It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/21/12 bets ! place em here!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bet => NO

But I will be preparing just in case. Remember the saying, "Its better to have [something] and not needing it, than needing [something] and not having it."

Stock up on some food supplies, water, ammo, guns, knives, virgins, and GOLD. Hehe.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
heres my prediction:

I will wake up on the morning of December 21, 2012. I will arise from bed, walk into the bathroom, take a dump, wipe my bum, get in the shower, then after that, eat breakfast then go to work.

Nothing will happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
if you feel like the end of the world is coming, put yourself in the shoes of a polish or german jew in the early 1940's. now that was truly troubling times.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WARNING: It will come as time passes by your eyes

Be Ready

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
im ready for December 22, 2012, which will be the same as December 21, 2012.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No, nothing is going to happen. It will just be some normal alignment of stars and that will be it. If anyone wants to leave me all their assets for the day after since the world is obviously going to end then I won't complain.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes something will happen.

In 1999 a Web bot was created to predict the future stock markets by searching the internet with mini spider bot programs, it has an amazing track record. It predicted in August that there would massive earthquakes, rising seas and 1000's dead, and by December the tusami hit.

Now it predicts in 2008/2009 a major war conflict will arise leading to tactical nukular warfare. And that it will end in 2012 with a not so pleasant end.

I believe in this cause this will be the reason to NWO by the elitist since by then we'll do anything to feel safe again.

So yes something will happen but i also believe that just possibly the myan's got tired after doing a calendar for 3,500yrs and figured we should be able to take over

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
its all bologna. the end of the world has been predicted so many times, its not even amusing.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What happens to you on that special date?? ...will be a reflection of you. I don't want to die so I hope my mental state then will keep me alive. I think it's just another day... 12/21/2012. I may be wrong.

dlb

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
12/21/12 = rEVOLUTION!!!!

Civilization has repeatedly failed to learn to live in unity, time and time again. Governments are said to ensure justice, but what happens when Governments exploit justice? What happens when they are no longer interested in serving the people?? What happens when the entire system is corrupt?

Evil is the manipulation of the minds of men who have freedom of will. Which eventually leads in slavery. There will never be piece as long as somebody thinks they have all the answers that will impose there ways upon others, there will never be piece as long as t conformity is the rule.

The spirit of life is individuality, once that is given away, all hope is lost.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
you people who think that there is some kind of new world order coming must be nuts. if you want to see slavery, take a trip to north korea. now that place is BAD. You should appreciate what you have now and not take it for granted. Some of you sound like Communist pinkos.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Okay there is another post on here now about 2012 i replied to earlier and there seem to be some posters on here who think the whole 2012 thing is a hoax so I am reposting my comment from the other thread here:

If I hadn't learned about the whole 2012 thing before it hit the mainstream I might be inclined to believe it was a con myself.

However, when I was in college a million years ago around 1991 I actually took a class at my University on the Mayan Civilization.

My professor was a renown Mayan Scholar who translated the Hieroglyphics. His name was Dennis Tedlock. His books can be found on Amazon etc.

During this time and during his class I first learned of the 2012 prophecy. From what I remember of the prophecy a literal translation of it was some thing like "The things that man had created would come to life and rise up against him"

My Professor did concede however that there were 2 ways of actually translating the date. One way brought the date 12/21/2012. Another way of translating the date brought up a date much much later in the future. I can't remember the exact date but it was certainly not anytime soon - thousands of years away.

He seemed convinced that it was really the later date - however perhaps he said this so he wouldn't lose his job by openly predicting the end of the World in a Public University or to give us some hope - I'm not sure which.

Then, Several years later I saw my professor on TV (pbs i think) and he was telling the interviewer that the Mayan date was going to be 2012 and he did not mention the alternative date at all like he did in our class.

So I don't know what to think but i say we better brace ourselves for something because even the experts don't seem to know for sure!!!!!

[edit on 17-3-2008 by CyberTruth]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just because the Mayan calendar ends on that day doesn't mean it's the END of humanity and earth. Look at our calendar, it ends on Dec 31st. What happens after that? It goes back to Jan 1st and starts over. Just like the Mayan calendar will.

so NO...it's not going to be the end. Just a new beginning.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
YES!
I think there will be a major shift in mass consciousness that will come to a peak on or around that date.
The Awakening and Remembering!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Timewavezer0

Well, my calendar runs out on December 31st 2008, but I'm not holding my breath. However, I have consulted the tea leaves and I'm certain that I am going to have one helluva hangover on the day after the 'End of the World'.

