It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put Young Children on DNA List, Urge Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Put Young Children on DNA List, Urge Police

www.guardian.co.uk

Primary school children should be eligible for the DNA database if they exhibit behaviour indicating they may become criminals in later life, according to Britain's most senior police forensics expert.

Gary Pugh, director of forensic sciences at Scotland Yard and the new DNA spokesman for the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo), said a debate was needed on how far Britain should go in identifying potential offenders, given that some experts believe it is possible to identify future offending traits in children as young as five.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co .uk

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is this what the world is coming to?

Trying to guess which 5 year old is going to become a criminal so that they can get his DNA on file?

And what about the poor 5 year old who has to grow up knowing that society has already pegged him to be a future criminal?

What is society coming to that would put this kind of label on a 5 year old?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I posted this on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, feel free to utilize this thread.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Unfathomable...

I continue to stay in this country DESPITE being taxed to within an inch of my livelyhood.

I continue to stay DESPITE being assaulted on its streets by hoody wearing hoodlums, and DESPITE not being allowed a weapon to protect myself.

I continue to stay DESPITE not being allowed to smoke in pubs, to drive what car i want, to say what i want, to believe what i believe.

But its stories like this which make me lose my will to continue living in this country.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Repeat thread. Please contribute to the already open thread on this:

DNA List

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join