It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to give Red Heads suspension for intentionally having red hair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Bill to give Red Heads suspension for intentionally having red hair

superzipper.com

Hot on the heels of the Florida ‘Saggy Pants Bill’, the Florida Senate has decided that it will put another bill forward that is in the same vain as the ‘Saggy Pants Bill’ . Senator Gary Siplin has presented the bill to the senate, which will be firstly implemented in public schools just like the ‘Saggy Pants Bill’, that students wearing red hair intentionally will be up for suspension. Although the previous bill had a few issues and is still yet to be supported by the House of Representatives, the “Scourge of the Red Bill ” as it has been dubbed is expected to fly through the court system. This new bill is the culmination of desperate cries from the public to deal with the red plague.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, when will it end. I mean is it that easy to get elected and write crazy bills. I think I just might go buy a couple hundred signs, put my name on it and get elected.

superzipper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah, it starts with censoring fashion and now hair colour choice. Where will it end? When everyone looks, acts, talks and has the same thoughts as each other. So much for individuality and uniqueness :/

Michelle

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
taken from the very top of the site:

We don't take ourselves, our stories or your feedback seriously.

It's a joke

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Phew, thanks Crakeur. You just saved me from half an hour of ranting at the establishment, followed by a vitriolic call for the flanks of minutemen to be recalled to overthrow tyranny etc etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

no doubt. I'd be up in arms too if it was true. redheads are my kryptonite.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow, I am embarrassed, I took it as authentic. Crawling to my corner.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Was I the second one to read the entire article?
People should be more thorough before posting.I did get a good laugh for the day

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks to Crakeur I saw that this whole thing was a joke, Thank goodness. I thought people in florida were going made with a lot of new bills.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
~Double Post~
Darn you connection!

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Whoops,my bad. I thought I was in ATS,not BTS.
Now we can all laugh at me........I know I am.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*sheepish* I read the site AFTER posting my comment. I'm on a roll of misbehaving this weekend

Now, being unable to dye my hair red wouldn't have affected me personally one way or the other...but if they so much as try to pass a bill barring me from covering my greys...I'd be the first one picketing!

Michelle

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I nearly had a stroke! Thank goodness it's not true...but then again, I don't live in Florida

Crazy...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I nearly had a stroke! Thank goodness it's not true...but then again, I don't live in Florida

Crazy...

Yikes... my hair is kinda redish and its not natural.... and I live in Florida..

Good thing I go to a private school.. lol

[edit on 16-3-2008 by minnie]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
last night on the news they said something about redheads and I almost had a depends moment I was laughing so hard. Turns out they were not talking about the new law but, rather, the issue that redheads might go the way of the dodo (natural redheads that is). Seems they're declining in numbers.

brainblogger.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Whew, that one scared me for a moment. Thank goodness it's a joke or I'd be in big trouble if I went to visit florida. I am not giving my red hair up for nothing!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by 44soulslayer

no doubt. I'd be up in arms too if it was true. redheads are my kryptonite.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Crakeur]

hear hear! Redheads (Homer Simpson drool)

In Florida though there aren't near enough red heads. It goes with the fact that red heads and the sun don't mix well. Bleach blonds though, this state is a sea of bleach blond hair!

new topics

top topics

join