It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Iraqi's lack Healthcare, Water: Red Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Millions of Iraqi's lack Healthcare, Water: Red Cross

www.reuters.com

In a sober report marking the anniversary of the 2003 start of the war, which ousted dictator Saddam Hussein and unleashed deep sectarian tensions, the humanitarian body said Iraqi hospitals lack beds, drugs, and medical staff.

Some areas of the country of 27 million people have no functioning water and sanitation facilities, and the poor public water supply has forced some families to use at least a third of their average $150 monthly income buying clean drinking water.

"Five years after the outbreak of the war in Iraq, the humanitarian situation in most of the country remains among the most critical in the world," the ICRC said, describing Iraq's health care system as "now in worse shape than ever."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So I'm guessing the Iraqi's are loving our 'democracy' right about now eh? Having to spend a third of their families income just to buy sanitized drinking water...

Maybe Dumbya the Decider can go over there and tell them how 'romantic' it all was for him to ram this invasion down their throats...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Millions of Americans lack healthcare as well. What does that mean?

Did the report rank US healthcare and the amount of people in this country who aren't covered? Doubt it. We're the example of freedom and democracy in the world, right?

The clean water part is obvious. Iraq is a desert. The Tigris and Euphrates aren't exactly the cleanest rivers in the world either...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We have paid Halliburton to fix all of that stuff and they have done little to nothing. Most tax payers would scream to the heavens if they only knew how little they have done for them at our expense.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Totally agree. The saddest part about this is it COULD have gone well with the rebuild if we didn't have such unbelievable corruption between the huge corps and gov taking place. All they care about is getting their hands on that wealth generated by this, not actually putting that money toward what it was INTENDED for.

Biggie-Good point about the healthcare-I certainly can't afford it myself. BUT-There is a difference...Most of us don't have it due to not being able to afford it, most of the Iraqi's don't have it because most of their hospitals and equipment were blown to bits, and most of their Dr's killed.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Your better off not paying your auto insurance than your health. If you get in a wreak your auto cant cover it if your hurt bad, At least most people don't carry that much on their policies. I know I got hit and the doctors went through that money fast as they also charge more on a LOP than they can get away with going through a health insurance company.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey Iraq has finally caught up to OUR standard of living
. Seems we can leave now . I know i haven't had insurance in years. And i print my own car insurance. I live in a no-fault state . So its safer and cheaper to keep 2000$ in the bank . And insure myself.

new topics

top topics

join