It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Military alert

www.godlikeproductions.com

Hello, suffice it to say I am an aide in the headquarters 18th Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg, NC. The 18th includes the 82nd and the 101st Airborne divisions. With some "heavier" support units this makes up the majority of the United Sates Rapid Reaction force. Theese troops are the first to be sent to any trouble hot spots that break out in the world. They are not armor or heavy artillary containing but they can get there fast. Something is up, general staff and advance paries are being assembled for some kind of deployment. Rumor has it it is Israel. Will keep posted if possible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am here to ask if anyone on ATS has any knowledge on this subject. I myself can not be sure of true or false do to the ongoing threat of war /economic collapse in america.

If its true then you better get supplies .

www.godlikeproductions.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Since when is GLP a valid alternative news source?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This could be interesting. But, are there any other links. From viewing ATS in the post that site is not a good reliable source of info. But, if it is indeed true. What does this mean for us at home? Draft, inland fighting, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't sweat this to much....considering the 101st Airborne is NOT part of the 18th Airborne Corps so that right there is a red flag. Plus other then the 82nd there is only one infantry brigade on Bragg...so this is NOT all of the QRF strength as stated. Sounds like someone is trying to get hearts and minds racing.....

Plus they need to use spell check!

EDIT: I agree this source isn't exactly reliable!

[edit on 3/16/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah i tend to dismiss any source which has a subtext titled "Lunatic fringe".

Cant see the US attacking Israel either.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Ha, agreed, not credible source. Nevertheless, if this was true (doubtful), perhaps America could be shoring up Israel's defenses.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I checked out the link in the first post in this thread, godlikeproductions. It is definitely not a good source. And even some people on that website, just like with this ATS thread, have stated in so many words that what was origionally posted is BS. And, as pointed out, the 101st IS stationed in Kentucky. So I myself do not put too much stock in what was origionally posted here and at the other website.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Op never said 101st was in Ft. Bragg. He said 18th Airborne Corp Headquarters was in Ft. Bragg (which includes 101st), which I believe it is.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the OP just posted again.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 393584 (OP)
3/16/2008 4:07 PM Re: Rapid Reaction military force on Alert Quote

But wait, 75984.....D. Bunker DID answer the question.

Ok, lets say you are doing morning PT on Ft Bragg.

You begin your morning run. The NCO leading the run intends to take you to Pope Air Force Base, the area where the 82nd paratroopers load the aircraft, prior to jumping.

Exactly where are you headed, in Ft Bragg lingo?
Quoting: Anonymous Coward 393653

Green Ramp!!!

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
Op never said 101st was in Ft. Bragg. He said 18th Airborne Corp Headquarters was in Ft. Bragg (which includes 101st), which I believe it is.

the "story" you quoted, from GLP (most unreliable by the way), has this line in it:

The 18th includes the 82nd and the 101st Airborne divisions

what he was saying is that the 101st is not part of the 18th per the above quote.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice copy and paste of the unit description.

I agree, this is bogus. These guys drill all the time, simple as that. Large scale training exercises are a regular part of a unit maintaining its combat readiness requirements.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

he's copying and pasting from over there.

nailer, please use the appropriate quote tags and show the source of your material going forward.
thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

You got that info from GLOBALSECURITY...it is not correct, unless something since 2001 when I ETS'd the Army has changed. 101 is NOT 18th AB Corps, but what is part of their unit is the 101st Corps Support Group logistics unit...which is something totally different then the AB division themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I said I am not sure about it myself .. I want to know if its true or false info.
There are way too many disinfo agents and then there is the hard to believe and sometimes it comes out to be true.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Well from my experiance I wouldn't get to worried. This article holds no weight in my eyes. Plus I still have friends who serve that IF they were heading to this type of alert/action my phone would ring.

Plus this source you used is not a source, it just discussion...no biggy...trust me, I understand your initial concern, but take a breath...at this time..all is well..

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Israel "on high alert near Lebanese border"

( dpa )- Israel intensified patrols near the Lebanese border over the weekend its in anticipation for a possible attack by the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah as the end of the mourning period of its assassinated military commander Imad Mughaniyeh approached, a Lebanese security source said Sunday.

I don't know how valid the source is for this story, but I'd thought I'd add it to the thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You better get ready anyhow. Just to be safe, just incase. Before it's too late. When the rest of the world refuses to accept declining worthless US funny money dollars, for whatever you all think you need to import, all hell will break out. Think of it as the beginning of a new era, however, don't think any of you can run away from all those outstanding IOUs. Be ready for that too. With many of your domestic stationed troops being deployed elsewhere in the world, poised to attack that which you need and need to control, that will allow the UN to deploy peacekeepers safely on your soil. Yeah be ready.
They think they have this all worked out. But they don't.
The writing is on the walls. It is inevitable. Be ready.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
sorry bad post

deleated

[edit on 16-3-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well the prick just confirmed it was all a hoax. here is his reply to my question.

It's less of a sin than physical masturbation, and provides for more laffs. Did serve in the 82nd from 83 to 85 though. Sleep easy tonite GLP chicken littles, the Israelis can take care of themselves.

Sorry to all ATS members , as its hard to say thses days what is disinfo or real..

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD IN 1 HOUR.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join