It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Americans Care About Big Brother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Do Americans Care About Big Brother?

www.time.com

On Thursday, Justice Department Inspector General Glenn Fine released a report documenting continuing misuse of Patriot Act powers by the FBI. And to judge from the reaction in the country, nobody cares.

A quick tally of the record of civil liberties erosion in the United States since 9/11 suggests that the majority of Americans are ready to trade diminished privacy, and protection from search and seizure, in exchange for the promise of increased protection of their physical security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sad but True!

I don't think most Americans see or realize where all this might be headed.

It's in the news all the time, yet you hear no outcry against it from the masses, no huge protests, nothing.

I wish people would wake up and realize that the governments powers were limited when this country was taking shape to protect the rights of the individual, its citizens.

Privacy... out the window!

Protection from search and seizure.... a charade!

The government can now do just about anything they want, thanks to the terrorist fears they filled the public with, in the name of fighting terrorism.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/3/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Already an existing thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I agree, it's a trip how people don't even seem to give a darn. Either that or the MSM is making it appear that way...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To both of you. This is another one of those posts that's just amazing. I think you two need to team up. You both would make one powerhouse of a news-finding team. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and close this thread, as the other one was posted first, and has garnered more replies.

Keyhole,

Please take no offense to this. We're just trying to keep the forums as clean and efficient as possible. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let one of us staff know. We'll respond promptly.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

new topics

top topics

join