It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street fears for next Great Depression

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Yeah, I must admit. That's me.

I am a sad product of my society. I'm what Elliot Spitzer pretended not to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DwnitsDwn

Those will be the future commodities people will be trading.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's just make it clear as to what will happen if there is a depression in the US. Everything will NOT be okay.

I think a lot of people in the US do not know what it is to live in a depressed society and culture. I know what it is...

1) No more hotties. The "hottie" ship will have sailed. No makeup. No "Lipstick Jungle." The only beautiful women you will see will be on the big screen. (Movie ticket prices will come down, because they will need something to cheer up the population. They use movies to cheer up the poor in India.) There were beautiful women in Ancient Rome. There weren't many beauties during The Dark Ages.

2) Dirty streets and dumber people. The education system will get even worse, and with that comes a generation of children who make really dumb decisions. There will be dirt on the streets, a lot! (I used to live in New Orleans BEFORE Katrina, and I know how things can get in a depressed society.)

3) More lawlessness and bad manners. More people not giving two craps. Women burping and spitting on the street in full view. Missing teeth because of no money for quality orthodontics. No reason to look presentable. (Deodorant will be optional.) People will want to hurt you for no reason, and they will have a lot of muscles because they will work out a lot (Because they have nothing else to do.) Women will have a lot of big and ugly "man tattoos" used to give them a sense of empowerment.

4) No more health food snacks. No more Evian water. No more Starbucks!!! No Soy Lattes or Whole Foods markets! Less and less "webisodes" because they will be expensive to produce. More bad public access shows.

5) Really long lines at McDonalds. In order to make a profit, they will have to cut back on staff. The hamburgers and cheeseburgers will get smaller. To save money, they will get rid of the King Size combo, because every french fry counts.

6) Reductions in basic services. Sanitation trucks will come once a week instead of twice a week. (In India, many cities have no sanitation. They burn their garbage on the streets.) No more 24/7 running water either. Expect more pharmaceuticals and hormones in your water, since it costs money to clean it.

7) Much, much more BS. You think people talk crap now, wait until the depression, when they have to find reasons to justify their miserable existence. Expect to go to more church services. You will need to do this just to meet decent people to befriend or date. There will be a whole lot more social bureaucracy. More tithing and BS. A lot of services where you have to pretend a lot more and agree with the crowds to fit in.

This is nowhere near the end of this list. It's just a sample of what may come. Please everyone, be shallow! Save this wonderful society we live in. I live with poor people. I know how bad it can be.

Save the US Economy please!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I Will never understand why everyone gets so paraniod when the stock market fluctuates, that is what the market does, and those who control it make it do so at their whim and to their benefit. The only "depression" that will hit the U.S. are the ones in your minds. So many people are eager to jump on something like this as a premonition of something bad to come because they are fatalists, the market is stronger now that it was in the early 80's and always drops during election years, suck it up and live on.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Stumpy1]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Damn, now I am really concerned! I might have to work for free and pay double taxes just so women won't be burping in the streets!
Your post had me ROFLMAO.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

This depression has absolutely nothing to do with the stock market as yet, we are not talking about the top salaried people who can afford the extra to invest, that will come soon enough , right now we are just talking about the majority

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Time for the Amero to show up to save us all.

I am sure it will eventually be pushed by the news and politicians in the future.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by ragnarak]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Let's just make it clear as to what will happen if there is a depression in the US. Everything will NOT be okay.

1) No more hotties. The "hottie" ship will have sailed. No makeup. No "Lipstick Jungle."

I disagree.

During the great depression women bought tons of make-up. Don't worry, you'll have tons of pretty whores to gawk at after the central bank burns.

I think you're just trying to scare people into supporting you're point of view windwaker.