12.21.12 is a Friday, which means I don't have to work the next day. So, I'm going sit by my laptop with a bottle of Jim Beam (and a few friends perhaps) and watch the 'End of the World' till the next morning.

[edit on 17/3/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here is a link to some other posibilities

www.ohmsnotbombs.org...

(Here is an exerpt from the link above. This is what i was talking about when i said we would be in the center of the galaxy. )

The information that was left to us indicates that for just a few hours on December 21st 2012 there are two Planetary/Stellar/Galactic axis of alignment that occur, only once in every 26,000 years, that together will have a potentially profound effect, if we allow it, upon the future of Humanity on Earth. Here is why:
It has been suggested that we have forgotten ?who? we are? that we have ?misplaced? our true genetic heritage and that we have been stumbling around in the slow-motion porridge of the Third Dimension for so many aeons as to have entirely lost track of what our original mission here was; we may even be about to embark upon such tyrannical and oppressive behaviour as building Armed Military Colonies on the Moon and on Mars! We have become entrapped in our own past! The Sun on the other hand, and thereby the Earth also, wish to evolve to the next stage of their life-cycles and are, even as you read this, increasing their energetic and vibratory rates. We are sensing this and seeing it in some of the climatic anomalies occurring and wanting to ?go along with it?, but are not quite sure of how.
The Maya have indicated that the alignment of Earth, the Sun and Alcyone with the Centre of the Galaxy, combined with the fact that Earths Equator will on this date be exactly parallel with the Plane of our Galaxy, and we are again reminded that these two things ONLY occur ONCE in every 26,000 years, will cause a momentary but massive modulation of focused Central Galactic Light or Intelligence, fairly and squarely upon this small Planet that will, in turn, have the ultimate effect of reducing the Veils or ?curtains? that exist between the (co-existing) dimensional realms to an ultra-thin state.
It is this momentary thinning that will allow even such dense bodies as ours to pass across or through, and into the next dimensional reality with comparative EASE! Again there is no other time for us, within this 26,000 year cycle, where such an opportunity arises. The Mayans indicate also that this is the potential of our brilliance; the ability to execute, through our own volition, a momentary but quantum leap in our own evolution! NO Humanity up until now we are told, has EVER achieved this particular maneuver. (Partially perhaps, one wonders humorously, because no humanity has ever bothered to get itself into quite as much ?#? as we have and has therefore ever HAD to contemplate such a maneuver?).

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My anthropology professor has done great research on this.

Supposedly the date set is a prediction of when civilization will have a great change. Sorta like the industrial revolution type stuff.

The Mayans were pretty advanced back then (even in todays terms) and I wouldn't be amazed if they were right.

In retrospect, it could very well mark a rare astronomical event we have yet to see. I very much doubt it will spell the end of the world or humankind as we know it.

One must use deeper analysis when debating such a topic. Its easy to say its the end of the world. But all evidence points away from that.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
George Bush will announce that he is a homosexual reptillian...

come on please.... there maybe dangers ahead but for goodness sake this is a tired subject if something was going to happen we would know!!! Governments wouldnt just let us die a horrible death!!

in one thread they want to enslave us all the next theyn are going to let us all die?

money being squandered on ridiculous space stations and martian missions for nibiru to come and wipe us out?

please surely we are more intelligent than this

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My intuition has me thinking hey: if the calender ends.........a calender is a measure of time correct? So the Mayan calender is a measure of a certain type/duration of time.

What could change life as we know it and affect EVERYONE across the board on this specified date?

(A UFO lands during an NFL game? The planet suffers a catastrophe? Nah.....why would that change a calender?)

Well.....all I can think is that time will speed up. Can you IMAGINE if people realized time elapsed our lives to one half of the current duration?

IMAGINE turing 80 in 40 years. Think about it. Think about how people act when they realize they are running short on time. BS wouldn't matter any more. Think about life short-hand with all the games extinguished because things of little meaning absorb TOO MUCH TIME!

I can't think of anything else that would change this entire world right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
[post removed]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join