It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put young children on DNA list, to target future offenders.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Put young children on DNA list, to target future offenders.

www.guardian.co.uk

Primary school children should be eligible for the DNA database if they exhibit behaviour indicating they may become criminals in later life, according to Britain's most senior police forensics expert.

Gary Pugh, director of forensic sciences at Scotland Yard and the new DNA spokesman for the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo), said a debate was needed on how far Britain should go in identifying potential offenders, given that some experts believe it is possible to identify future offending traits in children as young as five.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I thought only in the U.S. Seems that our ways are rubbing off on other countries. Or, is it just mankind alone.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Next step is arresting them before they are even old enough to shave. Just in case, don't you know?

Foolishness writ large.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm afraid it appears as if that's the way we are heading. The sad part is that many people will agree that this is a good idea and will say,
"well if you've got nothing to hide then what do you have to worry about"

"Better target the 'potential' criminals now before it's too late" they'll say or "I don't want criminals to get away with anything so why not use technology to catch them?" or "what harm could it possibly do?"

It appears as if children are going to be labeled from a very young age which can’t be good for their self esteem and development. Unless scaring the crap out of them and labeling them potential criminals is a good thing? No, it sounds like a control measure rather than a deterrent or a better way to fight crime.

People are volunteering to be chipped and for national ID's, increased security, surveillance, and 'temporary' loss of their rights - all in the name of security. Doesn't history teach people anything?

They probably never read Orwell's 1984 or believe that politicians always look out for our vested interests.

It would be nice if some of our so-called leaders were targeted as potential criminals just in case...

Anyway, who polices the police?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Thanks for getting this article out there, further proof that the NWO is well under way and we're all screwed. It's only a matter of time before they start doing this whether we like it or not. The will of course be debates and people protesting but guess who wins in the end? I wonder how soon before they decide to do random anal probes in the name of national security and crime prevention. I am not bending over for anybody, nothing personal against people who like getting bent over.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why not go all the way and lock us all up in ghettos. It'll be easier to manage us that way and prevent us from harming the rich and privileged. We're all potential criminals in the eyes of the government so perhaps it's best to keep us under lock and key to save us from ourselves

Seriously, these bozos seek ever more control and scrutiny over us while at the same time denying us the same scrutiny over their actions.

They've not gone down the road of thought crimes yet, medicating the young and subjecting them to propaganda and indoctrination from an early age so they become good little citizen drones...... or maybe they have

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is this what the world is coming to?

Trying to guess which 5 year old is going to become a criminal so that they can get his DNA on file?

And what about the poor 5 year old who has to grow up knowing that society has already pegged him to be a future criminal?

What is society coming to that would put this kind of label on a 5 year old?

And how do you think the parents would feel when authorities ask them,"We think your child MIGHT have criminal tendencies and he MIGHT commit a crime in the FUTURE, so we would like you to give us permission to collect his DNA and put it on file,... just in case."

I know what I would tell them if they asked me.

What's next, surgically implanted GPS tracking devices?... Just in case!

[edit on 16/3/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
But I don't get it, since when the people of the UK has been taken by totalitarian government, I thought that they have rights and freedoms to go against their government and fight back.

Don't tell me that the UK and US are conspiring together against their own citizens.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
err why did my post about this get deleted? Could a mod u2u me an explanation please? Much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I think there were two threads on this about the same time and yours is in the other thread that got closed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I thought only in the U.S. Seems that our ways are rubbing off on other countries.

No way. It's the other way around.

NWO policies are almost always tested in the UK before they are rolled out to the states. I've seen this happen in relation to several other stories as well...

The technology to blast high frequencies into the ears of loitering teens for example ... that debuted in the UK and is on it's way to the states.

The police state with men in uniform swarming the city in yellow coats, debut in the U.K. and on it's way to the U.S. (different uniforms of course.)

The thousands of cameras in every public location monitoring civillians... debut in the U.K. and on it's way to America.

But putting children on DNA criminal watch-lists? Absolutely un-ethical beyond anything rolled out to date.

Stunning.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

IF they exhibit behaviour indicating they may become criminals in later life

HAHAH That's so stupid. IF they exhibit behavior. That means nothing at all.

PUT THEM ON THE LIST AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN!!

Everyone needs to get in the DNA database if they want to live in a civilized society. If you don't want on the list, then I BAN THEE!

Anyway, you commoners don't stand a chance. We will just keep attacking the issue from every absurd angle we can until you say, "Oh, well, I guess it would just be easier to collect DNA from everyone at birth."

Mark my words - and witness how we program you.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Mr. Ree]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

IF they exhibit behaviour indicating they may become criminals in later life

HAHAH That's so stupid. IF they exhibit behavior. That means nothing at all.

PUT THEM ON THE LIST AS SOON AS THEY ARE BORN!!

Everyone needs to get in the DNA database if they want to live in a civilized society. If you don't want on the list, then I BAN THEE!

Anyway, you commoners don't stand a chance. We will just keep attacking the issue from every absurd angle we can until you say, "Oh, well, I guess it would just be easier to collect DNA from everyone at birth."

Mark my words - and witness how we program you.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by Mr. Ree]

You can try programing all you want. Your amusing thats why I havent ignored you upto now.
BTW I take it your leading this "NWO" with all your comments of we and I (especially the Ban Thee part)

You (you being the proverbial government) can't have my or my kids DNA.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas! They already try to fingerprint little kids at school for their own protection..

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
reply to post by Mr. Ree

Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas! They already try to fingerprint little kids at school for their own protection..

I never allowed that either....yeah how in the heck is that going to help find a missing kid. pfft

The technology to blast high frequencies into the ears of loitering teens for example ... that debuted in the UK and is on it's way to the states.

Silly government I'm pretty sure you could get around that by putting in your earbuds and turning the heavy metal on your ipod to max.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This reminds me of the movie "Minority Report", where they try to catch people before the act is actually committed. Kind of an unrealistic topic, but in this case applies very well to the discussion. I feel that we are feeling very insecure as a whole, with regards to humankind in general, and that we are looking for a form of "preventative maintenance", if you will. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, as long as it is not used for any other purpose than stockpiling information for future reference. Hey...Google is doing it right?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Trying to determine future criminals based on DNA is about as logical as using phrenology ( reading the bumps on peoples head to predict criminal behavior). Laugh, but a century ago it was all the rage in the law enforcement community.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Trying to determine future criminals based on DNA is about as logical as using phrenology ( reading the bumps on peoples head to predict criminal behavior). Laugh, but a century ago it was all the rage in the law enforcement community.

Yes, they are seriously, literally, bringing back all types of historical quackery and pretending it is science.

On the subject of DNA, it is also pertinent to note that just as they are patenting seeds, they are patenting our gene sequences and we will eventually be required to purchase the rights to produce our own children

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't see why everyone's so parranoid about their DNA.

Are they not aware that upon use of DNA testing people that had been judged guilty of crimes they didn't commit were freed from the prisions they had been unjustly locked up in for upto some 22 years?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I don't see why everyone's so parranoid about their DNA.

Are they not aware that upon use of DNA testing people that had been judged guilty of crimes they didn't commit were freed from the prisions they had been unjustly locked up in for upto some 22 years?

You're comfortable with government putting your DNA in a database so they can instantly identify everywhere you've been, and corporations owning your genes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join