It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Mysteries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All the questionmarks I have on the topic of music justify opening a thread. If any of you out there have the answers to some of these questions, im interested in hearing them.

1. It is said that different types of music have different types of effects on plants or even create different types of "energy-forms". I never quite understood this though. What is the extent of effects of different types of music on living beings?

2. The standard 80-120 BPM we hear on the radio everyday was, in ancient times, used in magic rituals to invoke trance and spirits. How are we affected by pop, R&B, hip hop, rock that we hear on a daily basis?

3. I once read on ATS about the standard 44Hz being a disadvantageous frequency, but never quite understood why. Who knows more?

3. How are "binaural sounds" and "brainwave entrainment" or "hemisphere synchronisation" sounds produced? What is the technique of making so-called "alpha, theta, delta-state-inducing" sounds?

4. Do sounds we cannot hear (extra low and extra high) have an effect on our brains or immune system?

5. Do you think that messages encoded into a song that we cant hear or are played backwards so that we dont recognize them (subliminals) really have an effect? I somehow doubt this.

6. Do you think the music-industry is controlled to suppress mind-freeing pieces of art while disseminating junk? Or are they simply responding to the highest demand?

7. What is with all the claims that certain types of music can heal? What is only marketing-ploy and what is truly effective?

8. Ive heard a lot about specific ways in which Dolphins use sounds but never quite understood how or what is so signifcant about it. Anyone know more?

9. How is the military wanting to use sound as a weapon?

10. What are some other music secrets or things must people are not aware of concerning music?

Thanks in advance for interesting conversations.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is a Real good link on it.

www.causeof.org...

Yes the music of life is in different tones, frequencies and pitches. But so is the destruction of life.

Skyfloating, you are doing a good job buddy, keep it up.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Now thats really a helpful link. Theta/Alpha waves induced by TV and Internet to cause not only entertainment but also entrainment.

I´ll be reading. Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

More then welcome, I am glad People Know it's the sound/music that gives life its dance.

Sound can be a very life giving and life taking instrument. Wisdom needed when its chords are strung.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by menguard]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of really good questions there. I'll answer the ones I feel I can give a semi-decent answer to and leave the rest for others.

3. How are "binaural sounds" and "brainwave entrainment" or "hemisphere synchronisation" sounds produced? What is the technique of making so-called "alpha, theta, delta-state-inducing" sounds?

As I understand it, the theory behind binaural beats is that by producing two slightly different tones between left and right stereo signals, when listened on headphones the brain will 'bridge the gap' between the frequencies and will be set to operate at the frequency of difference between the two sounds.

I'm not a scientist and don't have any scientific studies to prove or disprove, but the wiki page on binaural beats (en.wikipedia.org...) has a lot of good info on the theory, and I have personally found the Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience useful for meditation (these meditation 'tapes' are a combination of binaural beats, relaxation sounds and guided meditation).

6. Do you think the music-industry is controlled to suppress mind-freeing pieces of art while disseminating junk? Or are they simply responding to the highest demand?

I think the answer is both. With any kind of mainstream artistic expression, the industry in question generates demand for low quality content within the audience, then satisfies said demand. It's depressing, but thankfully there are a few exceptions to the rule.

7. What is with all the claims that certain types of music can heal? What is only marketing-ploy and what is truly effective?

I don't believe that 'music' per se can heal directly. Not the body at least. I do however believe that music can heal the mind/spirit/soul, and the mind controls the well-being of the body, so indirectly music is capable of healing, but I don't believe it does so directly. I do however believe that sound frequency can heal or harm the body. I suppose it would be possible to do that through music, but I think artistically expressive music can generally only heal indirectly.

Edited to fix quote tag

[edit on 16-3-2008 by TheStev]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
8. Ive heard a lot about specific ways in which Dolphins use sounds but never quite understood how or what is so signifcant about it. Anyone know more?

Dolphins and other marine mammals use sound in an echo-location capacity. By transmitting a rapid series of "clicks", they can use the returning echo to locate objects. There is a specially evolved chamber in the dolphin's head that is used for this function. They also use the various squeals, clicks, and groans to communicate basic information to other dolphins.

Some of the larger members of the family(?), whales, can transmit low-frequency sounds many hundreds of kilometers underwater. Water is an excellent sound medium.

I'm pretty sure I've seen information that indicates some of the marine mammals can use powerful bursts of sound to disorient and stun small prey fish...making the buffet much easier to chase down.