Things will be better after the fall, you'll see.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

blame the right people it was started in 1913 and has been allowed to continue until we went off the gold standard. then it was everybody's favorite do nothing president,SLICK WILLIE CLINTON, that deregulated the banks. bush just got the old bildeberger luck to be there at the right time. next comes the taking of the guns and food control,then comes the martial law. the cronology might be wrong but the outcome is still the same.
the only president to ever try to stop the fed was KENNEDY. executive order 11110 gave the US the right to print our own money,the kind that grows. remember the silver certificate? well no president ever repealed that exec order,but not one hasever tried to use it,hence the fact that the first attempt was fatal
remember the good old days when gas was 22cents a gallon? well that horrible monster chavez has gas in his country that still is. is he screwing his own people?
FUNNY HOW YOU GROW UP COMFORTABLY, THEN FIND OUT AT 53 YOU MIGHT JUST DIE POOR IN A 3RD WORLD REVOLUTION!
THE MAIN QUESTION IS,WILL YOU TAKE THE FALSE HELP OR BITE THE HAND THAT OFFERS IT? AFTER ALL THATS THE HAND THAT CREATED THIS

PIGS(THREE DIFFERENT ONES) GOD HELP US

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DwnitsDwn

Yeah, think of all the CEO's, Presidents, and COB's....and upper level executives...all sitting on oneanother's boards, raking in huge obscene sallaries, and even more obscene stock options and packages...as the belt tightens, many will exercise options, then let the cutbacks begin....the middle and lower classes get the shaft, and they all make out like a bandit.

Go on yahoo.com and click on finance, then start looking at some of your favorite US corporations like GM, IBM, Coca-Cola, Boeing, Delta Airlines, Disney, GE etc... then look at the options that the web site offers somewhere there on the left you can click on one of the links and find out who is running things and how much they make yearly and how many shares of the company they have....notice all the brokerage houses....mutual funds for example with large chuncks of American's retirement money invested and this is not going to be covered under FDIC that was put into place after the Great Depression to protect the people from loosing their savings....

yeppers here's the future: more rounds of layoffs...excellerated movements offshore....more cutbacks and pay cuts for everyone not at the top of the pyramid...a weaker dollar...but the golden parachutes by the criminals who run the corporations will still inflate, and they will sail gently off into the sunset and we will be the ones left holding the bag! Mark my words!

God though, think of the mess, if the markets pull down the mutual funds in significant losses...a lot of people are going to loose everything they have. The smart ones will be diversified tremdously between precious metals, foreign currencies, stocks, CD's, Mutual Funds, and perhaps other small investments...the question becomes one of risk; how much can you afford to risk? If you have more in the markets than you can afford, watch out!

[edit on 18-3-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

everybody's favorite do nothing president,SLICK WILLIE CLINTON
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Hey, wasn't this the guy who brought us out of the mess left us by Daddy Bush, and gave us the huge SURPLUS and the boombing economy? LEt's see now, what happened to that surplus, and who's been in charge these past oh, almost 8 years now, and with Republicans in control of all three branches for a good part of this. Got any cool names for some of these guys?

[edit on 18-3-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes, theories out date, but there is still nothing to indicate and start screaming "the sky is falling" over a recession. Depressions don't happen over night.

Just because the stock market is having heavy selling a few times a week still does not indicate a depression is a few years away. Try not to believe everything you read on the internet

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Probably the best post in this thread, which has been overlooked.

Americans have been living well above their means, Petro Dollar has lead to a "unlimited" credit card for the United States. But, the real problem now is the decline of the Dollar and oil rich countries planning to dump it. The US has put pressure on these countries to not alter however it will happen soon.

If the Fed cut rates by 1% then expect the Dollar to fall even more. The currency has lost 6% in the last month (only Sterling is performing worse).

