It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Makers - Mormon Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just watched this film on Mormonism, it's pretty shocking. Mormon men believe they become Gods and have constant sex with untold numbers of wives for all eternity in heaven. Oh boy... I thought that was reserved to the suicide bombers. It's even worse than that, check out the documentary:
video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Interesting but that sound like the Islamic radical believe of the 72
virgins.

I am no familiar with the Mormon personal divine believes as in the after life, I know about only the history of his founder so this is very interesting indeed.

Is another thread taking about them looking for links to native Americans and the lost tribes of Israel.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well good news Marg! There are no women in hell because you are all needed upstairs to service the men
I swear that's what it said...

They also believe in blood atonement. Meaning that Jesus sacrifice on the cross wasn't enough to cover some sins (like marrying a negro) so it is up to the church to kill that member thus atoning for his sin and saving him from hell. Gee thanks fellas!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well I knew they have some views that are not your normal Christian views, but this all new to me.

Thanks for the information, all I remember is seen them in bicycles doing the lords work.

Correct me if I am wrong but no all Mormons follow the practice of polygamy, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well there original prophet Joesph Smith said men had to be polygamists to be good Mormons. See you have to create your subjects for when you become a God in the afterlife. But the polygamy doctrine was updated by a "further prophetic revelation" coincidentally at the very same time the United states Government was taking them to court for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You got a nice sence of humor Bigwhammy

I think that is more now that they are fighting with all the scandal that are plaguing them.

Remember this one.

Mormon Scandal The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is now finding itself the subject of lawsuits for sexual abuse. Like the incidents within the Catholic Church, Mormon officials are accused of knowing about the abuse, not reporting it to the police, and trying to contain the information. NPR's Howard Berkes says dozens of lawsuits are now being prepared against the Mormon Church.

shunn.livejournal.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thanks Marg... they are pretty ridiculous but I guess it is more sad than funny. In that video I posted there are victims of that sort of abuse interviewed. One woman who was interviewed for the documentary was shot dead a couple days after giving her testimony. Blood atonement I suppose...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'll tell ya what, BigWhammy. One of my best friends is Mormon and we have all sorts of long talks about religion and scripture and I can ASSURE you there is no such belief by regular LDS members that even remotely resembles that which you linked to.
Now, there are a few fundamentalist Mormon offshoots that may be a bit "over the top" when it comes to interpretation of Joseph Smith's denomination.
But, every religion has it's gung-ho offshoots. The Mormons have theirs as well. Straight-up Mormons are real, good, very hard working, prepared for anything, Christians. They study the Old and New Testaments and their own Book of Mormon.
Why don't you spend some time looking into the FACTS about Mormons instead of bringing in this stuff.
This, IMO, is sludge.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I believe you that there are some very good people who are Mormons. But they are not Christians. I hate to tell you those are facts.Mormonism directly contradicts the Bible.

For instance they believe God was once a human man...
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1979, p.345: "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man."

Now the real Bible
"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (numbers 23:19)

So how can hey believe God is an exalted man and believe the Bible. They make it up as they go along.

[edit on 3/16/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, it's like I have good athiest and agnostic friends too, although we have to agree to disagree and still be friends. Or like I have a wiccan friend too. But I still don't believe any of those beliefs are true. We all have our own belief systems through either our up-bringing or our own research. I got both...Christian upbringing which I rebelled against, and then my own research to find the truth.

However, having said that, I don't see why bringing things to light hurts anything unless a person is super sensitive about their belief system...and I guess there are those who are. I've been a witness to that also.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That movie is interviewing people who were once Mormons, mostly women victims. There are so many contradictions between the Bible and the Book of Mormon that whole websites exist to enlighten those who would be deceived.
They are welcome to their faith, just do not call it Christian.