These points are all in a general sense, I am not a marine biologist, I just play one on the Internet.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

They have also used these sound currents to stun sharks. The bottle nose dolphin uses this then rams the fish.

Sound alone in our own tones can shut down peoples mobility, it can freeze them in their tracks and can create weird side effects on those close by. The power of speach is strong.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by menguard]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
it's like when the frequencies in DNB wig some people out........... playing with different freq and speeds in particular over 170bpm can make some people well sick....
not me though I love it loud and bass like and 170bpm+

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Seems that the whole universe is made up of frequencies, vibrations or what have you.

members.tripod.com...

There’s very little question of the incredible effect that music has on people.

www.parenting-baby.com...

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

It’s also a science, like every other, that’s been known for centuries.

en.wikinews.org...'decoded'

www.youtube.com...

IMO, this is what makes music the ultimate art. It’s literally a part of your being, and has physiological effects which can be measured. Combine it with visual and other senses, and you’ve got the ultimate in shaping a persons paradigm.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

2. The standard 80-120 BPM we hear on the radio everyday was, in ancient times, used in magic rituals to invoke trance and spirits. How are we affected by pop, R&B, hip hop, rock that we hear on a daily basis?

simply, i think we are so used to it, that either a) it does not affect our daily life at all, b) we have no idea the affects or control it does have over us, c) since we are not in the right spiritual mindframe when we are in our pollution mobiles, anything metaphysical would be lost in the chaos.

this does nothing but pass the buck, but there are two programs that are free to download that reproduce these frequencies and describe what each does.
Gnaural and SBaGen

5. Do you think that messages encoded into a song that we cant hear or are played backwards so that we dont recognize them (subliminals) really have an effect? I somehow doubt this.

like i answered for Q 2, we are bombarded by supposed sublimnals all the time with radio, tv commercials, and probably other uses of technology we have no idea about. take into account people on unneeded or debilitating prescription drugs on top of it all...what is left to control?

I think the RIAA just wants the money. the big labels are just businesses selling their products. back in the early 90s, before napster went mainstream, they were the kings of the ring. things have changed, and they are doing anything they can to control it. they peddle music they think will sell the most. it's quantity over quality. great music thrives, it's just been subverted.

Archive.org | Live Music Shows . just look at all those hard-working musicians, some controlled by the RIAA, others not. i guarantee you that my mind has been freed by non-mainstream bands. i will not advertise for them on here though

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The Stev: but I think artistically expressive music can generally only heal indirectly.

I agree. And I tend to think that music that advertises itself as having inherent "healing qualities" is a scam...as any type of music that evokes joy has the a sort of healing potential. But I might be wrong.

Mr. Penny: I'm pretty sure I've seen information that indicates some of the marine mammals can use powerful bursts of sound to disorient and stun small prey fish...making the buffet much easier to chase down.

menguard: Sound alone in our own tones can shut down peoples mobility, it can freeze them in their tracks and can create weird side effects on those close by. The power of speech is strong.

I had forgotten that sounds can actually immobilize. I dont even want to think about the weapon potentials here.

banyan: this does nothing but pass the buck, but there are two programs that are free to download that reproduce these frequencies and describe what each does.
Gnaural and SBaGen

This links are very useful to me, thanks. I also tend to believe that the effects of subliminal programming and also BPM-trance-induction are lost because of overload...and because nobody is dancing in their car.

resistor: Thanks for the links.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The Masons and elite social engineers know the power of music and they have long had their secret society fingers in the US music industry.

The “Blues” music and the very idea of “feeling blue” has been propagated by the Masons. The first three degrees of Freemasonry are called the Blue Degrees. This is why, for instance, the UN logo is blue and divided into 33 sections. This is why the “blue laws” written on blue paper were introduced in the 18th and 19th centuries. The sixth chakrah of the human energetic system is blue, associated with the pineal gland, enlightenment and spiritual uplift. Thus by reinforcing subconsciously through song and pop culture the idea that “blue” is a sad and depressing color, the Masons effectively nullify blue’s mystical place in our perception (this may sound trivial, but it is not)

