It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in the Mid West?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks Dragonfire, I was just coming on to hunt down this thread for an update! Hope you have those recipes ready as were going to work up an appetite.

Sor far here is how the weekend line up is looking:

Stick/Swordfighting (Basic techiniques)

Archery (Intro)

Seeds of Destiny (Planting ahead)

Herbology (Growing and using healing herbs)

Solar Basics (From Scratch)

Bugout ? Shelter in place (Reality check)

Computer Tech. (Q@A) (Specializing in ATS?BTS Formats for optimum Effectiveness)

Stocking up (Long Term food storage)

UFO/Alien (Discussion Group)

Other topics will be included as we get participants with specific knowledge in different areas of expertice.

Sounds as if the days will be spent gathering and sharing a greater understanding of the world around us and the nights will be filled with great people of like minds eating drinking and enjoying fireside chats.

I am currently working on getting several computers up and running for the event as many here will want to log on from time as will I.

It would be great to have parts of this Video steamed for those that cannot attend but are interested in the topics. Are there any techies in our area willing to make this possible?

If not we will do some PODcasting of the event to at least listen to.

I am excited and working on getting the farm ready and beautiful for my guests.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

yeah, it's called agryria. it's a permanent condition. i wonder if the "greys" are actually people from our future that had to switch to colloidal silver due to all the resistance to antibiotics. j/k. i've never once wondered that. lol.

anyway, you don't drink it by the gallons. i've been using it for years and am still the pastiest white girl you'll ever see. no hint of grey (hair doesn't count. lol)

how many people are you expecting so far? need to know how big a batch of brownies to whip up.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

yeah, it's called agryria. it's a permanent condition. i wonder if the "greys" are actually people from our future that had to switch to colloidal silver due to all the resistance to antibiotics. j/k. i've never once wondered that. lol.

Well thats just Smurfy

anyway, you don't drink it by the gallons. i've been using it for years and am still the pastiest white girl you'll ever see. no hint of grey (hair doesn't count. lol)

So are ya saying your gonna dye your hair blue??

how many people are you expecting so far? need to know how big a batch of brownies to whip up.

w00t w00t brownies

What kinda recipes do we want?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

LDragonfire I have 3 bbq's ready to stoke up! You will have to give me some ideas of what you want to make so I can work on getting all the ingredients... We are catching fish now and we can plan a fish fry one night. Bass, catfish, crappy, blue gil, perch, suckers... we have a fresh water spring fed pond loaded! Bring your pole too.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

So far it looks like about 8-10 of us.
I have had more replies but the economy has alot of people staying home this summer.

One girl is coming early to help out before and I look forward to meeting her.

I am hoping to get one interesting speaker (Informal) that has some interesting tales to tell of when he was a USAF Capt. in a couple of wars as well as being an ex Cop, he is very credible but also a very down to earth man. Not sure so keep your fingers crossed.

I can say this, it would not be the first time I threw a party or event and ended up with a few people standing around in awe. Those are fun fireside stories maybe.

It will be great to just spend some time with whoever shows up. It will be family friendly so it couldnt get too crazy.

I have always wanted to build a Teepee, wish it was up now .

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hey Guys, I'm still planning on being there, with my son..
just gotta time out the travel and expense, but it sounds like a great time!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Only thing its going to cost is gas. And maybe chip in on the fresh fruit for my Daquri night... I have a shaved ice machine and all of the party wear for some tropical type drinks. I have my event tent to set up and am buying lots of torches, so it will probably be one night at least of luahu type fun. Pick your own salad, catch some fish, jk, but one night I will supply a fish fry, the other night we will put on one hell of a BBQ. Be fun to do karaoke. I am even talking about an excursion of ghost hunting...

Survivor Weekend!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Hey Guys, I'm still planning on being there, with my son..
just gotta time out the travel and expense, but it sounds like a great time!

I would love to see you there, AD!

Wow if you can swing it I will be so happy. If the Canadian gal can make it happen how could I miss it being a few hundred miles away!!!

I see this as such an opportunity, to see how the next phase, self sufficiency can be actualized or at least a glimpse of that which can't be found in the heart of the city.

The adage it takes a whole village to raise a healthy child has always been in the forefront of my mind. This is the vision I see and as more people lose their jobs, thier homes, the ability to provide for the family this type of ingenuity, (or back to basics, call it what you will) will be priceless in my opinion.

