It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
reply to post by Totalstranger

Yeah, me too! Hey! My eyes are blue... am I a product of a Masonic conspiracy?

I'm sure it will come as a great surprise that the Blues were created by the Masons to those hardy souls that developed their style in the Mississippi delta...that Robert Johnson...he was a Mason and we never knew about it!! I wonder how many other Masons died alone and in poverty??

Anyway...to the topic at hand...I've heard the the Gregorian chants that the monks engaged in were somehow "sacred" tones.

You must be LOL. My first name is actually Miller and my grandfather was a freemason, albeit in Trenton MI

Still if I had the time and energy I could figure out many masonic things in all music. Dont masons use a skull? skull=death=death metal. thus Morbid Angel=Masonic. and Morbid ANGEL? how about Morbid ANGLE? angles=masonic. I'm still waiting for his answers about the Doors though. it should be more interesting than what I can cook up
[edit on 3/17/08 by themillersdaughter]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Relationship between plants and other life, especially animals might be a place to start the search.

Personally, this is how I view it:

Plants operate on a fairly direct relationship with the sun and the rays that travel here to help them thrive. Those energy rays are uV light, but follow the physics and the mathematics of those energy waves and you'll find yourself back to the energy of sound. Vibrations.

Now, plants have the means of converting this energy into food by altering the chemical structure of molecules within them.

Why is it so hard to believe that music, some music at least and the right kind for the right person, wouldn't also have an effect of altering cellular or molecular structure in people? At the very least, music has the ability, in my view, to facilitate the body's ability to heal...and healing is a natural direction for the human body as it naturally wants to be whole, to be in one piece.

Why is this hard to believe? Logically, we're born to live, although entropy is inevitable. Logically, our vessel is there to support our success and (as far as success goes) reproduction and continued existence here...wherever here might be.

Music represents a reference for the energies that are available to our cells, to our minds and to the larger musings of society. This reference is an expression of the deeper order that exists, and it is expressible by everyone. Everything can understand the energy that sound and sound waves represent....Rocks will crumble from the energy of excessive noise, our minds devolve into stress from the chaos of loud sounds and noise, plants seem to grow well along the sides of interstate highways (but I believe this is from a consistent and constant hum from tires in the low frequency spectrum...)

The point is, music is a higher order of organized sound that our nerves can relate to directly...and the firing of the synapses in our brains respond directly to this and mirror it as if a call and response is taking place...instinctively and intuitively - regardless of how we are able to reproduce music (i.e., speak the language....we can still understand it).

Call me corny, but I think Spielberg had it right in "Close Encounters..." The aliens will likely appeal to our senses, if they aren't busy exterminating us from this planet, by way of some sort of music or musical interface...among other communication means. Light communincation is direct, but it is so fast that the interpretation of the message can, in my estimation, be lost in the flickering of messages directly toward our cerebral cortex.

Wow, I just looked up...posted more than I wanted! That's my 83 cents.....

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

I enjoy synchronicity-studies as much as you do and enjoyed your conspiracy-minded "the writings on the wall" stuff...but you might be taking it a bit too far. Or, alternatively these things may be happeníng not deliberately (in a conspiracy-sense) but subconsciously from collective memory or something. Or what is it you see in my blue avatar?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxpageant
I have just finished a book entitled "Interference: The History and Theory of Harmonic Science". During the research for this, I came to understand the formation of life to be a function of harmonic resonance and damping. For instance, all of the cardioid shapes are due to a specific double Gaussian equation applied recursively. Within this interference pattern are two frequency damping locations at golden ratio proportions to a central axis. This exists throughout the body, including the brain and ears. In fact, the entire body can be constructed through twelve recursive phi-spaced damping rings, each corresponding to a harmonic frequency. There is actually a Hilbert function to describe the space within which this occurs and equations to generate this structure, which is compatible with current theories for Lattice QCD in quantum mechanics. Our brain is a standing wave the creates a hologram [Pribram/Bohm] and our ears act as lenses to "unwind" harmonic proportions into component harmonic proportions for pattern recognition by brain....

This is a reason I opened this thread...I dont understand what you and others are talking about. Could you put your post into layman terms or perhaps point to types of music that are deemed beneficial by researchers like you?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I enjoy synchronicity-studies as much as you do and enjoyed your conspiracy-minded "the writings on the wall" stuff...but you might be taking it a bit too far. Or, alternatively these things may be happeníng not deliberately (in a conspiracy-sense) but subconsciously from collective memory or something. Or what is it you see in my blue avatar?

That's right, your avatar is black and blue too... you're obviously part of the conspiracy ;-) I know most of you think I'm stretching it and going too far, but if you only knew how deep the rabbit hole actually goes... check out:

www.thebravenewworldorder.com

and

labyrinthofthepsychonaut.blogspot.com...

spend some time watching their vids and clicking on their linked blogs. I'm just scratching the surface.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
It depends on your definition of music. If you expand your conception of what geometry and music fundamentally are (take literal sound out of the picture), you realize the entire universe literally is nothing but more and less organized geometry and music, music being like geometry in motion, and geometry being like frozen music.