Bible and Book of Mormon Contradictions

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I'll tell ya what, BigWhammy. One of my best friends is Mormon and we have all sorts of long talks about religion and scripture and I can ASSURE you there is no such belief by regular LDS members that even remotely resembles that which you linked to.
Now, there are a few fundamentalist Mormon offshoots that may be a bit "over the top" when it comes to interpretation of Joseph Smith's denomination.
But, every religion has it's gung-ho offshoots. The Mormons have theirs as well. Straight-up Mormons are real, good, very hard working, prepared for anything, Christians. They study the Old and New Testaments and their own Book of Mormon.
Why don't you spend some time looking into the FACTS about Mormons instead of bringing in this stuff.
This, IMO, is sludge.

Cuhail

Sorry, but I HAVE studied.
The offshoots are the current Mormons. Those that adhere to the original book, un-altered by political aspirations, lawsuits and "new revelations" just prior to some scandal are considered outcasts.
Yes, most Mormons are upstanding citizens (I happen to be related to a few), but they are not "true" mormons. They drink caffeinated beverages, smoke a cigar on occasion, and buy condoms. Out of sight of others in their congregation, of course. They believe that Jesus is "spirit brother" to Lucifer, that when they die they get to be god of their own planet and get to populate it, and grace by the sacrifice of Jesus isn't enough to get your eternal reward, as well as the existence of "other gods".

Yes, some things posted about them all over the place are innacurate or downright lies, but the above I posted is fact.
Ask your friend or read the book of mormon and the concurances.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Do the Mormons believe they are the only ones that will enter Heaven? I think I have heard that before, but I would like someone like yourself to make that sure for me.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't know about blood atonement, polygamy or being able to have sex with your many wives in heaven. I do know that i lived in Salt Lake City long enough to develop a real affinity for the Mormon people, much moreso than any other branch of Christianity. They are LESS hypocritical and judgemental than other christians in my experience.

I do know that Mormons believe you essentially get your own "world" to rule over (like God does this world) when you pass on.

Polygamy is reserved for country Mormons who aren't ready to let go of old traditions. In Joe Smith's time polygamy may have been a great idea considering the rough conditions people had to endure, shorter lifespans, etc. Procreation may have been much more necessary 150 years ago than it is today, because those people were in more immediate danger than they are now.

Mormonisn is just as screwed up as any other religion. Religion is translated by men, and we are certainly not without our flaws. Makes sense to me that a religion created by man might also be flawed.

I'll just go on the record and say the Mormon sect of christianity is far and away my favorite. I moved there when i was 18 without a place to live or a job. I had one friend who got excommunicated from the church for her relationship with me. Her family was pretty upset but it wasn't long before they completely took me in. I remember Thanksgiving that year, they had the entire family at the house, probably 50 people and dinner was in the basement because there just wasn't enough room to put all the tables. As dinner was being prepared, every single person stood up and announced what they were thankful for.

I still can't believe i shed a tear that day, and i'm still embarassed about that! But i have to say, i've never been more touched at how accepting they were of me in their family. I'm not with that girlfriend anymore but we remain the closest of friends, and her mother continues to ask after me. I just love those people.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just to back up what I said in the OP.

The book Gospel Principles is used by the LDS church to train new converts. The last chapter is titled "Exaltation" and explains this concept, "Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life God lives. He lives in great glory. He is perfect. He possesses all knowledge and all wisdom. He is the father of spirit children. He is a creator. WE CAN BECOME GODS LIKE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. THIS IS EXALTATION" (pp.289,290).

Moreover, another Mormon apostle, Orson Pratt, declared, "We have now clearly shown that GOD THE FATHER HAD A PLURALITY OF WIVES, one or more being in eternity, by whom He begat our spirits as well as the spirit of Jesus His first born, AND ANOTHER BEING UPON THE EARTH BY WHOM HE BEGAT THE TABERNACLE [PHYSICAL BODY] OF JESUS, as His only begotten in this world" (quoted in Tanners, p.227).

source

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Okee doke.

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by Cuhail

I believe you that there are some very good people who are Mormons. But they are not Christians. I hate to tell you those are facts.Mormonism directly contradicts the Bible.