B.B. King, the King of “Blues” sang Got the Blues, The Other Might Blues, B.B. Blues, Why I Sing the Blues, Confessin’ the Blues, Beautician Blues, Blue Shadows, Blues For Me, Blues Stay Away, Shoutin’ the Blues, Everyday I Have the Blues, Lonely and Blue, Talkin’ the Blues, Blues at Midnight, How Blue Can You Get, Worryin’ Blues, Goin’ to Chicago Blues and Don’t Look Now but You’ve Got the Blues. He also sang Three O’Clock Stomp and Three O’Clock Blues (notice it’s not 2 o’clock or 4 o’clock). Elvis Presley, the King of “Rock” sang Something Blue, Steamroller Blues, Blue Suede Shoes, Blue Moon, Blue Hawaii, Blue River, Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain, Blue Christmas, I’m Gonna Bid my Blues Goodbye, Indescribably Blue, Moody Blue, Folsom Prison Blues, My Blue Moon Will Turn Gold Again, and You’re the Only Star in my Blue Heaven. The Rolling “Stones” sang Andrew’s Blues, Blue Turns to Grey, Cocksucker Blues, Confessin’ the Blues, Cook Cook Blues, Exile on Mainstreet Blues, Fancyman Blues, Stray Cat Blues, Summertime Blues and Ventilator Blues. Bob Dylan sang Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues, Tangled up in Blue, Freight Train Blues, Bob Dylan’s Blues, Talking World War III Blues, North Country Blues, Black Crow Blues, Subterranean Homesick Blues, Dirt Road Blues, Outlaw Blues, It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue, Tombstone Blues, Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, Living the Blues, Blue Moon, Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues, and Orange Juice Blues. Queen sang Blues Breaker and Rock in Rio Blues. Moody Blues played Blue Guitar and Veteran Cosmic Rocker. Bob Dylan sang Tangled up in Blue and Talkin’ John Birch Paranoid Blues. Simon and Garfunkel tell is like it is in The Blues Run the Game. Their first album, produced at Columbia Studios, was called Wednesday Morning, 3am, which encodes Masonic 33 because Wednesday is the third day of the week. These few bands/references are barely the tip of the iceburg. Do you suppose this could be pure coincidence? When something comes “out of the blue” does that mean “out of nowhere” or could it mean from Masonry?

Much of Hip-Hop culture (including the name Hip-Hop with the twin HH symbolism) comes from Masonry as well, i.e. notice Will Smith in “HitcH,” his hands on the twin H’s in the poster). When gang members roll up one pant leg to symbolize their crew, this tradition comes from the Masonic first degree ritual. Initiates must roll up their pant-leg for undisclosed reasons while being blind-folded and led around by a noose. All the so-called gang signs are Masonic mudras, such as the West side and East side gang sings. Names like Crips and Bloods may well have come from “the Hood,” but the recurring Death theme screams Freemasonry. It’s none other than the Grim Reaper who wears a “Hood.” Calling each other G no doubt comes from the Freemasonic G, and what is a G-angst-er but a G in angst, flashing signs, rolling up pantlegs, and calling friends Dogs and Bitches? Doggs, Snoop Doggy Dogg, and Bitches, doubtless comes from Masonic Isis/Sirius Dog-God star worship. This is why soldiers wear Dog tags, and Henry Kissenger says, “military men are just dumb stupid animals.” What’s up G-Dogg? It’s a G thing. Get some G-Love, fits like a Masonic Glove. Jay-Z is constantly symbolizing the Illuminati pyramid when he makes his trademark triangle hand-sign and looks through it with one eye. He was formerly CEO of Rocawear and refers to himself as a Rockafella. In his 1996 song “D’Evils,” Jay-Z has lyrics like “Illuminati want my mind, soul, and my body,” and “Secret society trying to keep their eye one me.” His significant other Beyonce is often photographed wearing a skull and crossbones belt buckle. House of Pain says in their 1992 song Jump Around, “Do you know about the Masons and their nation? To the 33rd degree, you know that’s me.” So when Hip-Hop group “The Coup” (as in military coup), creates a June 2001 album cover showing the World Trade Center towers being demolished, is it just coincidence?

