It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when all you good people get to heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
what do you think you will be doing to keep yourselves occupied on a day to day basis??

will it be prayers and worship for eternity or will it be the same as life on earth but without the problems that come with living here?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
48 hours and still no-one has said what they think their role in heaven will be.

strange when you spend your whole life being told how you have to live to get there that nobody seems to have any idea just what they will be doing with their time when they do.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My "concept" of an afterlife. is not necessarly "heaven" I would call it a "gathering place" for your "energy/soul" IE what makes you "You".
You could choose to "start over again" IE be reborn, or stay put and have the collective knowledge of others that are there, who knows, you could possibly even "interfer" with daily events on earth. There lies the mystery that we all ask...once I die, is it lights out? One big dark sleep...or once you die, do you "wake up" and go "Cool!"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Although I dont belive in the popular concept of 'heaven', it was noted before in a similar thread here a few days ago that when you consider what heaven will be like, its a difficult thing.
Especially when you apply human points of view to it. If such a thing exists, then you would very probably have to dispose of ideas like 'time', and 'ego'.

Its a hard thing to approach, psychologically.

Prayers and worship? I dont really think any of that would be necessary, would it? The popular christian version of heaven would suggest this is the case, but it doesnt make any sense. I guess all the prayer and stuff is to humble yourself, etc.
Even from the christian point of view, would that still be necessary? To me, thats sort of like using pickup lines on a girl you're already dating (crappy analogy, I know, but you get it right?)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
so what your saying then is you dont know,we are expected to live a cetain way to gain entry into this place but you cant tell me what it will be like or what i will do when i get there.

i dont see why prayers and worship wont be on the agenda,i mean thats god likes you to do.why will it be any different when your admitted.dont you tell your wife /girlfriend you love her.

a day on another planet might be equal to 12 years on this one but time still passes,no matter where you are.

i dont believe in it and never will but i will look up the popular christian version of it because thats is what i wanted to know.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat
so what your saying then is you dont know,we are expected to live a cetain way to gain entry into this place but you cant tell me what it will be like or what i will do when i get there.

Well, I don't believe it either, but its quite possible (if it exists) that it doesnt matter how you live, everybody goes to the same place. This is not something that a lot of people can accept, because most everybody is hung up on this (usually vengeful) idea of people getting what the 'deserve'. So all the good people get to go to a place where they can laugh at their enemies, basically

i dont see why prayers and worship wont be on the agenda,i mean thats god likes you to do.why will it be any different when your admitted.dont you tell your wife /girlfriend you love her.

Point taken, the girlfriend analogy was a little off anyways, but you have a point too. Maybe some people actually enjoy worshipping, etc. Thats odd as hell to me, but thats just me.

a day on another planet might be equal to 12 years on this one but time still passes,no matter where you are.

Actually, that may not be true. Time may be something that only exists in reality as we percieve it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat

what do you think you will be doing to keep yourselves occupied on a day to day basis??

will it be prayers and worship for eternity or will it be the same as life on earth but without the problems that come with living here?

I put in a request to rule my own Caribbean nation.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
True heaven is becoming one again with "God". When that happens I will not have to think about prayer or rituals involved with mortal life. God is I and I is God, whatever God wants of me, is what I will be doing.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
See the movie "What Dreams May Come" and you've pretty much got my idea of Heaven.....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
when i get to heaven first thing i'm gonna do is pack a phat bowl of some of those heavenly purpley green buds. and put it in the air.

top topics

join