My friend, the Mormon, has indicated to me that you may be part right...in a sense. The church he attends though, is The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter-Day Saints. Tough for me to refer to it as not Christan, but, I get the feeling that they, unlike most Christian denominations, looked a bit farther than just Christ. "Christ" is still "Christ", but, there was information that most Christian denoms won't go past because they stopped the bus at Christ. The book of Mormon tells of (as I understand it) the "Lost tribes" of Israel that went to the American Continent. I won't bash them for looking for more truths, as they see it. When is more information a bad thing?

For instance they believe God was once a human man...Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1979, p.345: "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man."

This refers to the belief by most Christians that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one entity and Jesus, as a Man, was God. Jesus walked on Earth, as a MAN and hence, Joseph Fielding Smith wasn't revealing anything strange, but, common belief.

Originally posted by gotrox

Sorry, but I HAVE studied.
The offshoots are the current Mormons. Those that adhere to the original book, un-altered by political aspirations, lawsuits and "new revelations" just prior to some scandal are considered outcasts.
Yes, most Mormons are upstanding citizens (I happen to be related to a few), but they are not "true" mormons. They drink caffeinated beverages, smoke a cigar on occasion, and buy condoms. Out of sight of others in their congregation, of course. They believe that Jesus is "spirit brother" to Lucifer, that when they die they get to be god of their own planet and get to populate it, and grace by the sacrifice of Jesus isn't enough to get your eternal reward, as well as the existence of "other gods".

Yes, some things posted about them all over the place are innacurate or downright lies, but the above I posted is fact.
Ask your friend or read the book of mormon and the concurances.

I will certainly ask. They are good questions. I always need good questions to ask him. The talks go on for hours.

post by The Cyfre

AWESOME summary. Starred. This is the same I could report of my friend's Family. We live very close to the Great Lakes Naval Base and every year they would invite 25 sailors into their home for Thanksgiving because they were away from their own. Awesome people. Whatever way they worship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still think the OP posted this in ignorance. Modern Mormanism isn't Original Mormonism. The "extra wives" was adopted after the massacres in the 1800 where thousands(?) of Mormons were hunted and killed for their "alternate" beliefs. The surviving men brought the wives and families of their slain Mormon brothers into the folds of their own families. There were also some instances of Poligamy to re-populate the Church.
It was stopped before 1900 by Mormon Law. As I understand it.

I just think this Original Post spreads un-needed division between people.

"Hate the Mormons! They're evil because....(fill in "reason" here). This time it's this.

Meh, think what you want. I just disagree.

Cuhail

[edit on 3/17/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I finished looking at the video and is a side of the Mormons I had no clue that was so cultist in nature.

Most of the time all I have heard is rumors and deviations but that happens n any religion.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

No they believe God the Father was a human once...

Joseph Smith declares the Mormon doctrine of God, "GOD HIMSELF WAS ONCE AS WE ARE NOW AND IS AN EXALTED MAN and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! ..."

Joseph Smith continues, "It is the first principle of the gospel to know for a certainty the character of God and to know that HE WAS ONCE A MAN LIKE US; yea, that God Himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did; and I will show it from the Bible."

source

Notice he says the same as Jesus Christ so he is talking about the Father not Christ. This is not in agreement with the Bible.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I notice that the site you linked is an anti-Morman site and completely partial. They source nothing but some quotes from Joseph Smith and other Mormon speakers. There's no reference to any of the things they are talking about there and looks IMO, to be, maybe, out of context, to, maybe, slant to the anti-Morman site's point of view.
Hell, it could of been Joseph Smith and Elder Tom having a conversation in the two-seat outhouse behind the Church. I don't know. So I can't really take those quotes and address them. It's an interesting site and there is some things to check out in the BoM and Holy Bible, but, I'm not looking until tomorrow.

You can throw stuff like this out all day, but, I wonder if there is an IMpartial site that looks a little closer than the one you linked.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I will say most Mormons I've met are very moral and well behaved people. That movie got me kind of riled up. I am not trying to bash them as human beings. However, it is my opinion that Joesph Smith was a con man. The Bible warns against anyone coming with another Gospel.

"As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!(Gal 1:9)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join