Masons didn't just create Blues and Hip-Hop, they also created "Rock" and Roll. Why would anyone but a Mason choose this name? Tavistock exports the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, were called "the British invasion." The Rolling Stones sang Little Queen, Like a Rolling Stone, You Got Me Rocking, If You Can’t Rock Me, It’s Only Rock and Roll, Let it Rock, Reelin’ and Rockin’, and Rocks Off. The band Queen sang We Will Rock You, Stone Cold Crazy, Rock it, Rollin’ Over, Hammer to Fall, Killer Queen, and Bohemian (Grove) Rhapsody. Simon and Garfunkel bluntly sang I am a Rock and She Loves me Like a Rock. B.B. King sang My Heart Beats Like a Hammer, Rock Me Baby, and You’re Still a Square (as in Mason’s compass and square). Bob Dylan sang Rocks and Gravel, Like a Rolling Stone, and Get Your Rocks Off! Black Sabbath sang Stonehenge, The Sabbath Stones, Rock n’ Roll Doctor, and The Hand that Rocks the Cradle. The Stone Roses sang Made of Stone and Elephant Stone.

Rocks, Stones and Hammers are a few of the more obvious symbols used constantly by the Stone Masons. Masons have their drinks “on the rocks” and catch you “between a rock and a hard place.” You’re just “a stone’s throw away” and “kill two birds with one stone.” Masonry is a fraternal organization with secrets passed from fathers onto sons, hence “a chip of the old block.” The old block is the father Master Mason and the chip is the son apprentice-level.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There is M.C. “Hammer,” Kid “Rock,” Chris "Rock," the wrestler, "The Rock," and "Stone" Cold Steve Austin. Sylvester Stallone plays “Rock-y.” The Rockefellers, Rocawear, Chevy trucks are built “like a Rock.” Blockbuster Video, Rolling Stone Magazine, Rolling Rock beer, Hard Rock Café, 3rd Rock from the Sun, 30 Rock, Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rocket Man, The Rocketeer, Masonic NASA Rock-ets, the Rockettes, Military Rockets, get your Rocks off, you Rock, think of the macabre lyrics to Rock-a-bye-baby, and you've Hit Rock bottom. Oliver Stone, Sharon Stone, Romancing the Stone, the Family Stone, the Flintstones, Blackstone, Firestone, Sword in the Stone, the Philosophers Stone, Stone-faced, Stonewall Jackson, Stoned, Stoning, Stoner. The amount of pop culture ideas/references using just the obvious Masonic Rock and Stone symbolosim is abundant.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have just finished a book entitled "Interference: The History and Theory of Harmonic Science". During the research for this, I came to understand the formation of life to be a function of harmonic resonance and damping. For instance, all of the cardioid shapes are due to a specific double Gaussian equation applied recursively. Within this interference pattern are two frequency damping locations at golden ratio proportions to a central axis. This exists throughout the body, including the brain and ears. In fact, the entire body can be constructed through twelve recursive phi-spaced damping rings, each corresponding to a harmonic frequency. There is actually a Hilbert function to describe the space within which this occurs and equations to generate this structure, which is compatible with current theories for Lattice QCD in quantum mechanics. Our brain is a standing wave the creates a hologram [Pribram/Bohm] and our ears act as lenses to "unwind" harmonic proportions into component harmonic proportions for pattern recognition by brain. We measure the proportions by comparing them to the axis and direction of energy flow around the damping locations hardwired into our anatomy, creating a range of possible feelings that change dynamically as we listen. Persistence of particular emotions from specific kinds of music will act to persuade us into a corresponding behavior and probably (through mental conditioning) a corresponding physical condition.

You might also be interested to learn that I found that the Indian chakra system seems to have been derived from this harmonic space both in proportional alignment to the body and colors to the Hilbert space at the fundamental outer ring. The "wheels" correspond to a coherent pathway identical to a diatonic major (or relative minor) scale in music. The spine forms along this pathway at the third ring (third partial) corresponding to a 3:2 perfect 5th proportion, which is equivalent to a pentagon in cymatic vibration. As you might guess, the origin of resonance (ring 1) is the center of the brain - the pineal gland.

Be advised to listen to music that is harmonic and oriented to an upward pulling major key.

There is much more to this, including implications for the development of western religion, esoteric brotherhoods and self-censorship by science. The resulting picture is that this knowledge was once well known, but suppressed beginning about 1000 years ago and completely eliminated during the Italian Inquisition about 350 years ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

1. It is said that different types of music have different types of effects on plants or even create different types of "energy-forms". I never quite understood this though. What is the extent of effects of different types of music on living beings?

It depends on your definition of music. If you expand your conception of what geometry and music fundamentally are (take literal sound out of the picture), you realize the entire universe literally is nothing but more and less organized geometry and music, music being like geometry in motion, and geometry being like frozen music.

