It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IS a free country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I hear everyone on ATS repeat over and over that we (as Americans, although this goes for everyone, really.) do not live in a free country. That may be true...

So, then, what IS a free country? In your opinion.

Because I'm lost as to what it is...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I myself think the USA, UK, Australia (I'll just stop there) are free countries. I mean you can just about do what ya want as far as roaming around and looking for work or play.

If you come up with a cool Idea, your free to make the most of it (investors coming along etc..) and running with it.

If you don't like where you live , you can move.

If you want to be a bum, you can be a bum.

I think the above three are pretty close (or as close) as your gonna get, as far as living and doing your thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Antarctica might be the only truly free...well, not a country,let's say free area. Majority of it, at least. No rules, no police, no NWO,not even polar bears. Just you and penguins.

I define person as a free when he/she could do whatever they can and no one can force them otherwise. Not an ideal situation in my opinion so some regulation is needed. However there is a justifiable fear that if a huge total control regulatory mechanism will appear, no effective counter-balancing measures could be made, and regulation of freedom will become regulation of existence.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

hey, not bad!

I fer-got! The great white north! Canada! eh! thats where all the pissed off americans go when they don't want to go back to Iraq or get drafted! And its close to america!

A good thing also is the food is good! And Neil Young is from there!! Eh!

new topics

top topics

join