It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illustrated Guide: Concealable Personal Defense Crossbow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Take a look at the following: sasisa.ru...

While I can't be sure that this is the correct board for this, this would make a nice alternate ranged weapon for those who can't own guns (like those in the UK).

While the image of the crossbow penetrating a soda can might not be very impressive, keep in mind that a pencil was used. The damage that you could do with a metal rod probably outmatches any other weapon this small (that isn't a gun, of course).

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I’m not surprised that this one is from Russia. When I was there I came across an interesting fact, Russian school kids LOVE making their own weapons.

I’ve been shown everything from .22 pens to excellent knives forged from ball bearing or train diesel engine valves.

My favorite was a one shot Co2 Gas Canister gun, releasing the entire cartridge charge at one time which propelled a steel rod.

The best part was that the entire assembly was made out of common objects, and when disassembled did not look like a weapon.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That site has a trojian virus!

Luckily my anti virus picked it up. If youres didn't and you clicked that link,run a scan.

edit to say,if anyone can transfer the pictures somehow. I'd be interested in seeing them. WFrom what I saw (first 2 pictures) It looks rather simple (even for me!!)

[edit on 17/3/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hmm realistically the range wouldnt be brilliant enough to warrant its use.

Nice toy but in a real situation, you would be much better off with a massive steel rod to bash people with.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

[quoe] That site has a trojian virus!

What did you expect? It’s a Russian site showing how to make a weapon out of your everyday office junk, which with out a doubt was engendered with the though of assassinating the boss of that very office.

I swear, you lock up Russian is a spaghetti factory with OUT a bottle a vodka, and out of boredom, by the morning he’ll put together a deadly pasta doomsday machine.

I love that it has a "laser sight", it just cracks me up.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
reply to post by Acidtastic

[quoe] That site has a trojian virus!

What did you expect? It’s a Russian site showing how to make a weapon out of your everyday office junk, which with out a doubt was engendered with the though of assassinating the boss of that very office.

fair point,well made

new topics

top topics

join