We know the smallest particles by their various vibrations and cycles (creating a rhythm). The largest bodies in our universe are known both by their geometries and also their periods and cycles. Every day the Sun rises on a regular rhythm, and the Moon has its regular cycles. The overlapping of a Sun cycle and 12 Moon cycles roughly "harmonize" to give us our year, in the same way different frequencies of air pressure may overlap and harmonize. Every morning (and evening) millions of Americans pour onto our interstates like asphalt tributaries building into a thick stream of metals, plastics and flesh. The people think they act on their own free will, but they're subject to an intense music, caught in "the system." Experiencing everything without names, but only forms and shapes and colors, everything in creation is art for you to behold.

There is some imo profound stuff contained in what you are writing here, to say the least

They have a physical effect at least, in that sounds we can't hear hit us as pressure waves the same as sound we can hear. They just change at frequencies our ears aren't designed to detect. Sometimes if you can't hear it, you can still feel it (as is increasingly the case with "non-lethal" weapons).

Very important. Influences we cannot detect with our regular senses can still be "felt".

Now, since you sound like you know what you are talking about, here´s a question:

Do you think the mood the musician had while composing/producing a song, transfers to the audience? I mean not only the intended mood of the song or the music itself, but the mood of the musician.

And another one: What would be a defense against sonic weapons?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

A lot of what he is talking about deals with QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT. These small units of energy that control the body. A lot of it deals with tones and frequencies, communication signals to the body by photons, particle wave travel throughout the bodies electromagnetic field.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

A lot of what he is talking about deals with QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT. These small units of energy that control the body. A lot of it deals with tones and frequencies, communication signals to the body by photons, particle wave travel throughout the bodies electromagnetic field.

Yes, while Ive read all about all of this, in order to truly GRASP it as it relates to music, I hope he will be forthcoming with some pictursque analogies.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I produce music myself and Im looking for ways to improve the positive effect of what I make. I will be toying with the binaural method a bit (having been a user of it myself).

Another thing Im looking for:

3-Dimensional Sound. I once heard Spielberg toying with the idea to go beyond "dolby surround" to create a 3-D-Sound environment.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodacre

Some say that the following sounds have intensely beneficial effects:

1. Birds whistling
2. Dolphins/Whales
3. Ocean waves

I use them generously in my music because they make me "feel right", but its curious that hardly any official studies on the actual effects of these sounds have been conducted.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
what I want to know is what is exactly happening or going on when I can hear just one certain version of a song or even sometimes just a guitar lead drop in (long live mikey houser and WSP) and then ill get this kinda feeling or a "charge" up my body sometimes in different ways and then my hair will stand up on my arms and I get "goose bumps" I have been to well over 100 wsp shows bout 80 string cheese incident shows IDO if this happens to everyone im sure others but for the longest time I have always called it "chakra charges" its weird one thing that ALWAYS gives me them is jimmy doing the star spangled banner the last morning of woodstock

basically who else gets this? and what do you think physically could be going on?

if anything it basically proves the influence of music over the human body.

whats really weird was hearing roebuck pops staples on wag the dog (movie yesterday) really made all the hair stand up and goose bumps all over didnt even know who he was but his voice just shot right up my spine?? so sometimes it happens when I havent even heard a song before

great post skyfloating!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

There´s no limit to how far down the rabbit hole goes of course. But its also a question of how far down one wants to go. If I still want to function properly in society, I´d put some limits to it, if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

Absolutely. Music is a mood-tool, an energy-shifter, an emotional firestarter. Even people who are emotionally dead can still get some "feeling" out of music. It can be a guitar-riff starting in conjunction with a movie-scene...it can be a high-pitched string...it can be anything.

I get this a lot. And it seems to work even better with pictures (in a movie). We all know the experience of watching a movie...then the melancholy soundtrack kicks in...and we´re hypnotically swept away.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I am a musician too and I kinda have spent welp an amazing amount of time going to string cheese incident/Grateful Dead/Widespread Panic type of shows and subsequently I often (not always) partake in some of the finer mind altering substances and...

well in order to make a long story short once in santa fe I became the spirit eagle (this is during the concert lol and no i was not trying to fly around or jump off some cliff and hurt myself) and it was one of the most amazing spiritual moments of my life (i even wrote a philosophy paper in college about it in college) and then another night while in colorado I somehow managed to pulse light energy from my solar plexus out into the universe, and while I was doing this Im pretty sure I saw my "galactic umbilical cord" or for lack of a better way to put it, I saw and felt a rope/cord kinda made of light "tugging at me" and uhh bare with me here it seemed to go into the center of the universe or to a place I cant even explain just out there.

NOW

was it the music and the people and the place and the substances or just the substances? those were not the only times I had partaken in the more shamanic substances and like I said before I have been to hundreds of shows... so that leads me to believe it was with the help of the music the influence of it.

