxic Chinese drywall for 3 months), so my original suspicions were justified.

So, if we as members feel there is a fair likelihood that the news item may relate to a cover-up/conspiracy, then aren't we justified in posting the item on the breaking news forum? The problem is, a moderator might not see things the way we do and move it elsewhere. What happens, then, if we then find evidence to support our original suspicions -- as I did? Can we request the thread be moved back to where it was to begin with? Or would this request be rejected by the moderators?

I am fully in favor of moderators having the power to move threads that are clearly in the wrong forum, but on the other hand it seems to me that if we might have to write up a justification for placing something in breaking news when its reason for being there maybe isn't entirely apparent, then this will dissuade some members from posting what otherwise could be very useful information that could be of interest and benefit to other members.

There is also the fact that breaking news is...errrmm... breaking news.
Sometimes we have to move fast to gather the information and get the links and quotes up and posted, as you just never know -- some stories seem to disappear off the web pdq. Surely it's better to post in breaking news in that case, even if there is not a rock-solid argument that a conspiracy will be established, rather than spend the time to dig and post so late that the story has been pulled/buried by "whoever". (With the proviso that it strongly suggest a conspiracy and perhaps there are prior threads on the same basic subject matter.)

Just my 2 kc. Many thanks for a great site.

Best regards,

Mike

[edit on 26/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I asked this in the other thread but got no reply.

Can we have an option to sort the 'breaking alternative news" threads by DATE and TIME added instead of "last reply and most flags" option.

Its really hard to find whats 'breaking' at the moment if you have to go through the entire page just to see what the latest news is, instead of whats the most 'popular'.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

so beautiful thing let me just tell you that the fair is happening again this weekend (August 21 & 22) at the TSB Arena, with doors will open from 9am to 4pm each day. If you like books,www.cheapuggboots-uk.net...
www.cheapuggboots-uk.net...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well I understand why you would seek to clear that up SO , but what I dont understand is how you can say with a straight face that political stories, connected or otherwise to previous conspiracies, do not count as alternative news. Lets face it, politics , government , and organised existance are one big conspiracy anyway so I fail to see how ANY of that globalist agenda stuff can be cast out since the whole of civilisation is a cover up of a conspiracy based on another cover up and so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm not allowed to start a topic or thread yet being new to the site but here's an interesting story...
www.wtvr.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am want purchase some share for my business.so tell me which share is to good for my business.
=====================
Shared Ownership Mortgages

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by katharindoz

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What a great pic Mr. Skeptic Overlord. It makes me laugh(nicley) looking at it..and feeling a little "secret adgentish" being on ATS now.
I enjoy this website,and hope it doesn't get clogged up in the Homeland Sercurity taking down websites,and Wiki stuff.

Seems like an interesting coincidence.

Please keep up the good work.. Lots of people have read here for years and "mind their own business.'

You guys do a service. All of you..

Your readership is smart enough to know the difference between Fox, NBC,MSNBC without being told .(Pick a source)

Don't know your demographics, but your advertisers do.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i have been following the wikileaks stuff. I have posted some of these articles in breaking news, others in breaking polical news and a few in general conspircay..
so are you saying that i should not post hem in breaking news if they dont correlate to an existing conspircay thread. Or is it ok to post them in breaking news if they relate to a cover up...?

kx

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You guys keep up the good work,and I could be an advertiser. I have a budget coming up in our Ad Department.
We'll want to sponsor the radio though. Let's hear the Show tonite

Last week was supurb.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join