It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Half-Dollar. Ultimate slap in the face?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think it's pretty dispicable putting JFK on the last silver Half-dollar coin. 1964 was the last year our money was silver and not junk metal. Could it be that instead of honoring him like most of us believe, that this was really a cruel joke by the New World Order. Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Jeeze-us! I agree with ya!

I guess though you could look at it both ways.

One thing is fer sure- silver has really gone up!

I have around 200 ounces myself, and keep watching the prices and can't figure out when a good time to sell is Z(I keep saying to myself..a couple more bucks per oz)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

I have around 200 ounces myself, and keep watching the prices and can't figure out when a good time to sell is Z(I keep saying to myself..a couple more bucks per oz)

Keep it and stop advertising how much you have. In fact hide it somewhere.

Silver will be important to you and your family in the upcoming years.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"In fact, Gilroy Roberts, the former chief engraver of the mint, and Frank Gasparro, the current chief engraver at the time, designed the coin a mere five days after Kennedy's death—though the profile of Kennedy was the same one Roberts had used for Kennedy's inaugural medal two years earlier." -Wikipedia

Just giving you or the next guy a nugget to start with if you were to research how the coin first came about.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Thank you beaverg for the nugget.

I am planning on delving deeper into this thread as it develops. first I wanted to hear what are other esteemed members might be able to contribute to this topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Didn't they claim in the movie JFK that they used a silver or metal jacketed bullet? Otherwise, I'm fairly certain the change was just coin-cidence. Many people may have kept these last half silver dollars in their pockets or collections as reminders also. Has there been any special collectors coins of JFK minted since then? I would think he still has a strong enough following to present one if they haven't.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

thanks, thats probably why I haven't sold yet I bought 10-10 ounce bars back in 1987 at around $7 an ounce plus I have 142 silver dollars I got from my grand parents (not sure how much there worth) plus they also gave me a bunch of old mercury head dimes, and 16 rolls of pre-1960 quarters, and a bunch of old 1/2 dollar coins and such...plus some old chinese paper money from b-f 1930 and such..( my gramps was in the merchant marines) ....It really is hard to sell silver today as the prices keep going up...and I don't think the intrest in the bank is very high if I cash in and put it in if I sell it!! So I don't know what to do with all the silver!!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

By all accounts silver will hit $40 by sometime in November this year (08)
But it might be wise to hold on to it.paper burns silver doesn't!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
$40.00 an oz!!!
--wow!!
That is crazy!! I was just hefting the bars and looking at them (each 10 ounce bar says .999fine silver 10 troy ounces -with an eagle imprinted on them) I haven't even thought about them in years!! The thing that I wonder about is the silver dollars..are they worth more by how old they are ..or just the silver??
I guess I'll have to buy a coin book (plus the rolls of dimes!)

I also have about 20,000 comic books!! in long and short boxes, I would love to get rid of!! anybody interested????????

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Poster's Please stay on topic. This thread is not about buying and selling silver or personal silver assets.
It is about the possibility of the players behind the federal reserve and/or New world Order putting Kennedy on one of the last goverment issued silver coins being more than just a coincidence in regards to his assasination. also what ties JFK's Executive Order 11110 has to this.
Is it a twisted joke of the elite or just a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ok, sorry.

I thought about it when you first posted ( but of corse I went to my own greedy needs) but after you just posted that last post ( cause I was being a jerk and off topic,,sorry again) I really think you have someting there!!

I mean after JFK was shot...there was no more silver in coins (or not much?) and why is that???

I mean , just looking at gold and silver and see here ....www.tomstreasures.com...

when yah think about it..our money has ZERO backing!! Its just paper!! I even think a penny is worth more than it is to make!!

Folks around here (crooks) are stealing copper coils out of air-conditioners!!

Its a set up I tell ya!!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Executive Order 11110
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Executive Order 11110 was issued by President John F. Kennedy on June 4, 1963.

This executive order allowed the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury to issue silver certificates against silver bullion based on authority delegated by the President to the Secretary under the Thomas Amendment to the Agricultural Adjustment Act. This order directly contradicted the role of the Federal Reserve, and many suspect that this may be the primary motive behind the unsolved assassination of President Kennedy.

The Order was for the Treasury to issue silver certificates against all silver held by the government which did not already have certificates against it. The Order was needed due to the passage of Public Law 88-36 which repealed the Silver Purchase Act and other related monetary measures. One result was that after the repeals, only the President could issue new silver certificates. The Federal Reserve System could replace the certificates, but only in larger denominations. The thrust of the Order returned the authority to issue new silver certificates (and specify denominations) back to the U.S. Treasury. This allowed for the Federal Reserve System to distribute and exchange currency at lower denominations that met the growing economic need. The authoritative basis for the Order was nullified[citation needed] in 1982 with the passage of Public Law 97-258.

The Order was never directly reversed. However, Section 1(j) of Executive Order 10289, which was added by Section 1(a) of Executive Order 11110, was revoked when Ronald Reagan signed Executive Order 12608 in 1987.

This is what wiki has to say on the executive order I mentioned above.
A lot of people do not relize that the Federal Reserve is privately owned!

And remember folks. Federal Reserve Notes aint backed up by Squat!
as we shall see.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek
Keep it and stop advertising how much you have. In fact hide it somewhere.

Binion tried that here in Vegas... look where it got him

"Sandra Renee Murphy conspired with Rick Tabish to kill Ted Binion and then take the silver"

top topics

join