It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Britain in WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What would happen to Great Britain if China, Iran and Russia went to war with the US?
What would happen to our country?
Would we help the US again after the [Snip] they got us to in Iraq?
And if we did end up fighting would they bring in conscription?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Mod edit: Censor circumnavigation. Please see Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 16/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Of course we would stand by the US in an actual war.

The special relationship cant be dismantled because of some bad decisions by leaders at a single point of time!

I cant envisage such a war occuring though- it would be mutually assured destruction by nuclear weapons. Thank god we still have Trident...

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
One reason the allies triumphed in WWII was the ability of the US to ramp up its industrial might to simply build more boats, planes, jeeps, guns than the Axis. I am afraid with each -passing day that capability becomes more unlikely. Think about it..steal industry is only a fraction of what it was, automotive industry the same. What this means is an increased likely hood of using Nuclear weopons.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

i can see a draft comingalong if that happend
with the shortage we have in the armed forces now.

get your Boots ready and sa-18 loaded if that happens

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm sure our American 'allies' would be more than happy to supply the UK with equipment if a draft happened. I mean it would be perfect timing because we have only just stopped paying for WW2 repayments! I can't help but think I'd want to stick with Europe and forget this 'special' bond.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am sure many "war games" have ben "played" concerning the scenario of OP. One thing I would guarentee is all satellites deemed a threat would be taken out.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Actually, a war effort that required us to build would be good for the economy. With the plants reopened they'd need people to do the jobs, to build the ships and weapons and planes. Think of how in WWII women took up the slack of the men who'd gone to war, even though they had had no training, they were able to quickly fill in and do the jobs, so people could be taken from the streets and trained.
In both World Wars the economy was jump started from the work that came from the wars.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
England doesnt exist anymore. Sorry, wrong question.

England is Europe now, united European kingdoms by Lisbon Treaty, there is no sovereign foreign policy left in EU. Right question is what the Europe will do?

I think we will fight with US, they still are the sword of knights. And we are the christians all together, and we will fight as one. London, Vatican, DC and Jerusalem, there are no difference. Alliance is in great conspiracy.

But our fight is doomed in 3rd, and many US soldiers gets killed because the bankers of the old land. Weapons we have, but greed peoples are too lazy to fight, hearts and minds are with opponent forces: They have better mentally to fight, and they still believe to their leaders. They have the justice.

Even the most mighty weapon is poor, if the soldiers has no motivation to use it. And we are running out of trust, and lies has been exposed, war on terror, fabricating 911, 7/7 and Madrid bombs was the greatest failure of Christian rulers after assassination of Russian Tsar by the emperiors of Illuminati.

But London is still the head state, and its USA colony, Kings are still alive, and the sword is in US hands. brains and diplomacy is still in London. Believe lies in Vatican, and goal is in Jerusalem.

( All the Byzantine Emperiors safequard royals, evacuated from old Hebron (Israel): Kings of Norway, Denmark, Sweden, England and Spain are still in crown, owning all the treasures: But Tsar, the King of Novgorod is no more.

So it has been, always will.

But we will lose, and thats because the king make its worst failure ever, and killed the whole family of Tsar, his own blood and the 6th king, and replaced him with communists. Now communism has gone, Russia is its own, and the Tsar has reborn in the form of the two headed eagle, but it doesnt trust its masters anymore, the London has make its worst enemy.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm going to have to say something here, England does exist, because its where I'm from and nothing is going to change that, the average english working person doesn't want to be part of Europe because of all the damn health and safety rubbish. Just thought I would remind you that England ain't gone, not by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBTBE
Sorry, I'm going to have to say something here, England does exist, because its where I'm from and nothing is going to change that, the average english working person doesn't want to be part of Europe because of all the damn health and safety rubbish. Just thought I would remind you that England ain't gone, not by a long shot.

I wish i could agree with you my fellow countryman, but alas gone is our nation.

Check out my thread called "Eu Referendum- a loss of freedom", its got a good discussion going there about our place in europe.

The Lisbon treaty has been signed by the coward Brown. The United States of Europe are about the be declared into existence.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Actually this war will be probably the shortest of all. And asteroids do not need weapons and thus do not lower the unemployment, since it's former "owners" are already vaporized.
Einstein got it wrong,there will never be WW4 on this planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I myself think the United Kindom will all ways stand firm. Because of the people that make up that great nation. There is just too much history and great things they have done through so many generations..that there is no way in hell that the folks of the UK will stand down to any Europe groupie thing! Or take crap from anybody.

Thats a fact.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
post by BBTBE" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http://[/urlreply to [url=http://www.abovepolitics.com/forum/thread342224/pg1#pid4123497]post by BBTBE

An interesting thread and to help with some background on a war between the East and West www.abovepolitics.com...

The question can be answered fairly simply if you want it to be but for me, understanding more about the build up and reasons for the war, gives us a better insight in to what the UK may do and how she would react and we would need to get some more information from the original poster.

The one question I have is whay Iran. Iran may be seen as a local power in the Middle East but in a global war, Iran would have to decide which side she wants to sit on and I do not believe we can assume it would be with Russia or China. Right now, there is a massive Western force on her borders and could Russia and China have enough forces available to defend Iran which having to worry about attacks on their owm motherlands. The harsh truth is that if Iran sided with Russia and China in a global war, there would be little left of Iran and neither China or Russia would be prepared to expend serious military to protect her, so we can rule out Iran as a serious force in a global war.

Of course, I would see a build up of tension before any war so we would have time to deploy the whole of a nuclear submarine force and prepare the rest of our military to forward operation bases.

Any attack on the US and the UK would be seen by the rest of NATA as an attack on them all, so the balance of forces would shift as NATO would come behind the US and UK. [url=http://www.pubquizhelp.34sp.com/misc/nato.html]Members of NATO

So we can consider just what would happened to the UK as this global war is just that. A global war.

One of the questions we have to consider would be the battle fronts and I think we can assume that the Middle East would be in the front line to start with. I think we can rule out Russia coming across Europe like the battle plans for the Cold War predicted and while Russia is rebuilding her military, she is far from ready to engage in a global war with a limited number of allies.

The UK has been used to forces overseas to protect and project influence so the first thing that would happen will be a mobiliation of all reserve forces and I guess there would be moves to get conscription enacted.

Rapid reaction forces would be moved to forward operating bases around the world, the Navy would be deployed overseas as well. There would be NATO planning meetings as the UK forces would be deployed in line the plans to defend NATO.

I would suspect in the early stages there would be little attacks on the UK and even later in to the conflict, as this global war would be about resources around the world and the Middle East and Africa would be the battlefields.

Of course all this changes if the war goes Nuclear

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Freedom ERP]

new topics

top topics

join