Im pretty sure I am right here but most shamanic rituals involving mind altering substances from the central to south american and even in the east the shamans/priests chant or repeat certain tones kinda like a gregorian chant? could what I experienced be influenced the same way? are modern day hippy concerts just new massive shamanic orgies??

whoa did I really just admit that to the intertubes? if anything its another perspective on how music can cause an reaction, or greatly influence it.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

Well...if you´re in a really mellowed-out state you can feel stuff like this with music alone.

The more dulled my senses are, the more stuff I´ll need to exeprience something. Then I´ll need a concert, crowds, substance, etc.

Thats my take on it anyway. Analogy: "When I was a teenager it was enough to show me a bikini for me to get aroused".

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am a true believer of how music has such HUGE influence over our "soul"! Recently lot of talk about this, here are few links to some interesting videos!

Bringing matter to life with sound
youtube.com...

The Secret Life of Plants
video.google.ca...

Dr. Len Horowitz
youtube.com...

Plus few threads on ATS on this subject! Very interesting, tnx for starting this thread!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxpageant

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Also interesting you brought up "Pineal Gland" that's what causes us to dream the chemical called '___'! What's interesting is that chemical is also found in plants, upon smoking, well you see the 4th dimension as well as other beings (personal experience). Pineal Gland is still a mystery to scientists but it has something to do with where we come from and where we go as the brain recreates a lot of '___' at birth/death! It is very interesting how sound frequencies can be involved with this!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

doode that secret life of plants movie is one of the coolest things I have ever seen I have read bout clive baxter and some of the stuff around that but what a trip back in time and stevie wonder lol weird!

yeah when I was talking bout what I saw/experienced above it was '___'
or what the heady kids call deemsters, careful though kiddos I have seen some people go through some really intense birth/death experiences while on the stuff....

go check out the band "tool" and the connection to alex grey thats something to think bout....

(oddly enough two bands that use alex grey's work are string cheese incident and tool very different spectrums of music)

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911fnord
reply to post by freighttrain

doode that secret life of plants movie is one of the coolest things I have ever seen I have read bout clive baxter and some of the stuff around that but what a trip back in time and stevie wonder lol weird!

yeah when I was talking bout what I saw/experienced above it was '___'
or what the heady kids call deemsters, careful though kiddos I have seen some people go through some really intense birth/death experiences while on the stuff....

go check out the band "tool" and the connection to alex grey thats something to think bout....

(oddly enough two bands that use alex grey's work are string cheese incident and tool very different spectrums of music)

Wicked dude, ya I tried Salvia and trying to get '___', but my Salvia trip was AMAZING! I had the 30x which was the strongest they had on my first trip, closed my eyes and everything starting breaking up and falling apart in front of me, closed my eyes and through my forehead (third eye) I saw more then when my eyes were open.

Started seeing this HUGE forest appearing right beside me, in my living room (incredibly real, it was like a virtual reality, more real then imagining, I felt the temperature of the tree when I touched it), I kept saying out loud "amazing", over and over (it was more of an experiment, my buddy was documenting it all) this overwhelming feeling of "love" that I keep hearing took over.

I was 100% in control so I wanted to see more. As I was sitting on the ground I tilted to my left to see over this tree that was blocking my view and I fell out of my body
but it was still good, then saw this glowing light jumping between trees heading towards me, got this real good feeling about it. As if it was just playing, seem very happy, leaned behind this broken tree in front of me and leaned out just like me, as if it was making fun of me.

Without saying a single word it was talking to me .. somehow. It knew me VERY WELL, so i said "but you can't know me that well, you're not me, you're out there I'm here", then it smiled (somehow) and said "but I am YOU" and somehow smiled, I paused and said, "but how", it said "everything is YOU, we're all ONE"! I got this amazing feeling of really understanding what it was saying, and realized what all these guys been saying "Terence Mckenna, Alex Grey, etc..." about us and the universe being ONE.

Then came back to it, and guess what I was listening to... yap, TOOL! Seen them live few times, something with their music puts me in a trance of a type, must be the frequency of the sound or something . Anyhow going to open a thread on my trip in more detail and image, as soon as I do my first '___'!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hi Skyfloating!
Another great thread! Kudos, Star and flag to you! You might have noticed that I recently opened a thread on ATS about sound frequencies and their effects on us. Effects on plants are also mentioned. In various links, the Law of Attraction is also tied in. I was so hoping that you would see the thread and give your wise input. I have been keeping tabs on your tremendously successful thread on LOA.
To some this might seem to be off-topic. But if they saw the links that tied a lot of these together, they would see how it all ties in.
I respect your opinions and insights on these subjects. I can see that you are not only well-studied, but long-practised.
If you care to take a look at what I am talking about, here is the thread. When I have more time, I will try to find the exact link that ties in with LOA.
Thank you so much.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join