It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street fears for next Great Depression

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

and all this time i have been excpecting a false flag operation from bush , to hijack the elections and impose martial law.

Do u think a TOTAL collapse of the U.S if not the world economy would be grounds to impose martial law?

Maybe they will rule with fear of not eating rather than fear of being attacked. sly very sly NWO

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I've been expecting a national emergency myself which will stop any elections and freeze up the Congress for six months mininum. A lot can happen in six months..

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

European banks including UBS in Switzerland, HBOS in Britain and SocGen in France fell over 10 percent as concern swept markets that the value of risky assets needs to be marked down even further.

In Asia some of Japan's biggest banks also fell

The ripple is starting to be felt all over the globe
Lets hope the splashing stops soon..

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The danger comes from the things that stem from the collapse. Food riots are almost a certainty. Neighbors will kill neighbors to feed their own. theses kinds of things could lead to martial law to restore order.

As far as the gold goes. It is not enough to collect precious metals, you must also have a store of food and firearms. You could in a worst type scenario trade metal for say food, but the idea is to sit on it if you can so that when a new economic system emerges you can enter it with a proven source of wealth.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Don't be dramatic. Only the rich ones will feel this, no one else. Well, in my country, Hungary for sure. We already have the taxes of 70%, so we're already used to it. And we're living almost the same life what the citizens of the U.S. do. We have pretty nice large houses, cars, computers, internet, we're travelling to Seychelles, Canada or Thailand, we have investments... and with 70% of taxes with an average salary of 300-500USD / month. So, life will not stop if something will be a bit expensive. What are the taxes in the U.S.? 40-42%? Not so much. You just need to get used to the new way of life.

Remember. Whose jumped from the buildings back in the 1930s? Not the people of the middle and the low class. Our golden age will start right now.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What do you expect to happen to this nation's economy when it has such an evil & sloppy government ruling over it? We should expect chaos & suffering when we have such a bad government.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Personally, I'm not going to trade any food, water, ammo, etc. for any piece of metal, and I honestly don't believe many other people would either.

What makes gold so valuable anyhow? It's useless for anything but jewelry, and I doubt anyone will be concerned about how snazzy they look during an economic collapse. Every survival show or story I've ever read people always become obsessed with food. In reality it's at the bottom of the list of priorities with shelter, water, and fire coming in first.

[edit on 3/17/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chad Andrew

Do you believe that only your country has evil government? Check youtube, search pattern "Justice for Hungary". That was two years ago, but we had the same two days ago (And few times between those days.). The only difference between the U.S. and Hungary, that we're natural born freedom fighters, whose are fighting and taking back what is rightfully ours. The Russians just praised our nation that we're the ones, whose are always in the front line and we're the ones, whose are not sitting and waiting, watching as our country is being ruled by some corporations and greedy banks. They're just getting off from our country after we had a molotov cocktail battle two days ago. The Government is also afraid of the people. Remember. You're the people. No one is ruling on you (See your constitution. It's almost the same as the Hungarian. Well. You Americans learned a lot from us. Most of your famous phrases are Hungarian.).

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

With all do respect. I do not feel that I was dramatic enough. We have a little group here called "yuppies" and they are not going to take to kindly to waking up one morning to find that they have been lied to and their stores of wealth are now (when it happens) worthless. I read a report that currently one in 400 Americans are homeless. 20 million homes are currently under water (upside down). At least 63,000 jobs were lost last month (and it continues).

This all stemmed from an "evil" system of banking. And worse yet these fools will likely draw us into a confrontation with Iran to stimulate their system. Steel coins are about to be minted.

The Americans right to pursue their happiness has been undermined by a system that seeks to destroy this country and quite possibly the world. In America you have the right to succeed, equally you have the right to fail, but when someone predetermines that path it is not going to be widely appreciated.

Every facet of Martial law has been set up and for what we wonder.

No my friend I do not feel that I was adequately dramatic enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Steel coins just like in the depression.. The more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Honestly, that's going to happen if you don't fight. What do you think? If you're crying, it's going to change anything? We're continuously fighting. And what we achieved? Free health care and free schools. What these bastards wanted to sell to some Israeli investors. And how did we achieve this? Because we had the courage to fight back. We're a small nation with 10 million people. But we was able to hold together, stand up as one and said NO to the thieves in the government. When they tried to corner us with hired security members sponsored by Israel (Yes, it's called InKal security), we fought back. They wanted martial law. And what they got? Molotov cocktails.

It's our nation. And we're not going to let anyone, not to foreign nations, not even to our thief, cheater Government to take away, what is rightfully ours. I would suggest to start to meditate on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

HSPD 51 NPSD 21 my friend, i think thats all we need to look at. So who here thinks that we could be looking at bush's plan to stay in office unfolding.....Uggh, this sends shivers up my spine...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ugh. I hope it can hold on a while longer. I haven't bought any Euros yet, was going to do that tomorrow, and I was going to buy silver with my return.

