It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four FBI agents hurt in Pakistan bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Four FBI agents hurt in Pakistan bombing

www.cnn.com

Four of the 12 people wounded in the weekend bombing of an Islamabad restaurant are U.S. FBI agents, the bureau confirmed Sunday.

The attack occurred Saturday when a bomb was hurled over a wall surrounding the Luna Caprese restaurant, an outdoor cafe frequented by Westerners, journalists and diplomats.

Four FBI personnel were "slightly injured" in the blast, FBI Special Agent Richard Kolko said Sunday in a written statement.

In addition to wounding the agents, the explosion killed a Turkish woman and wounded a fifth American, three Pakistanis, a person from the United Kingdom and someone from Japan, authorities said.

A high-ranking federal source had earlier told CNN that the agents' wounds included deep lacerations, concussions and fractures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In addition to this, apparently a missile strike occurred near the Afghan border, which killed about 20 people. Sounds to me like things are heating up pretty good over there. Hopefully we don't get recalled...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I could've almost sworn that the FBI's jurisdiction was only in the US. What are they doing over in Pakistan? Isn't that CIA territory?

Befuddled...

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I think they used to be mainly US-based, but their mission was broadened after one of their Special Agents, Robert Hanssen, was caught for espionage.

Robert Mueller, the current FBI director, was chartered with that task and others. Ironically, he assumed his new job on Sept. 4, 2001, exactly one week before you know what.

new topics

top topics

join