We know the smallest particles by their various vibrations and cycles (creating a rhythm). The largest bodies in our universe are known both by their geometries and also their periods and cycles. Every day the Sun rises on a regular rhythm, and the Moon has its regular cycles. The overlapping of a Sun cycle and 12 Moon cycles roughly "harmonize" to give us our year, in the same way different frequencies of air pressure may overlap and harmonize. Every morning (and evening) millions of Americans pour onto our interstates like asphalt tributaries building into a thick stream of metals, plastics and flesh. The people think they act on their own free will, but they're subject to an intense music, caught in "the system." Experiencing everything without names, but only forms and shapes and colors, everything in creation is art for you to behold.

They put one tone in one ear, a different tone in the other ear, and they interfere around where your brain is. The interference causes your brain's resonant frequency to tend to shift towards whatever the target frequency is.

4. Do sounds we cannot hear (extra low and extra high) have an effect on our brains or immune system?

They have a physical effect at least, in that sounds we can't hear hit us as pressure waves the same as sound we can hear. They just change at frequencies our ears aren't designed to detect. Sometimes if you can't hear it, you can still feel it (as is increasingly the case with "non-lethal" weapons).

Speaking of military use of sound, explosives themselves are basically nothing but extremely loud noises. A chemical reaction causes enormous amounts of gas to be created almost instantly around the explosive device, and when it all expands to decompress, the sound (pressure wave) moves outward. Any sufficiently powerful pressure wave directed at you can harm you.

A famous historical example is Beethoven showing up at the home of a friend of his, a mother who had just lost a child (a story I think she related to one of Beethoven's biographers). He just sat down at her piano and improvised something, and then left, and the grieving mother was comforted. Beethoven knew what that woman felt, he knew what to do on a piano to reach the honest core of that emotion, and he used music to symbolically transform that emotion, gradually, as only a Beethoven could. And since he was sincere and knew what he was doing, and really cared for her, the mother resonated with what was played and was genuinely healed, if only on an emotional level.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sound can be used as a weapon in a variety of ways, for instance in our country now there is a device being used by shopkeepers that send out bursts of sound that cause discomfort to teenagers. The interesting thing is that it has no effect on older people.

Also it can be used more destructively in the same way that ultrasound is used to destroy kidney stones, or dolphins use it to stun their prey.

There is also talk sound energy being focused into a laser beam type weapon.

Sound is basically pressure waves, and pressure can kill; like blasts from bombs jellifying internal organs.

If sound reaches a natural frequency of a material it can cause it to fail, like singing to break a glass....this aspect could also be utilised as a weapon against structures, something like what happened to the walls of Jericho is what i'm thinking.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxpageant

You might also be interested to learn that I found that the Indian chakra system seems to have been derived from this harmonic space both in proportional alignment to the body and colors to the Hilbert space at the fundamental outer ring. The "wheels" correspond to a coherent pathway identical to a diatonic major (or relative minor) scale in music. The spine forms along this pathway at the third ring (third partial) corresponding to a 3:2 perfect 5th proportion, which is equivalent to a pentagon in cymatic vibration. As you might guess, the origin of resonance (ring 1) is the center of the brain - the pineal gland.

There is much more to this, including implications for the development of western religion, esoteric brotherhoods and self-censorship by science. The resulting picture is that this knowledge was once well known, but suppressed beginning about 1000 years ago and completely eliminated during the Italian Inquisition about 350 years ago.

Awesome post. The Indian chakra system and Kundalini yoga are two of the most suppressed "secrets" known to the Masons. The Rolling "Stones" have "Paint it Black" and "Paint it Blue" referring to this color manipulation... the song is about chakras "I see a red door and want it painted black."

Our third-eye/pineal gland used to be about the size of a quarter but in recent times has shrunk to the size of a pea. A black-eyed pea. The Black-Eyed Peas have a song called "Third Eye" that says, "I got three eyes, one look from the left side, the other from the right side, got one eye on the inside, and I can see you outside, plottin’ to come in. If Bush is Pinnochio, who the hell is Gepetto? Beware of Gepetto. I could point out their behavior to keep y’immune from the poisonous flavour, but once you’re caught I can’t save ya, they’ll manipulate your mind so you enjoy danger."

