It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12 bets ! place em here!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i dont like it when people relate 2012 with the end of the world. it is a cycle like most things in our universe. i do believe something will happen though. thats is how i found this site. i was researching on the subject for like 2 months and i ran in to here. anyways, perhaps something in the spiritual side will occur.
there are way too many mysterious things that happen in the spiritual side that MANY do not know. i admit that im not very spiritual but i have seen and heard of things thats are very disturbing.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
roughly every 26,500 years our magnetic poles flip, last time this happened they believe great catastrophe occured, i just find it odd that the next26,500th day will be 12/21/12,

how many people that actualy wrote no have researched this topic to any degree.

the y2k had no fact or data behind it at alll.

p.s nasa predicts maxim solar flares on 2011-2012

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Timewavezer0]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's interesting to read peoples thoughts on this topic. They world won't end in the sense that we will all die etc, we will all evolve, we can move on from the 3rd. Expand our awareness. It's funny the closer we get the more talk we hear and more people having thoughts on this. Even the skeptics will soon know

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimuna26
you people who think that there is some kind of new world order coming must be nuts.

Welcome to ATS!! Honestly, who do you think you're dealing with here.....lol

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timewavezer0
roughly every 26,500 years our magnetic poles flip, last time this happened...

You speak oftly matter of fact for quoting conjecture.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

heres one source, there is a bunch of nasa papers confirming pole shift, for both the sun and earths magnetic poles, i have to get going to work, but when i come back ill post the sources.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As quoted from your own source:

But the surprisingly rapid movement of the magnetic pole doesn't necessarily mean that our planet is going through a large-scale change that would result in the reversal of the Earth's magnetic field, Oregon State University paleomagnetist Joseph Stoner reported today at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco, Calif.

"This may be part of a normal oscillation and it will eventually migrate back toward Canada," said Stoner, an assistant professor in OSU's College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences.

It is still a theory......conjecture, it is an unproven hypothesis:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
choronzon i respect your opinions , this will be an interesting time.

check out zero point theories, well not theories there measured every day along with Schumann Cavity Resonance aka the earths heart beat, which is rapidly increasing and due to peak in 2012,

with all this happening in 2012 , well "theory"

is what makes this date amazing, sure theres people writing about end times and making millions off it, that is wrong, there is no endddddd, just change and restarts.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I too respect your opinion, but you have to understand the type of people your providing information as fact.

Alot of people here would run with scissors if you tell them its ok, let alone something which sounds like it maybe true and isn't accepted by mainstream.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If the Mayans were so smart in predicting the end of the world, how come they didn't see their own demise coming?

[edit on 18-3-2008 by dcs626]

[edit on 18-3-2008 by dcs626]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dcs626

IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!! they predicted many things like any other culture but if you have done any research at all you would know it is a cycle that they figured out using astronomy (or aliens-i wasnt there so i dont know). they predict change.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No but....
The thread says "bets"

I'm willing to bet of an extremely large sum of money on the FACT that nothing will happen

Actually, that is the Friday before Christmas so something will happen. People will shop. A lot. Hmmm....maybe I'll save my money and go shopping too. So, I'll just bet my future ATS membership

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dcs626

Maybe they did see their demise. Perhaps their calander was coded ala nostradamus and all the dates were doubled? Look at the 200 year drought. ended roughly 1000ad right? maybe they died out in 1006. Double 1006 it and voila you have 2012...our worries are over

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

... pointed to this date ...

Here's my vote for 2012

Time duration between:
December 23, 1913 and December 21, 2012

98 years, 11 months, 28 days excluding the end date

"Federal reserve bank to implode 4 years ahead of schedule"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Only time can tell, Its the End of the World as we know it, but not the end of life. Incarnated is right, if it is the End of the World then those who placed the bet on yes won't get payed. Those who said no will be dead. Heh. Good Thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
YES!
I think there will be a major shift in mass consciousness that will come to a peak on or around that date.
The Awakening and Remembering!

it's not the end of the World, we will move to a new Era before that be prepared for WW3, natural disaster around the world, those who survive ,will go to the 4th dimension

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

interesting replys , i just want to state after all my research , the mayans never once mentioned and end, the world will never end, there will always be resets and restarts, i believe we need a good thing to happen to us and soon.

I agree. They were an ancient culture wrapped up in the ego and arrogance of conquering time. Maybe it was a planned joke or a way to screw you. Who knows as so much of that civilization was erased from history.

One thing is for sure- Somethings are coming to an end and new things are beginning. What this means is anyone's guess.

I feel something terrible, evil and horrible is in our very near future- I also feel a huge turning point is also going to come from the devastation. I do not know if I will survive to see the good stuff- all I know is that I will definitely see the destruction of deception reaching its high point.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
yes i beleive,it will be my 25th birthday

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The Earth is not going to be in the center of the milky way galaxy, that statement it retarted, we are or were in what is called the western arm of a spiral galaxy (milky way) but they said that when they thought the milky way had 4 arms, now they know it only has 2 arms, and our solar system is out on the end of one of those. What the myans did predict is that the sun was going to align with the center of the milky way galaxy. One thing the mayans did know was astronomy just as well if not better than we know today, as far as my vote, I'm going to have to vote no, it will not be the end of anything, at least as far as the end of the world or the end of humanity, These End of days therorists are almost as retarted as Johovah's whitnesses, with there retarted doomsday predictions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join