It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrormares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've read all the literature that you can find on the web and in books so I'm asking others who have or have had these terrormares what you make of them. Occasionally I will remember what dream it was that would horrify my family when I was young and continues to give me goosebumps and make my hair stand on end with a weird vibe. I can give no description of what the dream is as it is nothing that you can make out of ordinary life. Tell me your facts about your matters.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I believe that you are speaking of "night terrors".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are quite real, only someone who has experienced them can tell you how real.

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have experienced them. I'm questioning others who have had them to tell me about theirs.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
From the time I was 4 until about 13 I would, at least once a week, have the same nightmare or "night terrors" as they are sometimes called. Often I would be woken up crying uncontrollaby and kicking and punching. I'll try to explain it as best I can. It starts off in a completely dark area. I don't feel like i'm in a room, but rather just a concious existence. About this time I feel another presence near me. Always I say " you won't do it this time" always she does. Flash. Back in my bed, 4 years old, no matter how old I am when I have the dream. I'm scared, I call out for my dad. At that moment, my bed rumbles and shapeless "witch" (best description I could come up with at 4) rises from the foot. She points a finger at me, and my voice is gone. I begin to rise up until my noise is to the ceiling. I then begin to spin uncontrollably around the room. I am then flung out into the hallway and floated into the rooms of my parents and sister. I have my voice back but no amount of screaming will wake them. I am slammed against walls and down stairs, into objects etc... Finally I am layed to rest in my bed as she goes under the foot again laughing. I then try to get up to run into my parents bedroom but the floor rumbles and i'm thrown back into my bed. I hear laughing as two men stand guard at my door and cause this earthquake like rumbling to keep my in bed, it's usually during this time that someone attempts to wake me. It was horrible thing and one that I am often afraid will happen again.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What exactly are you looking for info wise? I have experience 2 very different 'brands'. The first, unbielievable, I can't even believe such horror would come from my own mind - I think it was an effect of medication. They were al;ways different and something you could not even find on the most horrid of the horror/grotest movies. I couldn't even try to come up with anything more horrid.
The others were the same over and over (there were 3 different reaccuring dreams as a youngster I remember. One would stop before the other would start).

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds scary... I seriosuly want to hear about it now.
I used to have a recurring dream that I would have once in a while. It was nothing uber-terrifying, but it was scary enough for me since I was young. Kind of funny now that I think about it...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm confused... is this any different from a nightmare? Aren't they just a normal dream that goes awry? How's a night "terror" different?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Good question, lilblam. What is teh difference?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For 8 yrs or about i use to have recurrent nightmares? during my teen years. The Event would happen as i was fallen asleep.
I would be aware of my surroundings, then a rushing sound would hit me in the ears, sometimes with indistinct voices.

The terrifying part would be that i felt i was dropping in a void and if i did'nt wake up i would die. So i would struggle to move but i could'nt.
In the end i would thrash myself awake.

These events occured when i was curious about the occult, since i don't dabble anymore i have'nt had any reacurrances, thank god. They were so real.

Sleep Paralysis maybe, maybe not.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
No they are very diffrent from nightmares. In a nightmare you can be woken up..not so during a night terror or terrormare. The Dr. that had to see when I was younger had told my parents not to wake me during them as I could be injured. During a terrormare you are in a dead sleep yet your eyes are open and seem to be awake yet you are in a full sleep and could be screaming, thrashing, swing your arms and legs and even walking. My dream was the same every time and cannot not be described. It was like a collage of things. Still to this day if it happens to pop into my head I get very weird feelings.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
that still happen Tripnastic? that is pretty intense at such a young age

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by imreallyagrey
No they are very diffrent from nightmares. In a nightmare you can be woken up..not so during a night terror or terrormare. The Dr. that had to see when I was younger had told my parents not to wake me during them as I could be injured. During a terrormare you are in a dead sleep yet your eyes are open and seem to be awake yet you are in a full sleep and could be screaming, thrashing, swing your arms and legs and even walking. My dream was the same every time and cannot not be described. It was like a collage of things. Still to this day if it happens to pop into my head I get very weird feelings.

I've been there, that is where I saw the demon or was it satan? not sure really but very scary indeed.

new topics

top topics

join