With the greatest benefit at all moving out of cyberworld and connecting on another level with some people I have grown to admire and respect.

And in some form I am sure some of it will be related back in cyberworld on ATS.

How generous of Antar to open her home and allow the trust to make possible this gathering.

Also

[edit on 25-4-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh I can see it now, we all get drunk, it starts to rain, and antar wakes up in her big bed with AD, Whitewave, interstedalways and all snoring in unison! LOL A real Ozark survival get together! We will be doing some very intersting stuff... How much gets back here ?
:w:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ok but I'm Not wearing a hula skirt!

As for a bbq all we need is pork steaks and/or ribs and any kind of chicken unless you wanna include hotdogs and hamburgers for the kids, bbq sauce, some turkey baking pans [they can be the cheap disposable kind] we need pans for the meat, and a pan for BBQ beans [pork-n-beans, honey, onions, bbq sauce] and one for Corn on the cob or whatever veggies suit our need and some aluminum foil

We can grill the meat and store it in the turkey pans smother with bbq sauce, cover the pans with foil and we will let this cook slowly for hours.

Same for the beans

For the fish of course we can fry it, another yummy method is to wrap fish one serving each in aluminum foil adding butter and lemon pepper or butter and garlic OR butter and cajun seasoning and cook over a grill this is the absolutely the best way I have ever baked fish, I don't know there is something about cooking out doors,

I'm thinking some fried potatoes and baked potatoes would be just peachy. Do you have any cast Iron skillets?

For desert I'm thinking something simple we need some apple or peach pie filling, I can make this from scratch, and butter and a dry yellow cake mix, we would add the filling to a baking pan cover with the cake mix spread out the butter over it and bake for around 30 minutes, I call it Dump Cake and it's just yummy

or just a simple fruit salad

ok let me know what you think

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Oh I can see it now, we all get drunk, it starts to rain, and antar wakes up in her big bed with AD, Whitewave, interstedalways and all snoring in unison! LOL A real Ozark survival get together! We will be doing some very intersting stuff... How much gets back here ?

Oh

MY

GOD

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I can see you know how to interpret my

Be careful or this thread is going to get moved to , you know where...

[edit on 25-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

OMG that sounds fantastic! I will buy ahead the meats and you can put it together when you get here. You cover making the dinners and I will make the breakfasts, homemade berry waffles, sausage, some vegan type too. You can pick the onions and stuff, all the herbs you need.
Your 'job' btw will be to milk the chickens every morning at the crack of dawn!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

OMG that sounds fantastic! I will buy ahead the meats and you can put it together when you get here. You cover making the dinners and I will make the breakfasts, homemade berry waffles, sausage, some vegan type too. You can pick the onions and stuff, all the herbs you need.
Your 'job' btw will be to milk the chickens every morning at the crack of dawn!

MMMMM Chicken milk

Well this won't be a problem uh with all the snoring going on...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

What happens at Antar's, stays at Antar's. And I don't snore. Well, not much anyway.

I could show you dutch oven cooking. Make some tasty biscuits. I'll even bring the dutch oven. Let me know what you think you might need. I probably have it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is sounding better and better all the time.

It is gonna be a blast, what an opportunity to have fun with freinds and at the same time gain some valuable information.

Antar your sprirituality in action will be an inspiration for us all. I can't wait for the group of ATS'ers to gather and learn from each other.

We are all different and the mix should bring the best out in each of us and produce a harmony we don't often have an opportunity to experience!

I hope the interested parties who are on the fence about coming can find a way to make it happen.

IMO this is a once in a lifetime occurance. It isn't everyday a trusted and respected member makes a personal vision happen.

Can't wait Antar! I am looking forward to helping you prepare for the event. Wow! Thanks for counting me in!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So when is this going to go down? I need to know so I can put in for a vacation at work.

:w::w::w:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Oh my gosh! I just had to laugh! that's almost happened to me a couple of times because my eyes are bad!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Talking about the topless girl on the van???

That is exactly what happened, I didn't look as closely as I should have, but "stuff happens!"

Never know what you may see on a good old fashioned hippy bus trip!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I have 3 dutch ovens and would love for you to put them to good use! I burned the last few meal I tried to cook in them

In scouts the kids cooked in them so I figured how hard could it be? I did terrible. There was a cake they made with the same ingredients LDragonfire talks about in the above post, sooo good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join