Hold on economy! Just a few more months!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

In truth friend I applaud your actions and quite frankly it fills me with hope for "our" nation. how you were able to unite and coordinate an effective rebellion I would love to know. this idea has surely been kicked around but thus far unsuccessfully.

It has become quite clear that peaceful methods of redress have not and show no signs of ever being effective here. A quote comes to mind:

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.”

- John F. Kennedy

[edit on 17-3-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
once i knew what i was to become
but i am becoming something i didnt expect
i dont respect the receptacle i throw my trash into
i could win through staunch gauntlet nonsense
i want to win the losers illusory fusion movement
please make me real in the realest sense pensive
take my strings and play the puppet brother
i am a sister listless resistance missive
please give me a little time to become the sun
i will be the moon sooner than you wanted
stronger than the titans clashing in fashion
mask the betrayer and slay the soothsayer
groove greater than time spent in solitary
protect the nexus as part of the prime directive
turn your inflection inward sinner
thinner and thinner

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

We have an old phrase: "One common goal may unite nations."

In these sort of situations, unfortunately there are no peaceful resolution. We tried. That was the first step. Then the Government sent app. 2500 police men against their own people. Hungarian against Hungarian. The citizens had no other option, but to fight, resist, but we didn't hurt our own people. That was a long night. When the Government realized that we're not going to fight against our own people, they've called in the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces), some renegade elements from foreign nations and hired Security Guards with foreign interests. That also doesn't worked. We Hungarians are resisting better if someone wants to step over us. The better they're doing, the better we're resisting. And why? Because we have a common goal. It's in our vein.

Hungarians are already formed their national guard squadron in all of our counties, with app. 5000-10000 member and that number will be doubled within weeks. They're legally working Freedom Fighters, that from the Government is really afraid. They're under the protection of our constitution. Now, after the people with foreign interests are afraid of them, they're calling as Nazis, renegades, terrorists, whatever. The truth is, that's the resistance. Remember. Nowadays, whose are called on this way... not they're the bad guys. They're fighting for the sovereignty and freedom of your country, be it in my country, or in the U.S. I already seeing many groups in the U.S., whose are trying to unite their powers to regain your country. And as I experienced, there is also two fractions in your military. One which is on the side of the constitution, and one, whose are trying to serve foreign interests. The last one will fail.

One last and the most important thing. Trust in the mighty power of the Guardian Angels of your country. Maybe it's sound stupid for the first round, but these bastards are afraid of them. Trust me. They're afraid them in my country too. That's why they want to destroy all of their statues. But my country is under their protection. They cannot harm Hungary, nor even the Hungarian people. And they're giving strength to us. That's why we didn't have ANY casualties in the last two years at all (Light and medium injuries is around 400 in overall in various clashes.).

ON: All of the stocks are in minus and continuously dropping. Well. Maybe this will reach the top earlier then anyone is estimated.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of propagada to make the average person get scared. Stocks where high, now they're down; it's just a cycle and a manipulation of stock prices. This is the time to be buying, the market isn't going to crash and we're not heading into a great depression. All the stocks you wanted that you thought where to high are now on sale; and, when they go up, you can reap the rewards. This is why I look forward to graduating college, getting a decent job and investing heavily so I can make a fortune.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
What makes gold so valuable anyhow? It's useless for anything but jewelry, and I doubt anyone will be concerned about how snazzy they look during an economic collapse.

[edit on 3/17/08 by LLoyd45]

Oh really, How about all the gold in electronic applications. Gold and silver are some of the best electrical conductors. In fact your PC or laptop would be much slower with out the gold and silver connections.

Of course if there is a complete economic meltdown, there will be no internet, phone or other reason to continue to manufacture high tech anything. Everyone will be trying to protect their food and worrying about what to do with all the human refuse that is bound to pile up when all the
infrastructure goes down.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If the banks closed tomorrow and the power went our, if the gas pumps stopped, what could we do?

Canned food is fine (assuming no one gets hungry enough to kill you for it. But what about medications? Water (potable, that is)? Will people fight each other for resources? You bet.

The 'doomsday' scenario is one in which the US Government has given itself the mandate to control everything. So, yes, this could lead to martial law. But I don't think they would get very far telling Pvt. Billy Smith or Sgt. Janey Doe that they have to go kill US civilians to keep them in line is going to work very well.

Enter Privately funded Armies or UN 'peace keepers'. Military powers for 'urban pacification'. Convenient, no?

The real problem will occur where population density is too high.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Economic recession? Yes,
Economic depression? far from it.

There are more industrialised countries than there was in the 1930s. An economic depression is just a recession that lasts over a long period of time, there is no indications this is about to happen now.

We are in for a tough 18 - 24 months, but there is no signs of a depression. As I said in a previous thread, the fed increased rates and that triggered the depression. Central banks are cutting rates now.

It is more likely a 1970s stagflation will return.

The same doom and gloom was predicated during the 1987 crash and it did not happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join