When the United States comes out of the recession, America will be stuck with high inflation and a currency holding little confidence.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i'm of a different mind about what's being played out Now,
not that the past 40 years of Fed policy to create excessive credit expansion hasn't warped the average pesons spending behaviors...

the Fed allowed unregulated bank investment schemes to grow,
the Fed allowed risky loans to be the norm, no income/no job mortgage
money was made avaibable to anyone that could fog a mirror.
All for a reason...(the next phase of cutting the massive debt load)

see.... after the dollars value is cut in half, and the 1 Trillion trade balance
is cut in half, and the cheaper land & commercial property available makes the USA a upper tier place for foreign business to relocate...
the low wage scale and a knowledgeable & trainable workforce will
once again cause more business expansions by the Toyotas & Mercedes plants here in the US...and cause others to open production facilities here in the US.

this is all an engineered destruction of the dollar, not to destroy the USA,
but to rebuild again on the rubble from the manipulated excesses...

with the assimilation of the 5th largest investment bank/brokerage,
( Bear Stearns), the Fed. is tightning its control of every aspect of financial control through its' 12 Central Banks...
expect more big & private banks-brokerages to get felled and assimilated into the Federal Reserve cartel,
as the whole financial system is essentially being nationalized instead of just being laxly regulated.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
ok .. when this group of elitist have destroyed the U.S.A what then ? why destroy your base of operations?

Because their base of operations have always been Europe and since their American experiment is getting out of hand ( far too much popular activism still going on) while their Chinese experiment is going so well they will use the USA for as long as they can with it's inevitable destruction something they know must result sooner or later.

if thier capitalists then they want western society surely

Most of the world is capitalist and not western and capitalism is most profitable for certain classes when the massive majority of given populations can be suppressed by violence and so forced to work for less.

, rather than communism or even a heavily religous government being the dominant force on the planet?.

Because all of those systems are at least as or more profitable than the democracy that has been achieved in many western countries despite the best efforts of the capitalist classes.

They will strip everyone of everything..that catostrophic? so people basically beg for help and except any situation of rule?

Fascism may be understood as corporations controlling the government as much as communism may be understood to be the corporations becoming the government... At least that's what we can deduce from what we have seen happening in fascist/communist societies.

In the end those with control over the resources and industry will seek the best way to control events and will design their means of control accordingly. The more organized and educated people become the less violence you can generally employ to get your way up to the point where the only way you can control them is trough massive applications of violence and or genocidal world wars.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Has it occured to anyone that a market crash now is a whole new ball game than the great depression?

Exactly what percentage of the market right now is actually retirement accounts? Does everyone realize that even most money markets in a retirement account are not FDIC insured?

Think about this a minute. A market crash now could wipe out the retirement accounts of EVERYONE. I just wonder if anyone is thinking about this or the consequences if that were to occur.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Depressions leads to the creation of a large welfare state because citizens become dependent on the government.

I would welcome you to the grand tour of New Orleans Louisiana. We will start by dropping by the FEMA parks (paid by the loving Government). Later we will drop by the underpass at I-10 and Canal where some 200+ people call home. (the lucky ones have tents). And throughout our funfilled day we will doubtless run into the open patrols of National Guard troops. Heck, we might even run into one of the NOPD checkpoints.

Now if your definition of a welfare state is "citizens becoming dependent on their Government" I submit to you that New Orleans is well on its way.

Just because it isn't on your doorstep doesn't mean it isn't happening. But hey, your doing well and your confident so don't worry about people that never did anything for "you" anyway.

63,000 of your fellow Americans lost their jobs last month. 20 million homes are upside down. 1 in 400 Americans are homeless and 1 in 25 in New Orleans.

But don't worry about it. We got this... Sorry to bother you.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

I think a lot of people in the US do not know what it is to live in a depressed society and culture. I know what it is...

1) No more hotties. The "hottie" ship will have sailed. No makeup. No "Lipstick Jungle." The only beautiful women you will see will be on the big screen. (Movie ticket prices will come down, because they will need something to cheer up the population. They use movies to cheer up the poor in India.) There were beautiful women in Ancient Rome. There weren't many beauties during The Dark Ages.

