It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Protests Scientology, London 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Who is this protest group called "Anonymous"? Has anyone at ATS heard anything about them??

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Google Anonymous or read any of the numerous threads on here. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Under normal circumstances I would call for the right of any religion to practice however they want, but Scientology has the unfortunate policy of literally harassing and suing everyone who disagrees with them. Due to that, all I have to say is...keep it up, Anonymous!

Scientologists have a right to practice their religion however they want - and I think Anonymous would agree. What they don't have a right to do is harass and intimidate everyone who does disagree with them.

I love how in the end of that video they were trying to get the police to stop lawful protesting because it was causing a "noise disruption." You mean to tell me Scientology buys a huge headquarters next to a busy main street, and weren't intelligent enough to use materials that dampen inside noise? Apparently, a few (maybe a hundred)? people chanting at a normal voice level can disrupt their HQ, but not the everyday street noise which is just as loud?!

Scientology needs to learn to deal with critics like the rest of the world's religions. If they would just let their critics speak and not harass them, they would find that much of the problem would go away.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Finally someone that Scientology can't sue

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is why other cults prefer to operate in secret. Whats secret cant be attacked

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacificwind
Scientologists have a right to practice their religion however they want - and I think Anonymous would agree. What they don't have a right to do is harass and intimidate everyone who does disagree with them.

If you find Scientologists doing something illegal why dont you go to the police.

Does any one has any evindence that they "harass and intimidate everyone who does disagree with them" ?
That would be good, because so far a lot of the anti scientology is based on emotions, not facts.

Maybe i am wrong, please show me.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There are quite a few threads on ATS spelling out the many crimes of the "church". There are also hundreds of web sites on the subject. Do the research and then make up your own mind about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
If you find Scientologists doing something illegal why dont you go to the police.

It is illegal to harass and intimidate people on the basis that they are being critical of you. The only thing you can do is file a libel or slander suit, but that is difficult to do unless the critic is attacking someone in Scientology personally and to be successful it has to be a certain kind of attack. You may not, instead, intentionally file frivolous lawsuits, intentionally slander opponents, and stalk them.

You should learn about our legal system, and the concept that called STANDING. I do not have standing I complain to the police and try to take the Church of Scientology to court because they harassed someone else. Therefore, going to police would result in a court case that would get thrown out.

Does any one has any evindence that they "harass and intimidate everyone who does disagree with them" ?

Are you serious? Many sources of proof among thousands:
www.youtube.com...

Note this is not your normal "youtube conspiracy video parsed with eerie music without facts" - this is a BBC report about Scientology. Originally, the BBC just wanted to do an overview about what scientology was about. Instead, their reporter ended up being harassed, stalked, and threatened - so they changed the show to show Scientology's tactics.

Its funny because most of the hatred on this board focused at many things is based on emotion, and not facts. However, this is one of the few times when people on this board are actually focusing on facts, and not emotions.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Who is this protest group called "Anonymous"? Has anyone at ATS heard anything about them??

I'm not sure if it's a group as such, I read earlier protesters were given masks as Scientologists often pursue the individuals who speak out against Scientology.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You should learn about our legal system, and the concept that called STANDING. I do not have standing I complain to the police and try to take the Church of Scientology to court because they harassed someone else. Therefore, going to police would result in a court case that would get thrown out.

Are you serious? Many sources of proof among thousands:
www.youtube.com...

Note this is not your normal "youtube conspiracy video parsed with eerie music without facts" - this is a BBC report about Scientology. Originally, the BBC just wanted to do an overview about what scientology was about. Instead, their reporter ended up being harassed, stalked, and threatened - so they changed the show to show Scientology's tactics.

LOL

Yes i have seen the video you present.

Have you seen this one than.
www.youtube.com...
I you look carefully you see the same reporter.

You should do some more research yourself and find the video that Scientology made on the bbc report, if you not seen it allready.

So please show me some real evidence because i have not seen it yet.

Specialy if this is the best "they/bbc" can come up with.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Sorry, I am not doing your research for you. Go to the library, read a few books about it. This is not a "I do research to convince you" thread. Your just interested in being provocative.

If you were interested in doing your research, instead of just randomly searching youtube for videos that make Scientology look good, you would actually know the context of that video. The reporter got angry and over-reacted after being relentlessly stalked - if you did the research, you'd know that. Because the reporter is honest and interested in letting the public know the truth, he even included that segment in the BBC report. He even apologized for his reaction. Care to show me evidence of Scientology apologizing for stalking him?

But your not interested in finding out the truth are you? Just being contrarian for the fun of it?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That would be good, because so far a lot of the anti scientology is based on emotions, not facts.

Maybe i am wrong, please show me.

Wow, do you honestly think that tens of thousands of people are protesting Scientology because they just feel like it? Honey, you need to do some good old-fashioned RESEARCH.
I'm not going to do research for you. Just read this. It's an inside account of what Paulette Cooper had to endure when she was brought to court by the CoS for bomb threats forged by the Church. Why? Because she wrote a book critical of Scientology.

More information:
xenu.net...
www.exscientologykids.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've seen that BBC report. The videos posted by the "church" only show the final outburst. They don't show their members showing up at the reporters hotel even though he never told them where he was staying. It doesn't show the members following him when he was driving somewhere and refusing to talk to him when he confronts them. They also don't show their members showing up when the reporter was trying to interview Shaun Lonsdale Or the members telling the reporter about Shaun's past even though it had absolutely no relevance to what the interview was about. I think even the calmest, sanest person would snap under those conditions. It escapes me why anyone would defend a group that uses these kinds of tactic. They have been known to literally hound people to death for disagreeing with them. These things are public record. Do the research. Knowledge is free.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is a counter video that Scientology made against the BBC docu.
I can recommend it.

As far as i can see the "respectable" uses the same tactics as Scientology itself.
So i did some research myself thank you.
Maybe look into it and learn for your self.

@pacificwind
You asked me to look at your video, all i am asking to look at mine

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Give it up, people.

jaamaan is a clam, sent here by $cientology to do damage control. He a Ronbot. A damage control troll...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Apparently, they don't realize that these bots actually do more to damage their cause than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i think the best video is this one

video

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anonymous is a group of people on internet message boards that use anonymity and group tactics to try and influence outsiders.

It resembles Discordianism or The Church of the Sub-Genius in its language and ideals.

They are attacking Scientology because of the tactics they use, and Scientology is unable to fight back as they normally do due to the anonymity.

I support Anonymous plight.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
they did that in Finland to, Lahti if i recall right,

www.iltasanomat.fi...

i do like that they enlighten ppl about the dangers of religion , church skientology
i mean , they do show that religion is corrupt,

but i mean they belive in aliens and ufos and most common religions are about as sain stories, aliens and ufos, singular entities and laws of the cosmos ,

i my self belive its a sham , its skientology blackops ,

LRH´s famus quote : gotta get in to religion , cause thats where the money is..

but its all just " self suggestive indoctrination methods " , i guess most religions goes in to the same category

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Give it up, people.

jaamaan is a clam, sent here by $cientology to do damage control. He a Ronbot. A damage control troll...

Well this is quite funny.

I am just trying to look at the flip side of the coin to.
Maybe i am the only one in this topic.

So do Anonymous use the same tactics as the Bush adminitration?
You are eighter with us or your the enemy ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join