When you get hit in the eye it's a "black eye" even though that's rarely the color it turns. A bruise is black and blue, bruise like the Hebrews... that's also why beer is a "brew" as the first bar was opened by the Templars.

All this chakra stuff is well known by the Masons, hence 7-up (the kundalini rising up the 7 chakras) 7-11, Seagrams 7. 33rd degree Walt Disney gives us Snow White and the 7 Dwarves for instance.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey, I sorta have the same interest thats going on here. If quantum physics are correct, then to me, that would mean that everything, broken down into its pure forms, are sound waves. Therefore, shouldn't music have a much more profound effect on people?
But to answer the questions to the best of my ability, since I've had some of the same questions in my own quest..

1) To the best of my knowledge, no one has really delved into the research on humans like they have with other things (like salt and lettuce). There was a Dr. in Cleveland a few years ago (70's). He was an advisor to the pope for a while, and he's also the guy who did the monkey head transplants. In Derrik Jensen's book "A language older than words", there's a couple of parts where he talks about hooking up plants to a polygraph machine and studying the effects that doing other various things created a reaction in the plant. For example: If you put brine shrimp in the sink and pour boiling hot water on them, the plant attached to the lie detector freaks out on behalf of the shrimp. I've yet to find much more info on this subject.

2)I think that by default the earth falls into a 4/4 time, which is just how nature is. I think TOOL tried to run this experiment when they recorded the lateralus album.

3)Binuaral sounds are when you play one frequency out of the left speak, and another out of the right. When the two frequencys merge in your skull, they create and echo that produces an "overtone" which is a third, independent sound. I don't understand how it works, but you can download a program called "brainwave generator". I've toyed with it, but it always freaks me out..and I'm a musician lol.

4)I believe that they do, but I have read nothing that says one way or the other, unless you want to consider Dr. Royal Raymond Rifes machine.

5)No, I don't think it works, nor do I think it would be worth the time to purposefullly record something like that. Studio time is expenisive, and most of the time this things are just like when people see stuff in the clouds. The mind interprets things as it wants to.

6)As much as I hate the industry, I don't think it's intentional that the kind of music you are referring to doesn't get heard. Again, look at TOOL. They certainly are not a 4/4 pop band, yet they have major label support. Plus the politics of music certainly have an affect here. Some of these bands that are pure art don't want to join a major label. But, it's not high demand that they are responding to either, hence why cds by britney spears and the like are always cheaper. It's harder to sell them.

7) I wouldn't doubt that there is music that can heal, but that various so much depending on the individuals needs. (I hate to bring it up again), but TOOL's lateralus was supposedly designed for chakra clearing/cleansing. While trying that method, it was the only time I've ever truly felt like I might just have an OBE.

8) I'm no expert, and I'm sure someone has given you the answer with how long it's taking me to type this lol, but the significance of dolphins is the complexity of their communication. it's just as complex, if not moreso that any language created by man. That's all I know. Sorry.

9)Just one example is that they have a sound beam weapon that is so intense that it makes your skin feel like it's on fire.
If you really want to understand this, research "infra-sound". I have been trying to figure out how to do this. I think it would be cool to write a sad song then all of a sudden there's this short burst of pain (infra-sound) to the listener so they could relate to the song. The problem is that I don't think there's enough amps in the world to pull off the power needed for it.

10)That's a secret

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
holy smokes Freight Tomsen. I eagerly await your theories then on Pink Floyd, The Doors and The Grateful Dead. LOL. no really..

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Yeah, me too! Hey! My eyes are blue... am I a product of a Masonic conspiracy?

I'm sure it will come as a great surprise that the Blues were created by the Masons to those hardy souls that developed their style in the Mississippi delta...that Robert Johnson...he was a Mason and we never knew about it!! I wonder how many other Masons died alone and in poverty??

Anyway...to the topic at hand...I've heard the the Gregorian chants that the monks engaged in were somehow "sacred" tones.

I know that death metal just makes me angry and Vivaldi makes me happy (but so do the Dixie Chicks!). I've heard first hand (anecdotal) accounts of people receiving healing from sound frequencies, but as I am extremely susceptible to the placebo effect, maybe they were too?

And only today, someone asked me (in a blog) to name my favorite sound....it was fun to think about, but I could never choose one. Every time I thought I'd chosen, something else would pop into my head.

Great post...now I have reading material for the rest of the week!

*typo

[edit on 3/17/08 by themillersdaughter]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join