2) Dirty streets and dumber people. The education system will get even worse, and with that comes a generation of children who make really dumb decisions. There will be dirt on the streets, a lot! (I used to live in New Orleans BEFORE Katrina, and I know how things can get in a depressed society.)

3) More lawlessness and bad manners. More people not giving two craps. Women burping and spitting on the street in full view. Missing teeth because of no money for quality orthodontics. No reason to look presentable. (Deodorant will be optional.) People will want to hurt you for no reason, and they will have a lot of muscles because they will work out a lot (Because they have nothing else to do.) Women will have a lot of big and ugly "man tattoos" used to give them a sense of empowerment.

4) No more health food snacks. No more Evian water. No more Starbucks!!! No Soy Lattes or Whole Foods markets! Less and less "webisodes" because they will be expensive to produce. More bad public access shows.

5) Really long lines at McDonalds. In order to make a profit, they will have to cut back on staff. The hamburgers and cheeseburgers will get smaller. To save money, they will get rid of the King Size combo, because every french fry counts.

6) Reductions in basic services. Sanitation trucks will come once a week instead of twice a week. (In India, many cities have no sanitation. They burn their garbage on the streets.) No more 24/7 running water either. Expect more pharmaceuticals and hormones in your water, since it costs money to clean it.

7) Much, much more BS. You think people talk crap now, wait until the depression, when they have to find reasons to justify their miserable existence. Expect to go to more church services. You will need to do this just to meet decent people to befriend or date. There will be a whole lot more social bureaucracy. More tithing and BS. A lot of services where you have to pretend a lot more and agree with the crowds to fit in.

This is nowhere near the end of this list. It's just a sample of what may come. Please everyone, be shallow! Save this wonderful society we live in. I live with poor people. I know how bad it can be.

Do you live in the U.K by any chance? You've just described the average council housing estate.

In some ways I think a depression might be just the thing to get people back to reality. Hopefully there will be no more happy-happy everybody-is-rich-beautiful-successful-yarda-yarda-yrada TV shows that many people think portray real life. I've stared your post.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They don't fear it. They create Inflation periods, recessions, and depressions at will. They created the 1929 Depression starting soon after 1913 when the Federal Reserve was put into play, they had a practice Depression in 1920-1921, then allowed the roaring 20's to lull the American public into a false sense of security, then in 1927 was a secret meeting at the Federal Reserve for final planning, and then it was orchestrated in 1929 on cue. This was followed by the Illuminati setting up a Coup attempt against FDR and the white house [google "plot to seize the white house"], FDR was a part of the same coup for a bigger purpose. At the same time Wall Street funded and materially supported Nazi Germany and Hitler [reference Anthony Sutton; "Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler", included Prescott Bush, Henry Ford, DuPont, Rockefeller, Rothschild to name a few], then FDR provoked japan for WWII with the intention of getting into a war against Germany at the same time. FACT of history...and just a thumbnail sketch.

reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
They don't fear it. They create Inflation periods, recessions, and depressions at will. They created the 1929 Depression starting soon after 1913 when the Federal Reserve was put into play, they had a practice Depression in 1920-1921, then allowed the roaring 20's to lull the American public into a false sense of security, then in 1927 was a secret meeting at the Federal Reserve for final planning, and then it was orchestrated in 1929 on cue. This was followed by the Illuminati setting up a Coup attempt against FDR and the white house [google "plot to seize the white house"], FDR was a part of the same coup for a bigger purpose. At the same time Wall Street funded and materially supported Nazi Germany and Hitler [reference Anthony Sutton; "Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler", included Prescott Bush, Henry Ford, DuPont, Rockefeller, Rothschild to name a few], then FDR provoked japan for WWII with the intention of getting into a war against Germany at the same time. FACT of history...and just a thumbnail sketch.

I agree.

And this is why they are doing it.

"Federal reserve bank to implode 4 years ahead of schedule"
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join