It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street fears for next Great Depression

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
exactly.....the idea is to depopulate the world to 500,000,000 and then subjugate them into goyim. reference [NSSM 200 + Kissinger] for starters. Their plan originates with the CFR [counsel on foreign relations, The Bilderbergers, and the Trilateral commission. The Iron Mountain report set up the bluepring since 1967.....not a hoax....] long long story shorter

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It seems a slow and lengthy decline .. prices drop day by day then once in a blue moon they slash rates or announce a takeover (bad in the long term depends on who's buying) and shares go up for a day.

They all cheer hooray we will be o.k .. but day by day they fall............

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok quik question. Lets say the banks closed down. Would that then make the remainder of what we owe on our home payable on demand?

Can you imagion , if that happened here? Eighty percent or more of the nation kicked out on its butt? They would have to implent matrial law.
As far as depopulation, I can see them having it as a back up , to controll what they forsee comming. Or mabey they will just let us all kill each other, I dont know.

I do know that what we are seeing in our markets, is different than anything in the past. There is nothing in the making for a fix . Oil goes up, food goes up, jobs go out. What is comming in? People talk about, well,
now people will buy our goods. What good has that done for the people of China, or India? They may have the jobs, but its only the few on top that make any money, and the nation is pretty much slave labour. Again, what is going to fix this? I see a crash as immanent. In fact, I see it as already happened. as the government tries to blind us to that fact for as long as they can, to milk out as much as they can before giving us the finger.

What worries me, I am very ill. My husband is the only income earner.
He works in retail. His job will go first. We will loose our home, and then what ? How do we eat? Where do we live? I have food stores saved, medicine , even nicotine even though I no longer smoke, but what good does that do me when I loose my home before things ever become that bad? Do I put this stuff in my backpack?

I am glad some can afford to really prepare. But for a lot of us americans, we cant. We can barley eat. We cant buy the medicine we need now. I do not have the money for extra batteries and food, and with the price rises, I am not eating much now any way.

Any way, I guess what I am saying is it is very bad here. Its gonna get worse. Do I have any answers? No. All I can say is pray, and learn how to dig a water well.

Ama

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"They would have to implent matrial law."

Declaring martial is exactly what is planned. This will lead to the New World order. Martial law has been planned as far back as FDR. I have the quotes, ACTS, Laws and events to substantiate their careful planning and step by step set up. The last three acts last year and this year is the final icing. They want to crash the dollar and institute the AMERO and combine Canada, Mexico and the U.S. into one country This is called the North american Union, already signed. They just need one more national disaster and its set........

Praying is the ticket because this is the one world government that the Anti-christ will win and then lose......taking Jesus Christ as Savior makes all worry go because your soul is safe..........

reply to post by amatrine

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Did anyone else happen to notice that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson looked visibly shaken after Bush's remarks and joint appearance with his economic advisors?

I thought maybe I was imagining it as I have no idea of his typical mannerisms and demeaner but I have read this same account on one other site so mybe my impression was accurate.

Paulson's eyes were bugging out during Bush's remarks and he kept looking at Bush like either he or Bush were insane. When it was over he just hauled-butt out of there. Maybe video will turnup.

I suspect this man will not be a Bushie much longer.

[edit on 19/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i would love to see that video...and this would be a good assessment.

reply to post by kosmicjack

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The video might be here but I can't actually view it.

C-Span

He used to be the head of Goldman Sachs so if anyone would know the game and the players it is Paulson.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Did anyone else happen to notice that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson looked visibly shaken after Bush's remarks and joint appearance with his economic advisors?

Yes, I made a similar observation during the live broadcast.

I suspect this man will not be a Bushie much longer.

When GW praised Hank for his efforts & strong leadership, it had a definite; You're doing a heck of job Whitey!...er, I mean Brownie feel to it.

Just prior to the televised conference, both Paulson & Bernanke showed visible signs of stress (sobriety), while GW was...well, you can judge for yourselves.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by OBE1]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well God Bless those guys, they sure are dedicated , working over the weekend and all. They could have single handedly saved the fiat banking system by working on a saturday and sunday. I hope thier wives weren't mad at 'em for taking time away from thier families to save the economy and all .

[edit on 20-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for posting that! I'm glad someone else recognized the behavior - it was just bizarre from start finish. I am sure there is much behind-the-scenes drama. I read an account where supposedly Bernanke wants to resign but he has to stay put until a replacement is found. Not the greatest source so I won't link it but I will pay close attention.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Honestly I didn't notice much except that they look like death warmed-up, which they normally look like anyway. Ain't Bushie a boy though? Hoho, he says. 'I got me loadsa' money and now arm gonna go play maself some golf!' Great political system. Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Can anyone answer me the following question?

What signs are leading to this Great Depression? Please advise. We all know the economy is in a downturn. The markets are always volatile, that's how people make money!!! You think they will make it in a Flat Market?!!!

Also, The U.S is much too important, for a sudden collapse of its economy right now... the dollar will jsut be like the Sterling pound after world war 2, that's all.

anyway, psst.. the US, and the soverign wealth funds have just struck a deal. check the drudge report.

thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Fed Cuts Discount Rate, Lends More to Avert Meltdown (Update4)

By Scott Lanman and Craig Torres

March 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve, struggling to prevent a meltdown in financial markets, cut the rate on direct loans to banks and became lender of last resort to the biggest dealers in U.S. government bonds.

In its first weekend emergency action in almost three decades, the central bank lowered the so-called discount rate by a quarter of a percentage point to 3.25 percent. The Fed also will lend to the 20 firms that buy Treasury securities directly from it. In a further step, the Fed will provide up to $30 billion to JPMorgan Chase & Co. to help it finance the purchase of Bear Stearns Cos. after a run on Wall Street's fifth-largest securities firm.

``It is a serious extension of putting the Federal Reserve's balance sheet in harm's way,'' said Vincent Reinhart, former director of the Division of Monetary Affairs at the Fed and now a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington. ``That's got to tell you the economy is in a pretty precarious state.''

www.bloomberg.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

www.alternet.org...

The Second Great Depression

By Mike Whitney
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

www.apfn.org...

reply to post by crusader

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DwnitsDwn

Can you back that up with any facts or reference? Just curious how you can make such a statement.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

3) More lawlessness and bad manners. More people not giving two craps. Women burping and spitting on the street in full view. Missing teeth because of no money for quality orthodontics. No reason to look presentable. (Deodorant will be optional.) People will want to hurt you for no reason, and they will have a lot of muscles because they will work out a lot (Because they have nothing else to do.) Women will have a lot of big and ugly "man tattoos" used to give them a sense of empowerment.

Thanks for the giggle ww.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that people will have bad breath.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I believe we're less likely to have a financial meltdown.
www.marketwatch.com...

Now we just have to deal with the mess that wasn't fixed already and a possible recession before the economy starts plugging away again. By next year, interest rates going sky high probably will be the talk.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I believe we're less likely to have a financial meltdown.
www.marketwatch.com...

Are you serious?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That's as bad as Bush last week telling us to boost the economy by going out and spending.

They DO think we're stupid. Okay, maybe there are enough stupid people to fall for these things, and that is why they say them.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Night before last NBC evening news had and interview with a major broker on wall street, I forget his name and tried to find the interview on their website but failed (of course I didn't try very hard, may look again) who was saying that the combination of high oil, a credit crunch and a very low dollar along with the billions we are wasting in Iraq were likely to tip us into a depression... and he added that it was the highest probablity of it in his life.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join